Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 141. (Read 202140 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500
Re-Evolution
December 22, 2015, 06:24:21 PM
It's volatility
I would go as far as to say thats the ONLY reason why Bitcoin is not mainstream right now.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
December 22, 2015, 08:31:27 AM
One reason for people not using bitcoin is that it is not issued by governments, so there is no protection from the governments.

There is no seize from government side also.
The stopping reason you have mentioned might be the one of the reason many people are into bitcoin ecosystem. Bitcoin provides freedom in many aspects.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003
December 22, 2015, 05:57:52 AM
one of big the reason is,, it can`not be refunded and the scams are always on the side line, bitcoin will remain like an assets that can be traded to any stocks that have a dollar value.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
December 22, 2015, 05:54:12 AM
One reason for people not using bitcoin is that it is not issued by governments, so there is no protection from the governments.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
December 22, 2015, 05:28:22 AM
Bitcoin is virtual and digital. We cannot touch and feel like fiat money. How does it have value? Another important factor is the strong volatile price.

It holds value since the market is growing on a daily basis. If it didn't held any value, you wouldn't be able to earn it or buy it with fiat.
Activity: 280
December 22, 2015, 04:57:13 AM
I think one of the problems we have is that too many people are holding and not actually spending,  so when websites do decide to accept btc they don't get enough sales with it to make it worthwhile.

I think that more people would be spending if bitcoin was available as payment though. Right now there's very little sites that have bitcoin as payment. I think holding bitcoins has a bit to do with not being able to spend as well.

Activity: 242
December 22, 2015, 04:52:15 AM
Bitcoin is virtual and digital. We cannot touch and feel like fiat money. How does it have value? Another important factor is the strong volatile price.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
December 22, 2015, 04:47:58 AM
I think one of the problems we have is that too many people are holding and not actually spending,  so when websites do decide to accept btc they don't get enough sales with it to make it worthwhile.
Activity: 532
December 22, 2015, 02:42:44 AM
One of the most common issue might be the bitcoin value.

It changes a lot during a day or during the month which means it is not very stable.

Another thing i think is that there is no charge back and people are afraid and do not enough trust the sellers
Activity: 700
December 22, 2015, 02:37:03 AM
(Elderly) People are afraid of new things and Internet money don't sounds/seems to be like real money.
Then offcourse we've got some issues with some bad PR (bitcoin being used for drugs).

Most media outlets even fight bitcoin in a very amateuristic level. In Japan for example the capture of  Mark Karpeles was presented as the capture of the CEO of Bitcoin.
Yes you read this right, it's untrue and meant to scare people.

Damn the media making bitcoin bad. And for those who dont think bitcoin is not true I hope they see how we are profiting from this money. And maybe they will understand what we are fighting for. They will not stop bringing it down. Or the government colonizing it for their own profit.
why would they care about how you are profiting or not ? and they won't even care to understand ever.They are getting paid for what they are doing and they will continue this.
bitcoin is 5 year old and people wont invest 100 years wealth in it.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
December 22, 2015, 02:16:13 AM
There are many answers to this question. My simple answer is that nothing is stooping people from using Bitcoin, but Bitcoin is not well know enough. That is the real problem.
Activity: 546
December 22, 2015, 02:07:57 AM
Maybe when bitcoin prices plummeted, people became afraid
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
December 22, 2015, 01:33:08 AM
(Elderly) People are afraid of new things and Internet money don't sounds/seems to be like real money.
Then offcourse we've got some issues with some bad PR (bitcoin being used for drugs).

Most media outlets even fight bitcoin in a very amateuristic level. In Japan for example the capture of  Mark Karpeles was presented as the capture of the CEO of Bitcoin.

Damn the media making bitcoin bad. And for those who dont think bitcoin is not true I hope they see how we are profiting from this money. And maybe they will understand what we are fighting for. They will not stop bringing it down. Or the government colonizing it for their own profit.
Activity: 406
December 21, 2015, 05:47:28 PM
Personally I think the biggest thing stopping most people is that the Average Joe has no real need for bitcoin at the moment. Maybe it it gains traction at some point in the future and is accepted worldwide people would use it as a universal currency and wopuld save people time and money by not having to convert cash into local money etc.

True half of the people don't know it yes. But now the focus should be on some proper marketing instrument being used.

TV commercials and usage, getting some major retails on board and off we go.
Activity: 896
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
December 21, 2015, 05:11:57 PM

M83
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
December 21, 2015, 01:31:48 PM
Personally I think the biggest thing stopping most people is that the Average Joe has no real need for bitcoin at the moment. Maybe it it gains traction at some point in the future and is accepted worldwide people would use it as a universal currency and wopuld save people time and money by not having to convert cash into local money etc.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
December 21, 2015, 12:47:01 PM
I think it's the media that's stopping most people from using bitcoin. They shed bitcoin in a bad light and because everyone isso involved into the media, they believe whatever they hear through the media.
They don't take a step back and think for themselves. Bitcoin is not mainstream so if someone's neighbor is not using it, neither will the rest of them.

I agree with this. The media is always only talking about bitcoins used for illegal activities or terrorist activities but rarely do I see positive articles wherein the uses of bitcoins are explained and mostly these articles are written by bitcoin users. There are some articles that just speculate bitcoins being involved in frauds and I want them to stop as this is the main reason many people refrain from using bitcoins thinking it's illegal.

Yes completely right. Talking about lies in the newspaper and other communication the televiaion or radios. Maybe it is the government too that is paying them to tell lies about bitcoin so it can put down.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
December 21, 2015, 12:38:43 PM
I think it's the media that's stopping most people from using bitcoin. They shed bitcoin in a bad light and because everyone isso involved into the media, they believe whatever they hear through the media.
They don't take a step back and think for themselves. Bitcoin is not mainstream so if someone's neighbor is not using it, neither will the rest of them.

I agree with this. The media is always only talking about bitcoins used for illegal activities or terrorist activities but rarely do I see positive articles wherein the uses of bitcoins are explained and mostly these articles are written by bitcoin users. There are some articles that just speculate bitcoins being involved in frauds and I want them to stop as this is the main reason many people refrain from using bitcoins thinking it's illegal.
legendary
Activity: 1106
December 21, 2015, 06:35:58 AM
so many reason, for example: they got bored , they think they dont need bitcoin anymore, they think that bitcoin dont have bright future (i believe bitcoin have bright future)

i dont think so its true or i dont think so something is stopping people to use bitcoins or even people are not using it i have a faucet and you wont believe faucets have hell amount of traffic how ? because people ( new mostly ) wants to use bitcoins
Activity: 350
December 21, 2015, 06:10:53 AM
the reason people having doubt about bitcoin is its instability, right now bitcoin is able to compete side by side
with fiat, but if the instability got worse bitcoin will not be able to attract any investor.

Its not doubt and all dude. Its people are not aware of bitcoin. Still we can see so many people near by your home also Who does not know what is bitcoin. And next  thing is less  adoption in real world business.Like Dell, Apple, Amazon and Etc.. they are doing Still Its need more adoption.

Yes indeed. Bitcoin needs a mass adaption to grow to it's full potential. Bitcoin is alright the way it is right now, but there are so many possibilities if just more people were aware that bitcoin exists.
Until then we have to depend on the media and ourselves to bring awareness to other people about bitcoin.
Jump to: