Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your story, how did you become interested in Bitcoin? - page 4. (Read 4936 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I became interested in bitcoin only because I want to earn money on my own. I dont have a day job, I stay here in our house since I graduated. Since I dont have a job Im focusing in earning bitcoin right now.

It's sound good. But will be better if you keep some of your bitcoin to be a capital becomes entrepreneur. You still can post to this bitcointalk in your spare time
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1015
I became interested in bitcoin only because I want to earn money on my own. I dont have a day job, I stay here in our house since I graduated. Since I dont have a job Im focusing in earning bitcoin right now.
Activity: 560
For me, I'm a Computer Science Engineer with 7 years of Diploma/Graduate courses certifications.I had a subject Cryptography ,main where we had questions on SHA,MD5 and we had to write algorithms for the same ,it was the part of syllabus .One of the dudes in my class did a presentation on applications of these algorithms and he spoke about crypto currencies and bitcoins.Since then my curiosity for bitcoins never ended . Smiley

Its an amazing history for sure,you belong to crypto world and you code ,soo i suppose you are the early adopters of bitcoin arent you?I look and search deeply about bitcoin when i saw the value of bitcoin,it had my full attention it were on the 400 or 200 dollars i dont remember well.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
For me, I'm a Computer Science Engineer with 7 years of Diploma/Graduate courses certifications.I had a subject Cryptography ,main where we had questions on SHA,MD5 and we had to write algorithms for the same ,it was the part of syllabus .One of the dudes in my class did a presentation on applications of these algorithms and he spoke about crypto currencies and bitcoins.Since then my curiosity for bitcoins never ended . Smiley
Activity: 560
Some people made their investment into mining farms ,and even todays that bitcoin is with a large minings farms there  still be some people starting these project ,since the return of investment is very fast,i dont know the exact numbers but no one would start a mining farm if the return takes 5 years or above.Im glad i bought my first bitcoin at 200 -260 dollars this year.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
I read an article about it in late 2013. Bought some stick miners and mined thru Nov 2013. Price went insane and I sold my stick miners for 10X what I paid for them when now. I was hooked at that point. Still mining today.

I wish I had not sold all my coins in Nov of this year though. LOL

Nice! You must have made a bunch of profits from all of that. You very lucky to have been able to do this.
I never started mining because I was never sure if that was worth doing.
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
A friend wanted to sell to me something and asked me if i can pay him via bitcoin and i was worried what is this "bitcoin" and since that time i am reading about bitcoin mostly everyday.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
I heard about Bitcoin back in the early days in a computer related, geeky website, I think it was not slashdot but it's that type of website, I of course ignored it because I had no idea what a decentralized currency was back then and I didn't understood the implications. I got on it years later when Mt Gox was being mentioned pretty frequently on tech sites.
legendary
Activity: 1007
I got really wired on energy drinks and jager one night, and spent nearly 8 hours drunk on google lol At the time it was approx 30-40$/BTC. I thought it was a bit much for to invest in, having very little 'liquid' money at the time. Next I heard of bitcoin it was 850$ and i was kicking myself in the ass lol
Activity: 244
I read an article about it in late 2013. Bought some stick miners and mined thru Nov 2013. Price went insane and I sold my stick miners for 10X what I paid for them when now. I was hooked at that point. Still mining today.

I wish I had not sold all my coins in Nov of this year though. LOL
legendary
Activity: 1274
i'm interested in bitcoin when my work-mate tell me what advantage of holding bitcoin, how he collect bitcoin without buy and show me his balance including the convert value to cash too. Lucky me, this man likes to share informations about bitcoin and this forum and he is so kindly to guide me for join this forum.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
I heard about bitcoin first from friend 2 years ago but didn't join right away.
I was skeptic about it.
When I heard how much money my friend made on bitcoin after that I realized my mistake and finally joined.
Now, I'm angry to myself that I didn't join right away, after first invitation Smiley
We always have to learn and accept new things.

Activity: 294
Friend told me about it and it seemed really cool. Then i started with some faucets to get me going. Smiley
yeah i used to be like that.
honestly doing faucets so boring in the beggining. but you must doing that or just join signature campaign for newbie. after you got enough capital, you can try to gamble it  Grin
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Friend told me about it and it seemed really cool. Then i started with some faucets to get me going. Smiley
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I've actually seen the word bitcoin on my PC last 2011 when I searched for an online job. I kept on seeing it but I was not able to understand anything about it that time or I was just too lazy to read and understand how it works. Then 2013 I started on faucets and signed for cex.io, bitlanders and sparkprofit which are somehow bitcoin related but I did not fully understand then the relevance of bitcoins so again, I did not focus on it. I was disappointed on how little I was getting with faucets and all the bitcoins earned from it, I deposited to cex for cloud mining but logging in again after maybe a month or two, I lost it all making me more disappointed. I've constantly reading about mining but my mind cannot comprehend the terms and the instructions on how to do it or maybe I was just lazy to read and understand. I just become fully aware and really interested last September and now I feel regrets and frustrated thinking all the years I wasted since learning about it but too lazy to fully understand what it is.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I found some news on the internet and then i started digging about it and also bought some for myself
Activity: 546
in 2013, I told my friend about bitcoin, after that I am looking for more information on the Internet and finally I get bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
I became interested in Bitcoin when I was searching how to earn money on the net. I rejoined durably this forum when I saw the SpreadCoin translation bounty.
Activity: 294
initially i interested in bitcoin since i know that my friends make money with bitcoin.
other things that make me more interested is he wins a gamble with very little capital
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
I became interested when the rise towards the ATH started in 2013. My brother told me that he got into bitcoin a while before that and this pushed me to just go for it.
Entered around 500 usd at that time and I think my most expensive coins were around 600 usd. Now I am about equal or a bit better due to keep accumulating in the 200-300 range.
Pages:
Jump to: