Author

Topic: What's your biggest problem with Bitcoin - page 105. (Read 135083 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
PUGG.io
August 11, 2015, 12:26:08 PM
Confirmation time.

It takes couple of hours for me.

if you are using the standard fee that your wallet suggest so that you have high priority, then you usualy shouldn't be waiting hours for confirmation.
it will confirm in 10 min max unless there is a spam attack.
For me, it gets confirmed right into the next block mined in the network.
I use 10001 satoshi fee per kb, because according to me the network will think that it is of higher priority than any other transaction and my transaction get confirmed after some time.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
August 11, 2015, 11:10:21 AM
Confirmation time.

if you are using the standard fee that your wallet suggest so that you have high priority, then you usualy shouldn't be waiting hours for confirmation.
it will confirm in 10 min max unless there is a spam attack.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
August 11, 2015, 10:35:45 AM
Confirmation time.

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice
August 11, 2015, 10:26:46 AM
i agree whit confirmation time, sometimes it take 2 minutes, other times up to 6hour. Put a bigger fee can partially resolve the problem
also whit a priority fee the cost is less than w.union, paypal & company
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
August 11, 2015, 10:16:08 AM
confirmation time is the biggest issue I am facing at a moment. It is taking too much time for the transactions to get confirmed. But that is a part and parcel you don't have any other choice except keep on waiting till it gets confirmed.
Activity: 364
August 11, 2015, 10:10:24 AM
There are many scam investments outside there, also there are many spam attacks. For me, only those two are my problems with bitcoin.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 10, 2015, 08:53:34 PM
For me, the biggest problem is how to make more .... Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
August 10, 2015, 11:48:40 AM
The low number of merchant accepting bitcoins in my country. So i can't spend my coins easily, buying things overseas is not an option because the shipping cost sometimes cost more than the item cost itself which isn't nice at all.

Yeah, same here, bitcoin more than a currency is an investment, just because is not to easy to spend it!

you are saying it backwards. it is an investment and not a currency. (at least right now it this way)
Activity: 294
★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice
August 10, 2015, 11:39:06 AM
The low number of merchant accepting bitcoins in my country. So i can't spend my coins easily, buying things overseas is not an option because the shipping cost sometimes cost more than the item cost itself which isn't nice at all.

Yeah, same here, bitcoin more than a currency is an investment, just because is not to easy to spend it!
Activity: 182
August 06, 2015, 09:45:54 AM
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
August 06, 2015, 09:41:13 AM
after a few weeks playing with bitcoin, for me, the biggest problem are the FEES.

People keep spreading the wrong message that bitcoin fees are cheaper than fiat-c, and sometimes people says that bitcoin don't have fees.... BUT in fact, i never paid fees in fiat-c transactions, they are free in europe, and in bitcoin i am paying fees in every transaction... I am playing with some wallets, moving some bits from one to another and i pay fees that are bigger than the amount i am transferring! this is a huge NO for new users.

People here in europe are accustomed to free transactions and when they see the fees in bitcoin, they turn down bitcoin world. it is very sad Sad I am a bit disappointed too, if i am honest Sad

Fees might be low to zero to send in your own country but not worldwide. Besides, for most bitcoin transactions you can send for free as long as it's not dust. I have sent many transactions without paying any fees though I normally add a little something to help the network/miners.

Yes, but even if send it worldwide, the fees are comparatively very low as compared to others, like WU charges heaving when you transfer funds across the country, so bitcoins as a very low cost even if you transfer to other countries.
Activity: 165
August 06, 2015, 09:30:17 AM
after a few weeks playing with bitcoin, for me, the biggest problem are the FEES.

People keep spreading the wrong message that bitcoin fees are cheaper than fiat-c, and sometimes people says that bitcoin don't have fees.... BUT in fact, i never paid fees in fiat-c transactions, they are free in europe, and in bitcoin i am paying fees in every transaction... I am playing with some wallets, moving some bits from one to another and i pay fees that are bigger than the amount i am transferring! this is a huge NO for new users.

People here in europe are accustomed to free transactions and when they see the fees in bitcoin, they turn down bitcoin world. it is very sad Sad I am a bit disappointed too, if i am honest Sad

Fees might be low to zero to send in your own country but not worldwide. Besides, for most bitcoin transactions you can send for free as long as it's not dust. I have sent many transactions without paying any fees though I normally add a little something to help the network/miners.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
August 06, 2015, 09:26:39 AM

You don't have to pay any fee if you send coins from A to B. It will/might take quite a bit longer to confirm compared to when you do add a custom fee. Miners have the power to accept which transactions they will include in their block, which mostly are the transactions with fee. Order your transactions, if a certain transaction of you has quite a bit priority, then add a fee. If it's not important, then do a very low fee, or no fee at all. If you're lucky it may confirm within a few blocks, but it can also take plenty of hours if not more than a day.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
August 06, 2015, 09:22:06 AM

Play with the fees. Minimize the transaction fees. Only do some bulk transaction to save more transaction fees next time. Just do a transaction when needed.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
error
August 06, 2015, 09:14:20 AM

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
August 04, 2015, 12:04:25 PM
i still newbie.. so i must to learn and study hurd about bitcoin.
cause very much i dont understand how to send bitcoin to wallet. if i have wallet and i get bitcoin when i was make it.
how to send it... may be from of you can to teach me about this. thanks....

What wallet are you using ? Many people here will help you. It is easy.                                                     
Activity: 5
August 04, 2015, 11:45:53 AM
i still newbie.. so i must to learn and study hurd about bitcoin.
cause very much i dont understand how to send bitcoin to wallet. if i have wallet and i get bitcoin when i was make it.
how to send it... may be from of you can to teach me about this. thanks....
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
August 04, 2015, 10:14:04 AM
Yes , I found some traders but they have low volume . In morocco there are some restrictive measures for transfers outside morocco .  
Activity: 21
August 04, 2015, 05:39:23 AM
Trading for fiat in my country . And confirmation time. Blockchain syncing in new devices.

Have you looked on local bitcoins? Or maybe even the marketplace here. I'm sure someone will be able to trade with you in some way whether it be bank transfer or some other prepaid card or something.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
August 03, 2015, 03:23:09 PM
For me, the main problem is lack of opportunities to fund your wallet.

Creating a wallet and using it is somehow hard to the average user, but it is still harder to get some significative bits in their account. Almost the only "easy" option is buying, and buying makes people suspicious.

To integrate some easy ways to get some bits INSIDE the wallet (web or client) via faucets, apps download, or some other way, would be a great incentive for new users.

Jump to: