Pages:
Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 58. (Read 202139 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
It's not actually the lack of interest that keeps people from using bitcoin, rather it is the lack of knowledge about it, or worse, the fact that some people don't even know that such a thing exists. It is going to be a while before people start to accept such technological products because of their risky and uncertain nature.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
This thread is one of the reasons, i wanted to quote a dude but i see its everywhere. Besides that bitcoin is not friendly with whoever is not a tech/lover.

Exactly it has not reached to many people yet, only because they are not aware about latest technology or are not interested in knowing it, the fact is people resist change.

Yes people because of so many remote places on Earth people there are hard to get with the new trend
on what's happening with the technology today. I don't know if they can even touch a single keyboard or mouse. Or do they ever know what is computer.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1102
This thread is one of the reasons, i wanted to quote a dude but i see its everywhere. Besides that bitcoin is not friendly with whoever is not a tech/lover.

Exactly it has not reached to many people yet, only because they are not aware about latest technology or are not interested in knowing it, the fact is people resist change.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
There are number of reason which is stopping people from using Bitcoins. The main reason is ignorance of knowledge and existence of bitcoins.
We should teach about bitcoin in business colleges  that would be really interesting. In the developing countries, no one would even consider going online because internet is expensive and it is a privileged to have one. So bitcoin wouldn't really be known by many people But the way the dollar grew, im confident the bitcoin will grow as well. It only began in 2004 after all; its only been 12 years.

Yeah, I am also feeling a need of some academies and computer colleges and business schools to teach about bitcoin or they have to include a permanent subject/chapter about bitcoin in their syllabus, with that bitcoin will be understood all over the world and the haters will know the reality of bitcoin and will then love it.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
People are using the bitcoin for profit but some people do not want to step in because they are simply thinking its a wasted time.
The most of them are not sure about the bitcoin and are scared to lose money because of it.
ya need to be improved is the way people think about bitcoin. Most people may be a little frightened by the word bitcoin. people think is bitcoin is not recommended to use by the government.
Or may be these people are one of those country that restricted the use bitcoin as a way to transact.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
Most people don't know that bitcoin even exist, the people that do know about bitcoin could be not using bitcoin due to some reason, they don't understand the concept of bitcoin and they are afraid of losing money when they start to invest into it then they don't know anyone who are into bitcoin, so if something goes wrong, they won't know who to turn to wrong or they just don't believe bitcoin would be a benefit to them...
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Recently I interviewed people about Bitcoin, and the ability to have the same impression:
Most people trust banks. This is especially felt in the developed countries where the banking infrastructure is well developed. Consumers love and appreciate the stability and reliability, for this they are even ready to pay more for financial products. They do not want to understand how the product works, they need affordable and simple solutions. People who have heard of Bitcoins, consider it illegal tool, and the rest believe that cryptocurrency can only be used for the purchase of drugs and weapons.

Well I'm not surprised that they think banks are secure. And I also understand those who think bitcoins are used for illegal purposes, which infact, back in the past is kinda true.

However, we need to remove that stigmata and reintroduce them to bitcoins, which is now currently the dominant cryptocurrency used all over the world and the network.
They should also know and understand that bitcoin is getting ready for real world adoption.

Well i'm a bitcoin user; the main problem that i face is finding a place to actually use that money. I have no credit card so i cant actually convert the bitcoins to usd and transfer to a bank account. Its just there for doing online payments that accept bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
People are using the bitcoin for profit but some people do not want to step in because they are simply thinking its a wasted time.
The most of them are not sure about the bitcoin and are scared to lose money because of it.
ya need to be improved is the way people think about bitcoin. Most people may be a little frightened by the word bitcoin. people think is bitcoin is not recommended to use by the government.
Activity: 658
This is a technology-driven currency so people with limited knowledge or have no access to such technology will have a hard time accepting it, even as an alternative. For those people whose access to internet is still very limited, banks seem to be the best option for them.

Nice point, those people who do not have computer and internet, or who do not have any knowledge about internet and computer and they come to know about bitcoin from some people and find it beneficial, they will hate the way of bitcoin, and will wish that bitcoin come to them like other normal currency in coin or currency note form.
Activity: 714
Yeah believe it or not that person is only intended to benefit only in bitcoin will not be too concerned about the future of bitcoin
so they not believe in bitcoin so that when the price falls they would panic and fear and then immediately sell it and maybe they will stop
It's pretty normal for ordinary individuals to doubt bitcoin, because it is still in its early stages of development. With that, the stability is a big question and we all know that most people are risk-averse, especially when it comes to their finances. Right now, most of us here are mere speculators, because there's no certainty as to what the price of bitcoin would be in the coming years, let alone months.
Activity: 518
Yeah believe it or not that person is only intended to benefit only in bitcoin will not be too concerned about the future of bitcoin
so they not believe in bitcoin so that when the price falls they would panic and fear and then immediately sell it and maybe they will stop
Activity: 504
yeah a lot of people come just to get a big advantage. and they do not want menggunakam way faucet or a small income. because it will be wasting their time. so when they do not have a job then they will come out
Activity: 462
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
There are a lot of people that don't know about bitcoin and don't understand it.  It is also difficult to obtain for most people.  Also there aren't many businesses that accept it yet.  It's going to take some time.

But many people trying to learn something if they don't know about it and i know manyny peoples who doing the same. I think the main reason is they scared of scammers and other illegal stuff.

do not know about bitcoin and do not understand, it's not a big deal. because we came from does not know anything about bitcoin, but if we want to learn You can do it. Another thing is so many scammers investment in bitcoin and bitcoin is still limited for use as payments.

Scammers are everywhere whether you are using fiat or bitcoin. It is up to you to avoid them. About bitcoin being still limited use as payment scheme, well only time can make it better. If more merchandizers accept bitcoin as payment, then it will spread wide easily. If this happens, surely more people will appreciate and use bitcoin.
Activity: 476
I think that people are not using it because the bitcoin has not such a good reputation.
Another reason could be because its maybe risky for some people they are thinking its just a risky investment..
Activity: 364
I also do not know why people are stopping with Bitcoin. Maybe did expected something else from Bitcoin or thought that making money with it would be allot faster then they expected.

It may be that some optimistic people found bitcoin to late and they saw it's hard to make money and left it. Which is good, such people can't contribute anything to bitcoin as it is now.
But my belief is that most people are not aware of the possibilities.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
Recently I interviewed people about Bitcoin, and the ability to have the same impression:
Most people trust banks. This is especially felt in the developed countries where the banking infrastructure is well developed. Consumers love and appreciate the stability and reliability, for this they are even ready to pay more for financial products. They do not want to understand how the product works, they need affordable and simple solutions. People who have heard of Bitcoins, consider it illegal tool, and the rest believe that cryptocurrency can only be used for the purchase of drugs and weapons.

Well I'm not surprised that they think banks are secure. And I also understand those who think bitcoins are used for illegal purposes, which infact, back in the past is kinda true.

However, we need to remove that stigmata and reintroduce them to bitcoins, which is now currently the dominant cryptocurrency used all over the world and the network.
They should also know and understand that bitcoin is getting ready for real world adoption.
Activity: 434
I also do not know why people are stopping with Bitcoin. Maybe did expected something else from Bitcoin or thought that making money with it would be allot faster then they expected.
Activity: 602
There are number of reason which is stopping people from using Bitcoins. The main reason is ignorance of knowledge and existence of bitcoins.
We should teach about bitcoin in business colleges  that would be really interesting. In the developing countries, no one would even consider going online because internet is expensive and it is a privileged to have one. So bitcoin wouldn't really be known by many people But the way the dollar grew, im confident the bitcoin will grow as well. It only began in 2004 after all; its only been 12 years.
Pages:
Jump to: