Pages:
Author

Topic: When do you know its time to sell your altcoins? - page 34. (Read 8138 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 0
When you invest in cryptocurrency, you need to analyze how much cryptocurrency you invest in, and then decide what price you should sell at it, because the volatility of each cryptocurrency is different, so I can't Give you an accurate answer.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
It simple to me, I would like to buy altcoins in the low price, when it rises around 20%-30%, I will sell it and take my profit, anyway if it drops around more than 40%, I will hold it for my long term investment.
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
I think no body will know how highest the price of crypto wil to go, so whener the price going up is better to use trailling stop so when the price turn in to down trend will sell it automatically. And when the price keep going up , we will never miss it.
Activity: 145
Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.
It all depends on many factors.  For example, if I invested in a coin and hold the coin for a short term, then usually when the price rises by 30-40%, I immediately sell the coins.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
I'm curious how you can trade now.  Hardly you have such a profit now.  In this market, earn a unit.  And the majority can only trade in a growing market.  Therefore, you need to fix profits in time and not be greedy.  For today's market, profit up to 100% is already a big profit.
Activity: 47
If the price of altcoins is higher and satisfies my preferences, then I know that I will get more profit if I sell it, then there is no reason not to sell my altcoins .
Activity: 184
I look when the price of bitcoin reaches a maximum and then sell my altcoins.

Can this guarantee the profits that you will get from selling your altcoin? What if your altcoin doesn't rise but drops?
it's terrible, of course, sell at the right time with a profit of 20-30% of our altcoin results, don't expect profits up to 100%, it will be difficult if we wait too after selling it, never look back because there will always be regret after knowing we coin that we have before rises in price
Activity: 212
Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.
best strategy in that market, if the coin is raised in price in 2-3 times it is definitely better to sell
and then buy back, then circles
Activity: 294
I am always actively monitoring price developments and information on the market. That way I can know quickly when my altcoin prices increase. When the price has increased and is already in a stable position, that's when I think to sell my altcoin right. So I can get a satisfactory amount of sales.
Activity: 432
Merit: 100
Sometimes, we are so positive and wish to see only positive growth such that we forget the market can make a negative turn. I was glad someone mentioned we shouldnt be greedy. That is the only word I personally want to use. If you make enough profit, it is better you sell. I have been victims of greed and have regretted those moments.
Activity: 120
Merit: 1

Can this guarantee the profits that you will get from selling your altcoin? What if your altcoin doesn't rise but drops?
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
You really cannot really know when to sell your coins. Think about how people who bought BTC for like 0.09USD sold when it hit 1USD - they probably thought at the time that this was an awesome investment and a great time to sell.

Time passed and BTC hit 20k USD years later.

No way when to sell crypto unless you can see the future.
Activity: 644
If you bought the coin at a very low price while of course, you should keep it. And you don't panic when I saw the price of coins in the market is very low. Because patience is very important to benefit from the trade coin of crypto. In a few more months of coins, I think crypto is going up very high.
Activity: 75
I buy coins when the market is unstable and the price for coins is very low and I sell coins when the market recovers and the price grows significantly.
But then you can easily fall into the trap, can you clearly know what kind of price is low? Just like today's BTC and ETH, do you think it is cheap? Do you dare to buy now?
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
I invest in the altcoin with the purpose to make money. So the best time to sell them is when the price is high and I have words compared to the capital I have spent. I was not worried when the market fell because I did not sell my altcoin at that time. I am waiting for my luck.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
Activity: 378
I carefully choose the time when you can sell alternative coins. At a time when the market is going up, it's easy to determine.
Activity: 201
I use technical analysis, and analyze mainly bitcoin, because it is on it that the price of many coins depends!
Activity: 154

This factors can only be considered if the market is doing well. Considering that the investment of yours has gone through losses where in you set your limitation to sell if it will already fall more than 30-50% of your capital. This way you could now consider the potential of that coin.
Activity: 28
I tend to take a gander at climate inside business sectors. In the event that everything appears to be splendid I allowed it to sit unbothered until the point that it drops some place - %30-35. After that I begin looking into and open rather traditionalist position by dumping some of it for bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: