Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your biggest problem with Bitcoin - page 66. (Read 135083 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
February 20, 2016, 09:21:37 PM
Long Confirmation time
Least Popular
Cannot use to buy physical things
Price volatility

Everything goes upper and upper!
Yeah just waiting dude. it will all be fixed over time
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
February 20, 2016, 06:50:16 PM
I have actually never had a problem with Bitcoin but now I am slowly beginning to have some really tiny issues with it. One is that sometimes the sending speed is too slow, but I would imagine that'd be for any money sending device. Hm...

I don't know. I guess I just expect more from Bitcoin just because it's more computer based.

Everything else is faster than bitcoin. paying with credit cards is near instant, same with paypal. Sending litcoins instead of bitcoin is 4 times faster, for example. 
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
February 20, 2016, 06:36:36 PM
the biggest problem for me is that bitcoin sometimes faces problems such as now a block size debate, also i honestly think that in the future bitcoin will have no problems at all
Activity: 462
February 20, 2016, 06:26:03 PM
Long Confirmation time
Least Popular
Price volatility

Everything goes upper and upper!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
February 20, 2016, 06:20:48 PM
I have actually never had a problem with Bitcoin but now I am slowly beginning to have some really tiny issues with it. One is that sometimes the sending speed is too slow, but I would imagine that'd be for any money sending device. Hm...

I don't know. I guess I just expect more from Bitcoin just because it's more computer based.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
February 20, 2016, 06:16:31 PM
Long Confirmation time
Least Popular
Price volatility

What you have quoted seems to be the future future outcomes. Now only its user number increasing so soon it will be popular. Mostly online stores were there so physical purchase is only possible in future. Price volatility is bitcoins nature which attracts more users.
Activity: 182
February 20, 2016, 05:50:58 PM
Long Confirmation time
Least Popular
Price volatility
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
February 20, 2016, 04:56:58 PM
Of course!
https://lightning.network/lightning-network-paper.pdf

Lightning network is a proposal in order to make btc scaling like Visa ^^
Not perfect but the proposal is interesting!

thank you very much Smiley had a quick skim read, sounds complicated and a security risk to the coins from what i did read, will have to look deeper but i cant say im liking that idea personally Sad it may be an option but it wouldnt be my choice from what i read so far :/

Of course it's not perfect ^^

But security problems will be dealt with I hope. At least it's a good way to scale! And as the intro says, scaling the current number of Visa tx would need 800 GB blocks xD

holy sheet 800gb blocks lmfao i didnt see that bit, but half way down it mentions sharing private keys which we all know is a terrible idea :/
February 20, 2016, 04:51:01 PM
Of course!

thank you very much Smiley had a quick skim read, sounds complicated and a security risk to the coins from what i did read, will have to look deeper but i cant say im liking that idea personally Sad it may be an option but it wouldnt be my choice from what i read so far :/

Of course it's not perfect ^^

But security problems will be dealt with I hope. At least it's a good way to scale! And as the intro says, scaling the current number of Visa tx would need 800 GB blocks xD
Activity: 164
February 20, 2016, 04:47:30 PM
My biggest problem about bitcoins is how to sell instantly or withdraw instantly here in my country We have withdrawal instantly using bitcoin but sometimes their site is not working the support always say they have a technical issue.. So i think this is my biggest problem because if had some emergency i need some money i want to withdraw it fast in our site and withdraw it via atm..

Why don't you go with localbitcoins as it is fast and credits are instant, I am using it since last 1 year and I haven't seen any issue with that, as I can transfer my bitcoins to my bank account 24/7.
February 20, 2016, 04:42:15 PM

Ok I understand.
Well the fact is that this kind of problem would be totally erased by an incentived network Smiley

please excuse my ignorance but please could you elaborate on "incentived network" as im assuming your meaning something like the block rewards that bitcoin already has, which is creating the problem block by block :/ 

Ahah! Ignorance totally excused as I think you know more than I do ^^

No, I was talking about incentived nodes! It seems that Lightning Network includes fees for nodes in order to pay those who takes the time and ressources to maintain a node.

ahhh that is actually something new to me, will have to have a read up, by any chance do you have a good source your willing to share please ? were all learning different things at different times, it always pays to share the knowledge Smiley

Of course!

February 20, 2016, 04:24:21 PM

Ok I understand.
Well the fact is that this kind of problem would be totally erased by an incentived network Smiley

please excuse my ignorance but please could you elaborate on "incentived network" as im assuming your meaning something like the block rewards that bitcoin already has, which is creating the problem block by block :/ 

No, I was talking about incentived nodes! It seems that Lightning Network includes fees for nodes in order to pay those who takes the time and ressources to maintain a node.

ahhh that is actually something new to me, will have to have a read up, by any chance do you have a good source your willing to share please ? were all learning different things at different times, it always pays to share the knowledge Smiley

Of course!

February 20, 2016, 03:44:06 PM

Ok I understand.

February 20, 2016, 03:40:55 PM

Ok I understand.

February 20, 2016, 03:34:18 PM
Right now the biggest problem I have with Bitcoin is all the wannabe developer teams trying to hard fork it, but other than that im pretty happy with the progress being made and I have high hopes that in a couple of years we will be laughing at all this drama and we will have a strong Bitcoin Core with the underlying LN layer competing with VISA and the other big volume mammoths.

LOL bitcoin is used by maybe 0.5% of the globe, as opposed to visa who are used by around 60% of the globe, please give iup the delusion, bitcoin has breen built to fail, enjoy our hobby while you still can, by 2021 it will no longer exist maybe even sooner with more adoption :/

Why would it fail? The number of users only goes up? It's normal for such system to take time to adop, the important thing is that it's more and more used that's all! =)

hmm the fact bitcoin nodes no longer work from hdd's, and need expensive SSD's which have limited capacity then there is the size of the blockchain which grew 10 -15gb in the last 12 month alone, more adoption = more transactions which will equate to an exponentially bigger blockchain growth, it was built to fail, enjoy while you can, but pushing for more adoption will kill it quicker Sad at the rate its going only centralised guberment data centers will be able to sustain the tech by 2021, and we will all be running multibit or brainwallets Sad

The size of the blochain is an interesting problem... Maybe it can be cut in half or something like that no?

I don't know about the SSD's you're talking about though!

solid state drives, they are a hell of a lot faster than standard hdds, but the price is not nice in england its about £35 for 120 gb which will run windows and a bitcoin node for a few months, but then will be full, 240gb ssd's are currently around £55 and may run a node for 12 - 24 months depending on blockchain bloat, i wish the chain could be pruned, but the reality is if the chain was pruned a lot of people will lose their coin Sad

Ok it means nodes need to have enough size to take the whole blockchain.

Well seems 120 can be enough for a few years no? And 240 for even more when you see the current size of the blockchain.

And the Lightning Network is here to replace it no?

no not quite that simple mate, i have multiple nodes running on ssds, my smallest drive is populated to 85gb leaving me 30gb to play with, that 30 gb will not last long, just going off the last 12 - 24 months, im estimating my smallest drive will be full by july, but then i have a problem with re downloading the blockchain from scratch on a new drive, ppl are not going to want to mess about like this, when we have cash, trade and barter which is sooo much simpler Smiley

Ok I understand.

February 20, 2016, 03:20:19 PM
Right now the biggest problem I have with Bitcoin is all the wannabe developer teams trying to hard fork it, but other than that im pretty happy with the progress being made and I have high hopes that in a couple of years we will be laughing at all this drama and we will have a strong Bitcoin Core with the underlying LN layer competing with VISA and the other big volume mammoths.

LOL bitcoin is used by maybe 0.5% of the globe, as opposed to visa who are used by around 60% of the globe, please give iup the delusion, bitcoin has breen built to fail, enjoy our hobby while you still can, by 2021 it will no longer exist maybe even sooner with more adoption :/

Why would it fail? The number of users only goes up? It's normal for such system to take time to adop, the important thing is that it's more and more used that's all! =)

hmm the fact bitcoin nodes no longer work from hdd's, and need expensive SSD's which have limited capacity then there is the size of the blockchain which grew 10 -15gb in the last 12 month alone, more adoption = more transactions which will equate to an exponentially bigger blockchain growth, it was built to fail, enjoy while you can, but pushing for more adoption will kill it quicker Sad at the rate its going only centralised guberment data centers will be able to sustain the tech by 2021, and we will all be running multibit or brainwallets Sad

The size of the blochain is an interesting problem... Maybe it can be cut in half or something like that no?

solid state drives, they are a hell of a lot faster than standard hdds, but the price is not nice in england its about £35 for 120 gb which will run windows and a bitcoin node for a few months, but then will be full, 240gb ssd's are currently around £55 and may run a node for 12 - 24 months depending on blockchain bloat, i wish the chain could be pruned, but the reality is if the chain was pruned a lot of people will lose their coin Sad

Well seems 120 can be enough for a few years no? And 240 for even more when you see the current size of the blockchain.

no not quite that simple mate, i have multiple nodes running on ssds, my smallest drive is populated to 85gb leaving me 30gb to play with, that 30 gb will not last long, just going off the last 12 - 24 months, im estimating my smallest drive will be full by july, but then i have a problem with re downloading the blockchain from scratch on a new drive, ppl are not going to want to mess about like this, when we have cash, trade and barter which is sooo much simpler Smiley

Ok I understand.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
February 20, 2016, 01:13:19 PM
My biggest problem about bitcoins is how to sell instantly or withdraw instantly here in my country We have withdrawal instantly using bitcoin but sometimes their site is not working the support always say they have a technical issue.. So i think this is my biggest problem because if had some emergency i need some money i want to withdraw it fast in our site and withdraw it via atm..

Exactly, I don't mind that there's absolutely no user adoption in large numbers because frankly I gave that dream up many months ago, it's just not meant to hit the mainstream as a payment system. But as a storage of wealth and commodity it could be the very next thing to gold, it has proven its worth hundreds of times. However it's still a hassle to get and to sell without being scammed or asked for bank account numbers. The only thing I would use (I haven't but it's one of my only options) is localbitcoins.com. You can find a trader with more than 1000 transactions and more than 6 months and you can be sure they will do the job right. You will still lose money though since rates for respected traders are usually lower.
February 20, 2016, 12:24:22 PM

February 20, 2016, 12:17:44 PM

February 20, 2016, 12:08:54 PM

Pages:
Jump to: