Pages:
Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 45. (Read 202139 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
People stop using Bitcoin because maybe they think that it is not what they expected it to be. With Bitcoin you will have to be very patient if you want to make money if not then this is just not for you.
yeah you need to be patient if you choose to invest in bitcoin. if you can not wait to invest in bitcoin. maybe you get is a defeat
so maybe that's one reason for them to stop using bitcoin
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
Strength in Numbers
People stop using Bitcoin because maybe they think that it is not what they expected it to be. With Bitcoin you will have to be very patient if you want to make money if not then this is just not for you.

If you don't have patience then you should not invest your money into it, as to earn huge profits from it you need to hold it for a really long time.

Maybe that's it people stops using bitcoin because they don't have patience, they don't have patience for waiting the price increase and they don't value it that they can really earn from it. Patience is really need in bitcoin and we all know there are people that doesn't have enough patience for
something and it is one of the reason maybe.
Activity: 476
I think the main reason for stopping people for using bitcoin are the HYIPs sites that are getting scammed fast, because when they are newbie they think that HYIPs are forever passive income so they will buy bitcoin and invest it on a HYIP site but they didn't know that it's just a scam site that giving payment for the few investors but after they get their target amount of bitcoin they will turned to scam.
Lol I think it was out of bitcoin? You do not have to get out of bitcoin or stop using bitocin. you only need to not invest in hyip sites and the problem is resolved dude ?
Activity: 392

If you don't have patience then you should not invest your money into it, as to earn huge profits from it you need to hold it for a really long time.
Activity: 364
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
What stopping people from using bitcoin is the lack of idea of the existence of bitcoin just like my co-workers in our office. The second is the availability of btc, its hard to purchase since you have to travel far or it is absent in your place. And third it is susceptible to hacking, a question of security and confidence.

According to an expert that I have seen hacking have been impossible for different kind of hackers. Many have tried but seems to not get inside it. The lack of establishments where it can be purchased is growing steadily. 7/11 I think is now accepting to buy bitcoins through them.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
I think the main reason for stopping people for using bitcoin are the HYIPs sites that are getting scammed fast, because when they are newbie they think that HYIPs are forever passive income so they will buy bitcoin and invest it on a HYIP site but they didn't know that it's just a scam site that giving payment for the few investors but after they get their target amount of bitcoin they will turned to scam.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1280
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
What stopping people from using bitcoin is the availability of store / merchant where they can use their Bitcoin, literacy is another factor, it is a sad fact that lots of people even though heard about something dare not to research what it is even if it will benefited them.  They always tend to listen to negative criticism without base rather than knowng the truth.  Fear of losing their BTC holdings coz of hacking and other unexpected event is another reason too.   
Activity: 336
What stopping people from using bitcoin is the lack of idea of the existence of bitcoin just like my co-workers in our office. The second is the availability of btc, its hard to purchase since you have to travel far or it is absent in your place. And third it is susceptible to hacking, a question of security and confidence.
Activity: 966
Merit: 546
i think nothing stops them, they are just afraid to lose their money because of possible price fall

Well I think that is also somehow need to consider that they are stopping from using bitcoin, but I don't think they are not really into investment.
They just want to enjoy the essence and use of bitcoin, but maybe you are somehow right.
Well I know I don't want whatever money I put into Bitcoin to disappear due to market movements, even if I am just buying things through Bitcoin. If I put in $20 to buy a thing, and then the market moves downwards, and say I now only have $19.50, and I can't buy whatever it was I wanted to, I would be kinda annoyed that I'd now have to put in more money to buy a thing that would only cost $20 for $20.50.
This is actually a problem for me. It happens so often that it gets really inconvenient to try and buy things because you always have to go back and forth for a few cents. And then after you have to put money back to where it came from because you no doubt have more than enough in there after it's all said and done.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
i think nothing stops them, they are just afraid to lose their money because of possible price fall

Well I think that is also somehow need to consider that they are stopping from using bitcoin, but I don't think they are not really into investment.
They just want to enjoy the essence and use of bitcoin, but maybe you are somehow right.
Well I know I don't want whatever money I put into Bitcoin to disappear due to market movements, even if I am just buying things through Bitcoin. If I put in $20 to buy a thing, and then the market moves downwards, and say I now only have $19.50, and I can't buy whatever it was I wanted to, I would be kinda annoyed that I'd now have to put in more money to buy a thing that would only cost $20 for $20.50.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
Volatility. Technology Bias. Adaptability.

All that will change soon. Bitcoin is growing and with that grow more people join, eventually that will lead to adaptability, and with that stability will come also. We can not hurry things, lets be real how much bitcoin is among us? Do you wish everything to happen over night? Well its not possible.

Time need to pass, and in that period of time slow changes will happen. Its not small thing what bitcoin achieved in just 7 years, don't forget that. If bitcoin continue to grow with same speed we can expect big things to happen very soon. But again we need to show patience, and not to force things.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
maybe hey just seeing the negative sides of bitcoins well after all we have our own decision to make in our own lives  .
yeah bitcoin has a negative side so maybe they just see bitcoin on the negative side. and they stopped drawn to bitcoin seeing the negative side of bitcoin
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

I think that it's not the main reason why thay don't use bitcoin, it's seems very simple for me, at my opinion many people don't really interested on using bitcoin casue of bad news and other fake information.

That's true people gets influenced by press and media and the news that they deliver, they just gets carried away with what they listen rather then researching on their own.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251

I think that it's not the main reason why thay don't use bitcoin, it's seems very simple for me, at my opinion many people don't really interested on using bitcoin casue of bad news and other fake information.
Activity: 389
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
I think it is their mindset that stopping them.Because they are worrried that bitcoin network can be hacked or a scam online.And they are thinking that bitcoin is a full scam
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
What is stopping people from using it is that the bitcoin is unpredictable, not stable and has a bad name because of the media that is talking bad about it these days.
I agree. The media often report bitcoin as a currency or as a medium used by criminals to launder money which definitely gives off a bad name for bitcoin. As for the unpredictability, it's pretty much what an investment is, unpredictable. Which is why bitcoin is such high risk investment, yet a high profit investment as well.
Always criminals look for ways launder money. Either this may be with BTC or any other currency. If this brings bad impression on BTC then it should do with other currency or altcoins. Money market is always a open forum. It matters how this get utilized.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
What is stopping people from using it is that the bitcoin is unpredictable, not stable and has a bad name because of the media that is talking bad about it these days.
I agree. The media often report bitcoin as a currency or as a medium used by criminals to launder money which definitely gives off a bad name for bitcoin. As for the unpredictability, it's pretty much what an investment is, unpredictable. Which is why bitcoin is such high risk investment, yet a high profit investment as well.
Pages:
Jump to: