Pages:
Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 74. (Read 202139 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Lick me like a lolipop
It is in human nature to be scared from something that is new and on the first hand complicated. This must be clarified, good videos are needed. Especially those for dummies. Most people are mediocre users without much knowledge about cryptography..

Yeah someone creates a videos for teaching bitcoin to dummies. But who will promote it. Do we have a good community here that will do something for it to be popular to those people that dont have enough knowledge.
Yes we have a very god community and we will all share the video actually. But the problem is that the video should be easy and not too long, else again people will get bored with this. Already many videos in youtube but not much promotion though.

I think watching short  videos can be more effective, starting from basics and ending up showing everything related to bitcoin ins short span of time, but the video should be simple and not too technical.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
It is in human nature to be scared from something that is new and on the first hand complicated. This must be clarified, good videos are needed. Especially those for dummies. Most people are mediocre users without much knowledge about cryptography..

Yeah someone creates a videos for teaching bitcoin to dummies. But who will promote it. Do we have a good community here that will do something for it to be popular to those people that dont have enough knowledge.
Yes we have a very god community and we will all share the video actually. But the problem is that the video should be easy and not too long, else again people will get bored with this. Already many videos in youtube but not much promotion though.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
What's stopping people from using bitcoin, you ask? The majority of people don't know what is bitcoin and they might as well never heard of it. People tend to fear the unknown, because the aren't informed about bitcoin, they fear that it's a scam or smth. Without proper knowledge about bitcoin, you'll never understand its advantages over fiat money. And because the majority of people are too lazy to study bitcoin, then they just ignore it.
Some people think is scam? I would say they must be wrong. Bitcoin is not a scam, I also thought the same when I first heard about it from my friend. The way he explained it made me think it’s scam, but it’s not. If it’s a scam, many users would have discovered that since. But people's imagination is real stopper I too believe.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Once people can find jobs that get paid with Bitcoin all over the place they will start getting it and spending it because that's how it works. Give people better job offers than what they can find for fiat and they will do it, because the jobs are getting harder and harder to get due rising unemployment, im sure a lot of people will be happy to work for Bitcoin.

I also hope that Steam can bring a lot of people (Steam is adopting Bitcoin soon, finally)
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Transaction times and ease of use. Bitcoin needs a centralized 'paypal' like company to aggregate the bitcoins and make internal person to person transfers instant. But preferably not Paypal since they suck.
Activity: 778
Merit: 500
just thought i ask if we have any name for it what do we call the fear of using bitcoins?? crypto-phobia
hope everyone can overcome their  crypto-phobia
Lol I think no one is afraid of bitcoin. bitcoin phobia? I have never heard?
even we have to admit that a lot of people do not know about bitcoin. so there is no phobia about bitcoin

There are some people we dislike it, but afraid? No way. If you mean the banks and governements well yes they are afraid. Afraid people will step up and will have total control over their own money.
Activity: 770
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
just thought i ask if we have any name for it what do we call the fear of using bitcoins?? crypto-phobia
i doubt that there is such a phobia to be honest, though people sometimes are afraid to use their bitcoins or other cryptos as they are afraid that their coins might be stolen pretty easily

i think the main thing that stops people from using bitcoins is their country governments as the countries that not allow the usage of bitcoins usually have less bitcoin users than the others
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
hope everyone can overcome their  crypto-phobia
Lol I think no one is afraid of bitcoin. bitcoin phobia? I have never heard?
even we have to admit that a lot of people do not know about bitcoin. so there is no phobia about bitcoin
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
<>
Maybe you are right, but the most basic things that all people stop Bitcoin is because they assume that Bitcoin has no advantage <>

Not "no advantage(s)," just "not enough advantages to outweigh all the disadvantages."
Just like living in a cardboard box next to my office has many advantages: would save me time & gas getting to work, no electricity bills, no property tax, etc., etc., but these advantages pale in light of the disadvantages associated with the cardboard box lifestyle.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
I think crypto-phobia is more of a combination of other ideas or concepts that negatively impact their view of Bitcoin.

I doubt anyone just has an inherent fear of Bitcoin, or cryptos in general.
Activity: 406
Activity: 756
Probably the thing that keeping people away from using bitcoin is the territorial regulations and the harsh punishments  if found using the digital currency
others just want to the old school notes and coins

I think every country has different problem about using bitcoin, poor technology, bans, and lets face the reality that many people still don't know about bitcoin..

Most technical aspects makes it hard for people to get bitcoins and even more worse is it sounds very technical for them so they ignore it.
So it must be fixed with a clear wallet which a 8 year old can use.

Maybe you are right, but the most basic things that all people stop Bitcoin is because they assume that Bitcoin has no advantage, so they left the Bitcoin and looking for other currencies. Actually how their thinking is very wrong, because Bitcoin has many advantages if they could further study the Bitcoin
Activity: 420
Probably the thing that keeping people away from using bitcoin is the territorial regulations and the harsh punishments  if found using the digital currency

I think every country has different problem about using bitcoin, poor technology, bans, and lets face the reality that many people still don't know about bitcoin..

Most technical aspects makes it hard for people to get bitcoins and even more worse is it sounds very technical for them so they ignore it.
So it must be fixed with a clear wallet which a 8 year old can use.
Activity: 798

That is true, how can we expect people to hold or use bitcoin if they have not even heard about it, if they know what bitcoin is I am sure they will start using it.
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

There are hardly any punishments globally so no this can't be the problem.
My bet is that most people are still afraid it is money for criminals, hence they ignore it.
Activity: 406
Probably the thing that keeping people away from using bitcoin is the territorial regulations and the harsh punishments  if found using the digital currency
others just want to use the old school notes and coins
Activity: 840
Maybe the price fall? Because I've seen alot of people(including me) who bought BTC with curiosity, but they were so scared when the price was dropping.

No one's bothered when the price rises, but if it falls, that's when people piss in their pants. Maybe that could be one of the reason?

that probably could be a reason of people's who stopped bitcoin. but let me say if people stopped bitcoin because of it's price ups and downs. it mean they don't aware of bitcoin completely. they don't know how the bitcoin's price works. and how to get profit.  If I were there place I would buy more and more. 

I've been in that place where I kept on buying and buying and holding.
I have a very bad luck that when I hold BTC, it falls and it rises when I don't have any or when I sell all.

you don't suppose to sell your bitcoin to lower price. if you bought bitcoins and then price falls down. then you should keep patient and wait for price increase. like now bitcoin price is good.
now buy again. this is the right time to buy and store bitcoin. if you bow now in next 2 or 3 months when halving come and done. you'll get lots of people.

Yeah the adaption level of the people will depend on the price at the halving, if price goes higher then it will change the mindset of the people for sure and will start using bitcoin.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Maybe the price fall? Because I've seen alot of people(including me) who bought BTC with curiosity, but they were so scared when the price was dropping.

No one's bothered when the price rises, but if it falls, that's when people piss in their pants. Maybe that could be one of the reason?

that probably could be a reason of people's who stopped bitcoin. but let me say if people stopped bitcoin because of it's price ups and downs. it mean they don't aware of bitcoin completely. they don't know how the bitcoin's price works. and how to get profit.  If I were there place I would buy more and more.  

I've been in that place where I kept on buying and buying and holding.
I have a very bad luck that when I hold BTC, it falls and it rises when I don't have any or when I sell all.

you don't suppose to sell your bitcoin to lower price. if you bought bitcoins and then price falls down. then you should keep patient and wait for price increase. like now bitcoin price is good.
now buy again. this is the right time to buy and store bitcoin. if you bow now in next 2 or 3 months when halving come and done. you'll get lots of people.

I'm so impatient, if I have bought it at higher price and the price is getting low, I get panic(Which I need to control).
No, I can't buy at this price. I might wait for it until it goes to $400 atleast(because I've been seeing that the price get stable at or around $460 most of the times, so if I buy at $400, my profit will be $60)  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
others can not stop to use bitcoin. bitcoin is a financial payment media are very easy to use, the medium most quickly and economically. everyone would prefer these types of payments. bitcoin could not be eliminated.
Pages:
Jump to: