Pages:
Author

Topic: What/who make the price of bitcoin - page 7. (Read 5589 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 10
June 27, 2018, 10:31:26 PM
If it somehow acquired any value at all for whatever reason, then anyone wanting to transfer wealth over a long distance could buy some, transmit it, and have the recipient sell it.

Maybe it could get an initial value circularly as you’ve suggested, by people foreseeing its potential usefulness for exchange. (I would definitely want some) Maybe collectors, any random reason could spark it.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
platform for everyday business
June 27, 2018, 10:02:02 PM
Hello everybody, I am new to the bitcoin and bitcointalk forum. I just wonder what/who make the price of bitcoin, and what does it depend on?

Definetly as far as i know the value of the bitcoin is depends on the stocks or supply in the exchange market,the more supply into there exchanges trading and low demand the more the price value of that bitcoin will going down,and vice versa of thats situation would happen thats why in my own perception the one who creates the price value of bitcoins is depends on the market volume and the demand of the investor,for the used  or purpose of circulation of the investment,thats why there is ups and down the price value of bitcoin.
Activity: 392
ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS
June 27, 2018, 09:46:05 PM
Hello everybody, I am new to the bitcoin and bitcointalk forum. I just wonder what/who make the price of bitcoin, and what does it depend on?

People are always making the price of cryptocurrency, the market is depending on the supply and demand so you should always expect for the drastic changes in prices if you are a cryptocurrency investor.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
June 27, 2018, 08:18:23 PM
Supply and demand. If you add more Bitcoins and spread it out to others, then people are not going to demand it as much and the price goes down, because those looking to sell will have to lower their price because they can't find others to buy. 
Activity: 658
Merit: 254
For campaign management, please pm me.
June 27, 2018, 08:13:42 PM

It is like a commodity. We, people are the one who creates it. The more people buy it, the more the price increase because of the demand is increasing and the supply decreasing. Likewise on its opposite.

Sometimes breaking news alsi affects the orice of it. On the other hand I also believe that there are unknown hands who hold a lot and control the price of crypto most specially bitcoin.
Activity: 284
June 27, 2018, 07:59:23 PM

I think the people we called whales are the one who plays the price of bitcoin in the market. They are the one who invest too large amount of money. And also i bitcoin, we also have these crisis where in it is normal for bitcoin to fluctuates sometimes.
Activity: 44
June 27, 2018, 06:22:42 PM
The volatility of all cryptocurrencies is based on the fact that none have anything to stabilise them. They aren’t linked to anything that has a determinable real world value in any way, and the coins themselves do not. Stability in the value of any currency has to be based on something that can be traded, excluding currency itself. Crypto is used for buying, but a problems exists here, too. The knowledge of said pricing has to be public - private selling does not help at all because you can’t determine any general price of X item around which to create stability, and crypto is generally based on private sales for now. It won’t stabilise until enough trading is done in the public eye through legitimate services such as online stores - and a large number of them, at that. It doesn’t matter if every member of the public gets into crypto, the price will continue to jump and sink until a ton of businesses get involved and create a “general consensus” in terms of crypto value that everyone can see and many agree with.

It also doesn’t help that many people are holding onto it in the hopes of making money. Currency that isn’t being traded is detrimental to its survival anyway, and prolongs the time it would take to stabilise.

This is a great explanation. I always thought that it would be volatile, but you're saying that if say Amazon and thousands of other stores got into it, that could stabilize the price?
Activity: 1582
Merit: 101
June 27, 2018, 02:39:13 AM

Actually it is very difficult of explain about you question. You just think like normal share market. Share rate depends on the man who selling and who buying. If a person think that share value will be high he buying in higher rate as well as share price going high. In this way when anyone think that BTC price will go high he will buy BTC in high rate.
Activity: 644
June 27, 2018, 02:17:03 AM
which determines the market price is our own behavior in the market, selling and buying affect supply and demand and supply and demand make the price move up or down, so think first before you sell or buy because there will be domino effect from your market behavior
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
June 27, 2018, 02:14:58 AM
in my opinion, your question is very good, so BTC prices can go up or down it depends on the number of people buying this can make the price of btc rise high, well if many people who sell then the price also drops, so depending on enthusiasts people want to buy or not, now btc down it because of the many bad news about btc in my opinion.
Activity: 34
June 27, 2018, 01:29:58 AM
Law of suppply and demand. People who need BTC or people who thinks that BTC is more valuable that the current price, buy. People that has BTC and need fiat or thinks that BTC is not that valuable, sell.  Wink
I difinitely agree. The law of supply and demand  what makes the price of Bitcoin exist. If there is no supply there is no demand and vice versa. People thought Bitcoin as the best investment that is why until now the price is increasing the same as the community, investors and enthusiasts. Until the time when the supply of Bitcoin will become scarse price will also skyrocket to the moon.

The supply of Bitcoin will reach the limit soon, right? I hear about 2022 with our mining system speed. By that time, the price of bitcoin will become untouchable
Activity: 658
Merit: 117
June 27, 2018, 01:13:54 AM
That might be the right call, but at the moment, so many things are quite uncertain about the price of bitcoin. People still think BTC has not hit its lowest just yet.
Activity: 462
June 27, 2018, 12:33:32 AM
what I would do when the bitcoin price drops is to buy as much bitcoin as I can because the bitcoin price is cheap and suitable for the buy but when I get stuck in the expensive price then all I will do is wait until the price goes back up.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 27, 2018, 12:13:07 AM
Law of suppply and demand. People who need BTC or people who thinks that BTC is more valuable that the current price, buy. People that has BTC and need fiat or thinks that BTC is not that valuable, sell.  Wink
I difinitely agree. The law of supply and demand  what makes the price of Bitcoin exist. If there is no supply there is no demand and vice versa. People thought Bitcoin as the best investment that is why until now the price is increasing the same as the community, investors and enthusiasts. Until the time when the supply of Bitcoin will become scarse price will also skyrocket to the moon.
Activity: 196
June 27, 2018, 12:02:23 AM
The volatility of all cryptocurrencies is based on the fact that none have anything to stabilise them. They aren’t linked to anything that has a determinable real world value in any way, and the coins themselves do not. Stability in the value of any currency has to be based on something that can be traded, excluding currency itself. Crypto is used for buying, but a problems exists here, too. The knowledge of said pricing has to be public - private selling does not help at all because you can’t determine any general price of X item around which to create stability, and crypto is generally based on private sales for now. It won’t stabilise until enough trading is done in the public eye through legitimate services such as online stores - and a large number of them, at that. It doesn’t matter if every member of the public gets into crypto, the price will continue to jump and sink until a ton of businesses get involved and create a “general consensus” in terms of crypto value that everyone can see and many agree with.

It also doesn’t help that many people are holding onto it in the hopes of making money. Currency that isn’t being traded is detrimental to its survival anyway, and prolongs the time it would take to stabilise.
Activity: 44
June 26, 2018, 11:47:11 PM
The price of Bitcoin is basically what the last person to buy it decided to pay for it. If the last person to buy it decided to pay one penny for one satoshi, then the price of Bitcoin would be one million dollars.
Activity: 238
June 19, 2018, 10:17:38 AM
It's simply demand and supply. It's price is dependent on the number of people willing to buy it and at what price and the number of people ready to sell at that price. In a bullish trend-such as the current state of the market, we have more sellers than buyers and that's why price keeps falling.
Activity: 420
Merit: 252
June 19, 2018, 09:27:53 AM
in theory the price is determined by the supply and demand of the investors. As soon as we have a limited supply of btc we shall look at demand in this case, if the investors and new money is invested than it rises otherwise if the majority withdraw their money and sell than falls.
Activity: 114
June 19, 2018, 09:18:03 AM
Theoretically, it is only affected by supply and demand. Recently I have learned some theories about conglomerates that might operate to manipulate the price. I don't know whether it is true or not, you can find many articles about it
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands
June 19, 2018, 08:36:35 AM
The best answer for this question, it is like only stocks. We see how forex exchange transactions, we buy and sell stocks for we could earn and make our own stocks get high value. In bitcoin, it is like our own currency, we know how volatile our currency value.
Pages:
Jump to: