Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your story, how did you become interested in Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 4936 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
I got interested to bitcoin when i read an article on one fb group about the developer and pizza guy.I became interested when i read that the bitcoin the developer paid cost now over $1.5m i research about bitcoin and i saw it profitable and an extra source of income.So i started using bitcoins now i get my daily income from bitcoin.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
As the forum thread title says, I am interested in your Bitcoin story, how did you become interested in Bitcoin?  Smiley
i got interested in bitcoin a couple years ago when the high was extremely high. i think it was around $1000 per btc and btc was all over the news
then i started buying some bitcoin when the prices dropped below 500 because i thought i was gonna make tons of money.
Activity: 616
I wanted to buy a Steam game, but I didn't have a PayPal or anything. Then I saw that 'Bitcoin is accepted as a way of payment' on a site which is selling Steam keys. Steam wasn't accepting Bitcoins then. I installed it and started using faucets, but I saw it isn't worth it and then I found this forum from where I got my first fraction of a Bitcoin.

I never studied Bitcoin much, my only aim was (and still is) to earn money for some goods(for now) and later for investments and trading with Bitcoins.

It's great for me that I can get money for goods by posting in forums rather than doing hard work, so here I am.   Smiley

This just points out the fact how important it is new merchants accept bitcoin. Indirectly it gives awareness about our beloved crypto coin. But it directly attracts new users too.
Activity: 672
As the forum thread title says, I am interested in your Bitcoin story, how did you become interested in Bitcoin?  Smiley

well 4 years ago bitcoin was till very young and my friend told me that someone bought pizza for thing named bitcoin so when i got home  i googled about it and  i learnt about bitcoin

and then i bought bitcoin for myself, and i forgot about it for year, then i discovered other cryptos so i started bitcoin trading to get more bitcoins from ones that i had

You bought it 4 years ago that means you would have bought it at very less price, and you must be enjoying huge profits by now, as I only one year old here bought at $250  Lips sealed
Activity: 1040
Merit: 538
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
I wanted to buy a Steam game, but I didn't have a PayPal or anything. Then I saw that 'Bitcoin is accepted as a way of payment' on a site which is selling Steam keys. Steam wasn't accepting Bitcoins then. I installed it and started using faucets, but I saw it isn't worth it and then I found this forum from where I got my first fraction of a Bitcoin.

I never studied Bitcoin much, my only aim was (and still is) to earn money for some goods(for now) and later for investments and trading with Bitcoins.

It's great for me that I can get money for goods by posting in forums rather than doing hard work, so here I am.   Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
I first became acquainted with bitcoin in it's very early days thru a mailing list associated with the ARG Perplexcity.1 I understood it's potential but I ignored it while I pursued more lucrative ventures. I was re-introduced to bitcoin around the end of 2010 beginning of 2011 while searching for alternative gateways to manage my online poker balances, and I received my first bitcoin (around ten dollars worth).  In April of 2011, I woke up, logged into my poker accounts, and was immediately faced with the FBI flash screen announcing that the domains had been seized for violating the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (every one of my accounts had been disabled on several sites).  That scared the hell out of me so I erased, reformatted, populated, erased, and reformatted my hard drive again. (lost my 10 bucks worth of bitcoin)

Time had passed and the feds didn't come for me so I found ways to start playing online poker again.  One of the poker networks I was playing on (Winning Poker Network) introduced bitcoin as a payment gateway less than two years ago (wish I would've kept those 15 bitcoin). The particular skins on the network I was playing on still require(d) KYC documents because they were/are primarily fiat based. So, I began looking at some of WPN's other skins that accepted bitcoin, and I found Betcoin.ag.  That's when the bitcoin bug really hit me!  Wow!   Here was a site that was part of a larger fiat based network (larger liquidity <-- that's important) which is strictly cryptocurrency based, and there's no KYC requirements!  If you understand the UIGEA, the history of the online poker boon, and US banking, then you'd know that's a really BIG WOW!  I'm still saying Wow!  Anyway, online poker introduced me to betcoin.ag, betcoin.ag introduced me to bitcointalk, and I've been strung out on the technology ever since. Poker<=>Bitcoin==Awesome

1) Interesting sidenote and connective history: I was first introduced to bitcoin while pondering this Perplexcity problem where the plan was to come up with a method to brute force RC5 encryption utilizing a p2p network client and searching for this guy.  <-- Still searching for this guy by the way....it's 1 of the last two puzzles to be solved. He holds a secret passphrase which will be given to whoever finds him.  More clues here.  If you find him due to my leads, give me shout a out in the credits somewhere please.

Activity: 658

well 4 years ago bitcoin was till very young and my friend told me that someone bought pizza for thing named bitcoin so when i got home  i googled about it and  i learnt about bitcoin

and then i bought bitcoin for myself, and i forgot about it for year, then i discovered other cryptos so i started bitcoin trading to get more bitcoins from ones that i had
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I am interested only in earning money, and when my friend told me that he is earning some good money from signature campaign, without thinking twice I jumped into it.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
I became interested when I saw it on the news. There was a report about it on the news where they explained that bitcoin was used for illegal stuff to launder money. That's when I became interested and looked up some information about it on the internet and what the concept of it was.
That's really funny LOL
I mean, if it weren't described as something used for illegal stuff, there's quite a less chance of you getting interest in bitcoins, I assume.

What made me interested in bitcoins is that I saw potential. I've read about the past halving and see that many profited from it. I'm also a stock trader, well, used to. I saw there's trading also in bitcoin (with alts) so it's a plus for me too.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I became interested when I saw it on the news. There was a report about it on the news where they explained that bitcoin was used for illegal stuff to launder money. That's when I became interested and looked up some information about it on the internet and what the concept of it was.
Activity: 994
Faucets. I've always been intrigued by free money :3

Turns out though, they don't pay out very much xD. All they say is "Free bitcoin", not satoshi.

I then started mining until my laptop died, moved to bitcointalk at about the same time I invested in cloud mining and got into a signature campaign.

LOL i think a lot of people entered the scene with the faucets. Free money is appealing to all of us.
Just playing with some free bitcoin got me interested in bitcoin all the way.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
The mind is everything. What you think you become.
my story not good enough,just know bitcoin when stellar booming with their giveways,and i start corious about bitcoin,and finnaly earn some bitcoin from stellar,yes i think many people have same story.
Activity: 672
ive become interested in bitcoin when my sister endorse it to me.  i think at first that its just a waste of time. but in time i guess im wrong.
If you think that bitcoin only waste of your time it's wrong. Fortunately you don't think like that anymore. Because if you know all of the advantage bitcoin it will change your mind about it.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
I became interested in Bitcoin when I heard a bunch of guys making fun of it at a dinner.  I then heard about the crash of SilkRoads and the Bitcoin that was sold at auction.  I did not think nothing about it and blew it off for the longest.   About 6 months ago, I started to do some more research.  I have not been able to put it down since.

That's nice and also keep spreading the awareness about Bitcoin the more we spread it the more it gets exposure and I got to know about Bitcoin through a very funny coincidence.
Its really a great thing to inform that I became interested in Bitcoins through one of my friend, whose life is running through the life of Bitcoins only. He is trading, gambling in Bitcoins and earns the money through Bitcoins only which makes us believe that Bitcoins is a real money.

I have never heard of anyone in real life that knows about Bitcoins, so im pretty much alone with this. I can't really talk about it because it's pointless, they would never understand it, not until its mainstream. It's like trying to talk about internet in 1990.. you will only get weird stares.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
I became interested in Bitcoin when I heard a bunch of guys making fun of it at a dinner.  I then heard about the crash of SilkRoads and the Bitcoin that was sold at auction.  I did not think nothing about it and blew it off for the longest.   About 6 months ago, I started to do some more research.  I have not been able to put it down since.

That's nice and also keep spreading the awareness about Bitcoin the more we spread it the more it gets exposure and I got to know about Bitcoin through a very funny coincidence.
Its really a great thing to inform that I became interested in Bitcoins through one of my friend, whose life is running through the life of Bitcoins only. He is trading, gambling in Bitcoins and earns the money through Bitcoins only which makes us believe that Bitcoins is a real money.
Activity: 714

Activity: 392
Merit: 251
Faucets. I've always been intrigued by free money :3

Turns out though, they don't pay out very much xD. All they say is "Free bitcoin", not satoshi.

I then started mining until my laptop died, moved to bitcointalk at about the same time I invested in cloud mining and got into a signature campaign.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
ive become interested in bitcoin when my sister endorse it to me.  i think at first that its just a waste of time. but in time i guess im wrong.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I made my Coinbase wallet in mid 2013. I didn't get any bitcoin, I didn't try mining (2001 P4s and TNT2s don't mine BTC well), so I just opened the wallet as a novelty until a week ago. I started mining and I slapped myself when I saw the surge in prices in Nov-Dec 2013. I am going to stop by a Bitcoin ATM and deposit some money into my BTC wallet there.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
Black Panther
Its all started when I accidentally found bitcoin while I was searching “earning passive income from home”
After a few articles I read, I still hard to believe that this kind of currency can stay for long, but I thought who knows I can earn some extra from this bitcoin, then I started to join many faucets, ever want to quit because being scammed by faucet, but finally I found 1 of friends that also interested in bitcoin, so we learn together how to earn more bitcoin
Up until now I am very satisfied with the profit I achieved from bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: