Pages:
Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 59. (Read 202139 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
This is a technology-driven currency so people with limited knowledge or have no access to such technology will have a hard time accepting it, even as an alternative. For those people whose access to internet is still very limited, banks seem to be the best option for them.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
For me, it is the fear that the value of bitcoin gets down to its lowest and eventually loose their money...they just don't know what bitcoin promises in the future Undecided
That's not a reason not to use it, it's a reason not to hold it for a long time. If you expect inflation it's better to spend it fast.
Long term (assuming bitcoin is here to stay) bitcoin is designed for deflation, unlike fiat money. So while your dollars lose value, your bitcoins gain value over time.

Recently I interviewed people about Bitcoin, and the ability to have the same impression:
Most people trust banks.
Really? Have they missed the 2008+ financial crisis? A lot of banks wouldn't even exist anymore if tax payer's money didn't safe them! Meanwhile they continue having huge bonusses for risking entire countries.
Banks are a necessary evil, that take up a large share of the real economy simply by ruling the money. I trust my money won't be gone tomorrow, but that doesn't mean I trust the banks itself. I would prefer to see the financial sector lose 90% of its size.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Recently I interviewed people about Bitcoin, and the ability to have the same impression:
Most people trust banks. This is especially felt in the developed countries where the banking infrastructure is well developed. Consumers love and appreciate the stability and reliability, for this they are even ready to pay more for financial products. They do not want to understand how the product works, they need affordable and simple solutions. People who have heard of Bitcoins, consider it illegal tool, and the rest believe that cryptocurrency can only be used for the purchase of drugs and weapons.

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034
The only correct answer is that the thing stopping people from using Bitcoin is the reputation of the community as a batshit-crazy cult following. The Bitcoin community is regarded as one of the least respected communities on the internet. A lot of this has to do with the extremist roots that early adopters come from, and a lot of it has to do with all the people who came here expecting to realize their wildest riches. We are slowly overcoming this now obsolete label, but it will take an extended period of time until Bitcoin has a favorable or even neutral opinion from a wider audience.
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
Strength in Numbers
People are going to stop using Bitcoin when they are realizing that it can takes a long time until the value will be more worth and that is bad because they need patience for it.
So you also can better wait a longer time to hold and sell it later after the price increase.

Any investment will take certain time to  give you returns so you need to have patience and you cannot expect profits overnight so I don't think this is valid reason.

Yes me too, this is not a valid reason why people are stopping for using bitcoin.
And we all , know even in fiat money investments are just the same with bitcoin that needs patience and no fast return of investments.

If you are expecting returns in short time then you are playing with your investments and also with profits, but I think people are scared to invest their money in bitcoin.

There is no fast investment returns because only ponzis are guaranteeing that. People tend to think that when they are already in bitcoin they can earn bitcoin easily but most of them are wrong and the encouragement maybe they are lack of it. And that is also one of the reason
why people stop from using btc.
Activity: 658
People are going to stop using Bitcoin when they are realizing that it can takes a long time until the value will be more worth and that is bad because they need patience for it.
So you also can better wait a longer time to hold and sell it later after the price increase.
yeah it might just happen. to invest in bitcoin requires patience that is high enough to drive up prices and profit. but not everyone has the patience more. so maybe someone out there who can not wait for prices to rise and he stopped
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I like to purchase BTC on occasion to help the currency but for the bigger purchases that occur often I turn back towards the other methods simply because the ease of access to the going rate requires me to sign up and hand over countless documents just to buy bitcoins at a rate that the majority of stores ask for. That I feel is what stops me contributing to the currency and maybe that is something that I just have to accept in the near future.
Activity: 924
Honestly only ponzi schemes and scammed sites is the problem thats why people are stopping using bitcoin because they know that bitcoin has many scammers or any ponzi schemes its a bad image for bitcoin.. so instead they are using bitcoin now they are stopping ising it because of those problems.. and until now we can not stop those ponzi or any investment site to destroy the image of bitcoin..
Activity: 588
In addition, Bitcoin is not commonly used for purchases simply because people don't earn bitcoin at their jobs.  They earn USD/EUR/CNY, etc.  And that's what they spend when they buy things.  Going through an extra step (via BTC or gold, etc.) is just massively inconvenient and subjects the buyer and seller to exchange rate volatility.  Add in the fact that fiat currency denominated credit and debit cards are extremely user friendly and that fraudulent charges are reversible then you have a killer app for fiat currency that's hard to beat.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
For me, it is the fear that the value of bitcoin gets down to its lowest and eventually loose their money...they just don't know what bitcoin promises in the future Undecided

They can earn theirs bitcoins for free, faucets, signature campaigns and other different ways to get bitcoins. It's really bad reason not to use bitcoins  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

We all dont think alike and that is what we have to see to understand them. Go back to being a newbie again and see their prespective, that way you woild know why they have some doubts about it. Surely we all started with a doubt here. And some what ifs.
nothing is certain in bitcoin, even price. I think so many people are disappointed with the price of bitcoin, maybe they are the people who invested their money when the price of bitcoin is still high in the past
Activity: 882
1. we aren't getting paid in bitcoin
2. nowhere to spend outside or even on the internet.

People dont have knowledge from bitcoins
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

We all dont think alike and that is what we have to see to understand them. Go back to being a newbie again and see their prespective, that way you woild know why they have some doubts about it. Surely we all started with a doubt here. And some what ifs.
Activity: 910
Merit: 502

Why not use it? Transaction time. Bank transactions typically take 3-5 business days. In some cases it's faster to mail cash to another country than it is to transfer funds electronically. Bitcoin transactions are visible on the network immediately, and confirmed in about ten minutes.
Activity: 504
InvestnTrade. Latest from the crypto space.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Any investment will take certain time to  give you returns so you need to have patience and you cannot expect profits overnight so I don't think this is valid reason.

Yes me too, this is not a valid reason why people are stopping for using bitcoin.
And we all , know even in fiat money investments are just the same with bitcoin that needs patience and no fast return of investments.

If you are expecting returns in short time then you are playing with your investments and also with profits, but I think people are scared to invest their money in bitcoin.
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
Strength in Numbers

Activity: 476

I do not think this is the reason, I think the reason is because they are scared to invest in the bitcoin because you can also lose a lot of money by investing.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1102

Activity: 350
Pages:
Jump to: