Pages:
Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 70. (Read 202139 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
i think nothing is stoping people from using bit coin. it is the matter of trust. those people who have study bitcoins are suing it as currency. and most of the people are holding it for its price increas so those people who have no idea about bitcoin only these people are reluctant.
Activity: 126
Or they might be afraid because it is illegal in some countries? Just saying  Grin

Marijuana is illegal in some countries and still people use it. If we could educate others about the benefits of using bitcoin, it will influence others to use it and remove the doubts in their mind. People are afraid of what they don't understand.

I don't know if bitcoin is legal or illegal in my country, I still use it.

And marijuana? Who hates it? Just hoping to try it atleast once  Grin
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
Or they might be afraid because it is illegal in some countries? Just saying  Grin

Marijuana is illegal in some countries and still people use it. If we could educate others about the benefits of using bitcoin, it will influence others to use it and remove the doubts in their mind. People are afraid of what they don't understand.
Activity: 574
Merit: 255
no one will be able to stop someone to use bitcoin. because bitcoin is the premier requirement for most people. when people recognize bitcoin as though he could not let go of bitcoin.
you're right, the only people who do not understand the meaning of bitcoin that will make them stop, and too little trust towards bitcoin, it makes them say that is not true about bitcoin and stop using them

But my goverment said that bitcoin is forbid so my people use bitcoin with their own risk. Since my goverment policy has been actived, nobody dare to use bitcoin. They said that bitcoin can be use for something bad !
Well, we are lucky that bitcoin is being supported by the other banks here in our place. Well, I think the only way that could make us stop to use bitcoin is by being unlegalize the usage.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
no one will be able to stop someone to use bitcoin. because bitcoin is the premier requirement for most people. when people recognize bitcoin as though he could not let go of bitcoin.
you're right, the only people who do not understand the meaning of bitcoin that will make them stop, and too little trust towards bitcoin, it makes them say that is not true about bitcoin and stop using them

But my goverment said that bitcoin is forbid so my people use bitcoin with their own risk. Since my goverment policy has been actived, nobody dare to use bitcoin. They said that bitcoin can be use for something bad !
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
The fact that people need to buy it first is the biggest barrier, also the fact that the address system is a mess and not very aesthetically pleasing (the long string addresses). But I just learned about BIP75 and this will solve the problem. With BIP75 you can receive payments in a format that resembles an email address and it generates new addresses to avoid reuses.

Never heard about BIP75, but Xapo wallet does the same thing, you can receive the funds in their if you give your email address verified on their website to the sender and tell him to send the coins to the email and they will be send directly to your Xapo wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026
For many people bitcoin is a bit of mystery and causing fear of hawks, and losing money, but truth is that BTC is more secure than money in banks..
But how to convince people in this? Same as always, good advertisement would do a nice job.
 Best advertisements are people sharing real life experiences.

only those people who have experienced bad things with bitcoin, so they stop using bitcoin. or those who can not do much to get bitcoin and ultimately frustrating then left bitcoin.
If people had bad experiences then they won't stay off from bitcoin instead they don't repeat the same mistake again that's experience. Also there can be no people who don't know to earn from bitcoin in this forum, there are so many methods, if he don't know anything just join signature campaign and start posting there you can at least earn some from bitcoin later on you can move to other methods and earn even more.
I mean is when the person has a bad experience, like losing all bitcoin when investing and getting scammer. it is not likely that people will hate and stop using bitcoin.
was said by you is true, he should be able to find another way, because a lot of ways to get bitcoin.
Activity: 224
I think nothing is stopping them, its laying about the fact the bitcoin is still no super popular and its also that people are scared.
The most people are thinking that the bitcoin is only used by criminals...
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
The fact that people need to buy it first is the biggest barrier, also the fact that the address system is a mess and not very aesthetically pleasing (the long string addresses). But I just learned about BIP75 and this will solve the problem. With BIP75 you can receive payments in a format that resembles an email address and it generates new addresses to avoid reuses.
Activity: 364
People are going to stop with using Bitcoin when they are losing to much money with it and that is quite logic because you dont want to lose any money.
But people that is stopping now dont have the patience for it to wait for a better value and that is quite bad.
Activity: 223
It's technologically complicated to setup for many, it has a bad reputation, it's price changes too often, it attracts too many anonymous thieves, etc....The list goes on and on.  The question should be: What can we do as a community to change bitcoin's shortcomings and how can each of us personally contribute to the community to foster a larger working network?  We should be building networks of bitcoin users around ourselves; if we all do that, then it will grow, exponentially!  But....is bitcoin robust enough to handle that yet?

+1.

Spent a lot of time working on that and building local networks...slowly but surely it's taking shape :-)
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
For many people bitcoin is a bit of mystery and causing fear of hawks, and losing money, but truth is that BTC is more secure than money in banks..
But how to convince people in this? Same as always, good advertisement would do a nice job.

only those people who have experienced bad things with bitcoin, so they stop using bitcoin. or those who can not do much to get bitcoin and ultimately frustrating then left bitcoin.
If people had bad experiences then they won't stay off from bitcoin instead they don't repeat the same mistake again that's experience. Also there can be no people who don't know to earn from bitcoin in this forum, there are so many methods, if he don't know anything just join signature campaign and start posting there you can at least earn some from bitcoin later on you can move to other methods and earn even more.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
It's technologically complicated to setup for many, it has a bad reputation, it's price changes too often, it attracts too many anonymous thieves, etc....The list goes on and on.  The question should be: What can we do as a community to change bitcoin's shortcomings and how can each of us personally contribute to the community to foster a larger working network?  We should be building networks of bitcoin users around ourselves; if we all do that, then it will grow, exponentially!  But....is bitcoin robust enough to handle that yet?
legendary
Activity: 1960

legendary
Activity: 2380
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange

There are few users who fear of using bitcoin just of its decentralized nature. Users can believe bitcoin and help more adoption through spreading. Only very few countries had banned bitcoin usage in their country. Recently one of the bitcoin exchange has got legal rights. So this might be a start of countries supporting bitcoin.
Activity: 126
Activity: 672
I think they stopped because they have a bad experience about bitcoin, They might be scammed or Lose all bitcoins in gamblings

Yeah that could be a reason for people to stop using bitcoin because they have spent or lost all their bitcoins in scam sites or gambling and after that they were disappointed and left using it further.
And also they may have heard bad things about bitcoin like the electronic media always says that bitcoin is criminals currency and it is used mostly in criminal cases by criminals, so maybe that thing have took them away from bitcoin because they think it is not safe to use bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: