Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your biggest problem with Bitcoin - page 122. (Read 135083 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
To me Bitcoin is already good in its current form, there is practically nothing I would want to add beside faster confirmation times.

For online payments it doesn't matter that much, but if you buy something expensive "offline" from a retail store, they would at least want to have 1 confirmation. Which can take up to an hour. In this case faster confirmation times would be a great welcome addition.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Safety of BTC wallet is the most important  Grin Especially online BTC wallets - as we all know. And also well developed hardware wallet safety and fast transaction times  Smiley
Activity: 310
Merit: 256
Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged
I am a little worried about the future of bitcoin since a few want to ramp up max block size with some pretty 'crazy' untested code while other members of the team agree an increase is ok and have much safer ways to make it happen.

Hopefully soon everyone will come together + resolve it.

I think it would be pretty crazy if bitcoin divided into two chains but one of the largest pools made a public statement they considered some proposed changes an 'alt coin' not bitcoin.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust

Wink
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
The current availability of where I can spend with BTC is my biggest issue. I know time will tell but that is my biggest issue right now.
On another note, long confirmation times is another issue that could be dealt with.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
That Darn Cat
For me, probably the transaction confirmation times.  That is one the biggest wow or attractive factors with bitcoin for myself personally.  It is getting too long.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Software development team here.
We would like to hear from the community what are the most annoying\frustrating stuff you have with Bitcoin and would love to get a solution for ?
Feel free to talk about any problem, even if it seems unsolvable or too abstract (e.g. Bitcoin is not safe enough for the average user)
Edit:
After reading all the replies, I feel confident summarizing that the #1 problem of Bitcoin is probably lack of adoption.
And the main reasons of lack of adoption are probably ease of use and insufficient security.
We are a team of entrepreneurs and software developers that are going to spend the next following months-year on developing a new product.
One of the most appealing markets for us is the Bitcoin market.
We will try to learn us much as possible from your replies and try to tackle the problems head on.
Pages:
Jump to: