Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 139. (Read 202140 times)

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
December 24, 2015, 04:40:05 PM
I think the lack of acknowledgement about bitcoin, most of them answer they are afraid of the wallet security is not secured enough and then because bitcoin still through process of adaptian so untill now not many stores accept bitcoin, so they feel kind of useless collecting bitcoin but cant spend on what they want
i agree, when i first heard about bitcoin i didnt get into it because i wasnt feeling secure about buying bitcoins, the whole address stuff can be a bit overwhelming to a new person, but over time it does get easier to trust.
Without knowing the person we should not do any transactions that what biggest lesson we got from our best part of life.. So the trust is the key factor required to attract people whom its stopping to use the Bitcoins or any transactions. And many people still don't know what is Bitcoins. If they know it iam sure they will start doing any transactions.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
December 24, 2015, 03:02:30 PM
I think the lack of acknowledgement about bitcoin, most of them answer they are afraid of the wallet security is not secured enough and then because bitcoin still through process of adaptian so untill now not many stores accept bitcoin, so they feel kind of useless collecting bitcoin but cant spend on what they want

You nailed it I think.
Most of the users are either nerds and therefore tech savvys or speculators who are in for profits in Bitcoin or fiat or both.
Bitcoin indeed is still not easy to use for the average joe and maria out there.
Therefore lots of work has to be done, which will also take some time, because I think we all want things to be done properly!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
December 24, 2015, 02:56:35 PM
i agree, when i first heard about bitcoin i didnt get into it because i wasnt feeling secure about buying bitcoins, the whole address stuff can be a bit overwhelming to a new person, but over time it does get easier to trust.

Yes security of invested money is the main reason for many people still. The government can also hinder the people from making use of bitcoin. Like it’s in Russia, people are not allowed to use Bitcoin, because it is declared illegal by their government. This kind of situations are main stopping for people to use bitcoin.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
December 24, 2015, 12:55:03 PM
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
December 24, 2015, 12:54:24 PM
I think the simple answer is that people just don't believe in the bitcoin market as it is right now.
People who don't believe in something won't spend their time or money investing in to it.

Trust is an important factor, but it doesn't end there. Most people are not aware of bitcoin.
They think it is just an online thingy, which is wrong offcourse.

Yeah trust is the one factor to believe that the bitcoin is money.
Before i came here i was trying to collect bitcoins and before i dont believe it and i dont trust it this kind of ecurrency
Because of some scammers out there in ponzi site that i invest my collected bitcoin and i just trust this ponzi site before
because of some testimonials but in the end all my bitcoins stuck on that site. so im stop it to collect bitcoins.
But now im trying to search how to recover my bitcoins and i found this forum and learn that all ponzi site are scammers.
So trust is the one factor to believe in bitcoins...
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
December 24, 2015, 12:35:44 PM
I think the simple answer is that people just don't believe in the bitcoin market as it is right now.
People who don't believe in something won't spend their time or money investing in to it.

Trust is an important factor, but it doesn't end there. Most people are not aware of bitcoin.
They think it is just an online thingy, which is wrong offcourse.

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
The trouble is you think you have time.
December 24, 2015, 11:33:35 AM
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
December 24, 2015, 11:30:51 AM
One of the main reasons definitely is that there are too few merchants and shops which accept Bitcoin. Why should somebody "normal" use Bitcoin as payment option when it is hard to spend them?
and when it is hard to get/buy them, another reason is maybe the confirmation that takes a transaction to be confirmed, if there are more ATM more merchant people will naturally be interested in bitcoin.

I dont think Bitcoin ATM will help, these have so high fees it is basically the same or worse as credit card fees. Without getting paid in Bitcoin, it does not make economical sence buying Bitcoins at ATM in order spending these Bitcoins.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
Turn your financial ideas into reality
December 24, 2015, 10:58:00 AM
stopping people from using bitcoin cause of bitcoin worthless when compared to the other currencies as well as all countries have condemned the bitcoin users, but it does not apply now because I read in the news that bitcoin is the currency exchange rate continues to rise .
Activity: 126
December 24, 2015, 10:48:04 AM
I think a lot of people know about and of bitcoin. I think they just simply don't believe there's a future in bitcoin.
Some don't want to waste their time on something they don't believe in. Some know about it but don't want to use it since all they hear about bitcoin is that it's being used for criminal activities.
Activity: 742
December 24, 2015, 10:26:11 AM
I think many people don't know enough about bitcoin and crypto currencies generally, or may be they have wrong ideas about this currencies. That's why they don't use bitcoin usually. And that's why the bitcoin's community should advertise more Bitcoin
Activity: 2646
Merit: 587
December 24, 2015, 06:18:52 AM

But in my locality most of people are aware about Btc and its usage. When I offered some of my online employees in terms of BTC, they all refused to accept being doubtful of its security. No doubt it is gaining popularity in countries like Indonesia but its ban in some nations and lack of stores accepting BTC in others stop people from using it.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
Black Panther
December 23, 2015, 08:01:39 PM
legendary
December 23, 2015, 07:47:23 PM
The amount of time between using bitcoins to pay for a cup of coffee.
Until this is as short as paying with fiat, there will be no MASS adoption.

i some times visit a cafe close to where i live, where you can pay with bitcoin. i just scan the qr code and the coins are sent, and i have my beer. it's that quick. they don't require you to wait for 1 confirmation.

Yeah I don't know where this comment is coming from. Normally when being in a shop, you just scan the the QR code and transfer your coins.

From there you are good to go. No waiting list for people who paid with bitcoin.

for small things there is indeed no need for confirmations. if the amount is higher than $50-$100 then they may ask for at least 1 confirmation. once i go to that cafe again i will ask them what their limit is for no confirmation payments.
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
December 23, 2015, 07:29:07 PM
I think people find it more convenient to use fiat. That is what is stopping people from using Bitcoin. Why would I go to a store that accepts Bitcoin when I could simply go to a store that accepts normal currency.

It's convenient in a lot of cases but not all. Speed and cost are very important tactors taken in account when it comes down to financial transactions.

The bitcoin wallet should could use a revamp, followed by some a educational marketing campaign to create more awareness.

This could be the step needed for it to get more attention.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
December 23, 2015, 06:59:46 PM
I think people find it more convenient to use fiat. That is what is stopping people from using Bitcoin. Why would I go to a store that accepts Bitcoin when I could simply go to a store that accepts normal currency.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
December 23, 2015, 06:56:05 PM
i think its the possibility that bitcoin price can decrease very fast

True volatility scares the hell out of me too. Let's hope we have find some stable grounds now.
This is a good price for bitcoin if you compare it with a steady progress from  199 2013 (before the hype)

This scares me as well but that's just the chance you take when you are investing into bitcoin. I believe that bitcoin has potential to grow in the upcoming years but there's always that chance that bitcoin can fail or die out.
Activity: 136
December 23, 2015, 06:54:01 PM
i think the main reason is price fluctuations
Activity: 770
Forza Roma
December 23, 2015, 06:47:21 PM

True volatility scares the hell out of me too. Let's hope we have find some stable grounds now.
This is a good price for bitcoin if you compare it with a steady progress from  199 2013 (before the hype)
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
December 23, 2015, 06:02:31 PM
Jump to: