Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 142. (Read 202140 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
December 21, 2015, 06:01:56 AM
the reason people having doubt about bitcoin is its instability, right now bitcoin is able to compete side by side
with fiat, but if the instability got worse bitcoin will not be able to attract any investor.

Its not doubt and all dude. Its people are not aware of bitcoin. Still we can see so many people near by your home also Who does not know what is bitcoin. And next  thing is less  adoption in real world business.Like Dell, Apple, Amazon and Etc.. they are doing Still Its need more adoption.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
December 21, 2015, 05:28:52 AM
I think it's the media that's stopping most people from using bitcoin. They shed bitcoin in a bad light and because everyone isso involved into the media, they believe whatever they hear through the media.
They don't take a step back and think for themselves. Bitcoin is not mainstream so if someone's neighbor is not using it, neither will the rest of them.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
December 21, 2015, 05:04:15 AM
What do you think? For some people don't like new things like bitcoin is a new type thing to buy and sell.
Also there is just to many people that don't still know how to use bitcoin and what bitcoin is.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
December 21, 2015, 05:01:12 AM
So after reading this article and especially the ending:

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

I'm wondering what's stopping people from using bitcoin?

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?

I think ignorance is one of the main issue here even here in our country where there are already a lot of bitcoin atm and 3 companies exchanging to our local currencies many people here still don't buy i guess it will still take a few more years when bitcoin is very stable and 50% of the companies worldwide accept bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
December 21, 2015, 03:42:09 AM
the reason people having doubt about bitcoin is its instability, right now bitcoin is able to compete side by side
with fiat, but if the instability got worse bitcoin will not be able to attract any investor.

Yeah that is correct. But stability is said to be gain when it is being lead by someone with greater power. Just like the government. Fiat are stable because they are controlled by someone. Unlike Bitcoin, it is not controlled you have your own wallet and you can do what you want with it.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
December 20, 2015, 08:54:40 PM
Slow in transactions, people dont undertand nothing about what in the hell is a blockchain, media is trying to give a bad image of the Bitcoin, and the last and i think most important too many  humans are stupids and have fear to innovation
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
December 20, 2015, 03:26:26 PM

Yes, the price instability leads to afraid of using bitcoin. They are afraid because nobody would like to invest in such a “thing” they will lose their value worth over time period. or they think they will not gain anything from it, and it is a total of uncertainty. This is the main cause of stopping people from using bitcoin.

Yes, Bitcoin is a very volatile “currency”, you don’t know when it will rise and when it will fall, so most of the people are afraid of making use of it. While some of my friends are afraid that it might be banned and they will end up loosing everything they have invested in it. These are some example of stopping people from using bitcoin.
Activity: 294
December 20, 2015, 01:43:17 AM
Most people have never heard of the concept bitcoin before... We need to promote more.
you right dude. If you know the concept, you will easily understand such as whether bitcoin it.
after you understand that, you will understand the gap to search for BTC
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
December 20, 2015, 12:30:50 AM

Yes, the price instability leads to afraid of using bitcoin. They are afraid because nobody would like to invest in such a “thing” they will lose their value worth over time period. or they think they will not gain anything from it, and it is a total of uncertainty. This is the main cause of stopping people from using bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
December 19, 2015, 09:15:11 PM
Activity: 343
Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz
December 19, 2015, 09:07:50 PM
Most people have never heard of the concept bitcoin before... We need to promote more.
Activity: 56
December 19, 2015, 09:07:04 PM
Because they dont know bitcoins is very good
aff
Activity: 36
December 19, 2015, 05:38:56 PM
I think the major contributing factor is they either don't know enough about it or fully understand it. They see it as some weird online tool/program/app that is used by people who are already technology literate. All they hear is Technobabble. They don't get p2p, they don't understand the blockchain talk, a good percentage of them most likely have no idea it is even money.  

The core base of bitcoin is still mostly techies/developers/IT or people who come close to fitting into those categories. They are already good with technology. People who would buy a raspberry pi to use it as a node. People who shop at newegg for computer parts.

When that barrier is broken I don't know.
Activity: 406
December 19, 2015, 05:09:26 PM
nothing stops people from using the actual currency of bitcoins there is not enough information about it thats why people usually are not very keen on using it though if they would know all the facts about it i believe they would really like it
legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000
December 19, 2015, 05:02:53 PM
In my opinion, whats stopping user adoption from exploding is a few things:
1)The massive drop from the 1300 bubble to now (even given our recent advances)
2)Gox is still a fear in the back of everyones minds... and cryptsys situation isnt helping
3)The rampant shitcoin releases for alts
4)The incredibly high rate of scam sites when compared to other currencies
5)Still not 'easily' (read idiot-proof) fluid from fiat to btc and back.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Pollak
December 19, 2015, 04:59:12 PM
Most people think of bitcoin as a payment for criminals which is very bad.
I think a lot of people are also not aware of what bitcoin and how it can make their life better.
These are the main reasons
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
December 19, 2015, 04:32:36 PM
sinking hard earn money into somthing experts warn them about, and could potentially fail, isn't everyone's cup of tea...
Activity: 770
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 19, 2015, 03:51:42 PM
well there might be a lot of things why people might not want to use bitcoins first of all a lot of people thing that its created to make illegal activities also people dont like that the price is fluctuating a lot though i believe that people will get interested after some time
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
December 19, 2015, 03:41:05 PM
When bitcoin become worthless, then people will starting leave bitcoin for sure, But I am pretty sure this will not happen cause bitcoin will be the future of money.. 
all could happen dude, bitcoin will be useless when gold bitcoin price plummeted, when everyone sell all their bitcoin
and the price of bitcoin will fall, people will not wear it again

Wait the minute " when everyone sell all their bitcoins.."  seel it to whom? If u wish to sell someone will need to wish to buy, so your logic is a bit hard for me to understan. I get that miners are the peope who keep bitcoin alive. And as long there is miners bitcoin will be safe and will have some normal price. I read a lot about it, and I think bitcoin will have some special place in future, but surprises are waiting for us for sure. Like always new things will come, new people with new idea. What will come is yet to be seen, all we can do now is to try to make something nice for bitcoin, and to share it around.
Activity: 778
December 19, 2015, 03:33:37 PM
Some people is stopping bitcoin of using it, because they just afraid to lose there money and they don't know how to use it.
That is why the new generation is better for them to use bitcoin.
Jump to: