Pages:
Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 55. (Read 202139 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 501
Strength in Numbers
I think the only thing that stop people from using bitcoin is the ponzi/scam sites because other people believed that the ponzi will last forever but they didn't know that the site is a scam.

Yeah that's one of the reason for sure the people stops to use bitcoin, because they got victimized by those scamming sites and investment schemes.
Maybe their hard earned bitcoins was risked their and the site ran away from them. Of course, it hurts their feeling and after that they hated and stop
using bitcoins, that's what I assume.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
hmmm, maybe because people are afraid with bitcoin fraud until they leave bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
I think bitcoin is actually more secure than a lot of other payment gateways. Rather, I think it's the bad image that has been cast over what bitcoin is used for that is creating doubts over the public about the morality of bitcoin.

For example, bitcoin is used for buying drugs. The public thinks that is all bitcoin is used for, and therefore they don't use it because they think it's illegal.

i agree. sadly the media has always been mostly against bitcoin especially whenever it is in their favor and most of the time they are just spreading the negative news because it is hot.

and this negative publicity is one of the biggest obstacles in front of bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
People want to see the physical form of bitcoin, if it holds physical image then majority of people will start accepting and using it in future.

I dont think that is ever possible bitcoin will never get physical form and that is the reason its different from other currencies, when people will be aware about bitcoin they will start using it.

Exactly.

Bitcoin don't need to become physical, but that's the thing with human pshychology. We want to feel it.

I would feel 100 times happier if i hold my 100k$ in my hands rather than see the balance in bank's website. I don't know why, it is like prozac to my brain.
Activity: 574
I think bitcoin is actually more secure than a lot of other payment gateways. Rather, I think it's the bad image that has been cast over what bitcoin is used for that is creating doubts over the public about the morality of bitcoin.

For example, bitcoin is used for buying drugs. The public thinks that is all bitcoin is used for, and therefore they don't use it because they think it's illegal.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I think the only thing that stop people from using bitcoin is the ponzi/scam sites because other people believed that the ponzi will last forever but they didn't know that the site is a scam.
Activity: 490
The first reason which make the people to not use bitcoin is because they don't know it. Is yet very little the percentage of the people who know it. Second, they who know it and don't use it make this because they believe that the price of bitcoin will go high or very high in the future. So don't worth to use it for small or everyday needs for the everyday life. Me myself thinks like the lasts. I see the use of bitcoin to buy irrelevant things (or even relevant ones) in internet with bitcoin as a waste of it. I have other money to use in such kind of occasions: why use bitcoin?
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Bitcoins didn't gain much popularity as a currency because the government makes it difficult. I'm now speaking of the government of any country because when the government can't control something it is trying to destroy that something (or slow the process) some way or another.
Activity: 616
I think what is people stop using is that its not accepted by a lot of people these days and it also has a bad name because of the media, these 2 things together are making it hard for the bitcoin if you ask me.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
It's the same thing as with anything on the internet. The lack of know-how - lack of interest in technology. That lack of know-how - technology - is the barrier of entry preventing anyone who doesn't have the time or genuine interest to sink their teeth in learning about these type of stuff.

I don't know how to word this better haha but experience I suppose just interest in adopting technology, to move with the trend of technology that kind of interest that'll move you to overnight study stuff you have never even heard of before for how many days of the week
Activity: 1458
Merit: 509
I think that the biggest problem is that people arent used to bitcoin,also when i tell my frinds for it they think it is a waste of time
Activity: 756
The complexity of buying bitcoins is preventing new comers from using. It is a hassle to buy BTCs, you have to do ID verifications, selfie and submit your bills.

The unregulated nature of bitcoins is probably putting investors away.

There is a chance it is true. But you need to know that it also has a very useful purpose and was good enough. Because the presence of the owner of the site system does not suffer losses on purchases made by people who are not responsible. On the internet a lot of people who could rip off someone's Personal Data to be used for something that hackers wanted
Activity: 266
The complexity of buying bitcoins is preventing new comers from using. It is a hassle to buy BTCs, you have to do ID verifications, selfie and submit your bills.

The unregulated nature of bitcoins is probably putting investors away.
Activity: 392
It's not actually the lack of interest that keeps people from using bitcoin, rather it is the lack of knowledge about it, or worse, the fact that some people don't even know that such a thing exists. It is going to be a while before people start to accept such technological products because of their risky and uncertain nature.

You've got it right here friend, people stops from using bitcoin because they really not familiar on what bitcoin is, on how to get bitcoin, on how to use bitcoin. That's why for us, it is our duty to help them out. By explaining them on how bitcoin totally works.
To my honest opinion as bitcoin works right the possibility for it to disappear isn't possible as many users around the virtual world already embrace bitcoin no wonder in the near future that this coin can work as like Credit card or an ordinary debit transaction. So those who are not using the coins now will use it in  the near future.

If they are aware about bitcoin then they will use it for sure, but the fact is they still don't know that there is currency like bitcoin and that is the reason they are not using it.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
It's not actually the lack of interest that keeps people from using bitcoin, rather it is the lack of knowledge about it, or worse, the fact that some people don't even know that such a thing exists. It is going to be a while before people start to accept such technological products because of their risky and uncertain nature.

You've got it right here friend, people stops from using bitcoin because they really not familiar on what bitcoin is, on how to get bitcoin, on how to use bitcoin. That's why for us, it is our duty to help them out. By explaining them on how bitcoin totally works.
To my honest opinion as bitcoin works right the possibility for it to disappear isn't possible as many users around the virtual world already embrace bitcoin no wonder in the near future that this coin can work as like Credit card or an ordinary debit transaction. So those who are not using the coins now will use it in  the near future.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1102
People want to see the physical form of bitcoin, if it holds physical image then majority of people will start accepting and using it in future.

I dont think that is ever possible bitcoin will never get physical form and that is the reason its different from other currencies, when people will be aware about bitcoin they will start using it.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Activity: 1708
Merit: 606
Buy The F*cking Dip
The fact that it is an online currency and not tangible made some people to stop using Bitcoin. A big chunk of people in my country are so afraid in dealing with this. They just wholeheartedly trust Banks. Also, culture usually play a significant role in the ability to accept Bitcoin (or other things) and use it (based from my experiences).  Undecided
Activity: 672
I think that people can't start using bitcoin cause they don't understand what is this or they are not interested. Sometimes people just trying to solve their poblems by doing nothing  Grin

The major fact is that they don't to invest their money in something that is totally new to them as they have fear of loosing their money and that is the reason they are not using it.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
I think that people can't start using bitcoin cause they don't understand what is this or they are not interested. Sometimes people just trying to solve their poblems by doing nothing  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: