Pages:
Author

Topic: When do you know its time to sell your altcoins? - page 37. (Read 8138 times)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 281
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
If the assets we have experience more than 100% increase in just a few days, of course it is the right time for us to sell them, even though we believe that the coins will rise again someday but what happens will not be as we imagine because of coins will come back down after that even though it continues to rise, we have to sell and wait for prices to fall.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Set a target price to sell your coins. I sell when I have lose much percentage and let go of it, there is still coins you can count. I also sell my coins when I needed to sell for my personal expenses. If I have plenty of money, I would buy more altcoins, hold it and sell it when it hit my set goal
Activity: 210
maybe when the market is on recovered!! like bull run !! that make all token are go high price at that time and then that the time to sell it caue there going up!!
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
My forumula of working in crypto is so simple when I see my altocins in little profit I sell them .In crypto trading we cannot set a proper profit for a month it is not a fixed and I have invested a little amount in market few months back but still didn't receive any prominent profit because of the market conditions so I am holding my altcoins and waiting for good days.
Activity: 126
End of the year ? How do you think. I think the market will have strong growth at the end of the year, similar to 2017 and it's the perfect time to sell my alts coin
Activity: 70
Actually I got confused on it before, my friends always told me to buy low sell high, but how do I know if it's low or when is it time to sell. I realized that if I profit 10% I would sell.
Activity: 78
I wait when the market starts to grow, the price rises. And if I need I sell .
Activity: 168
Merit: 9
Hmmm if you are not sure, then just take profit here and there when your coin does 5x 10x 20x. Sell part of your holdings like 10% 20%, depends on you. Sell everything when the bearish trend reversal is confirmed.
Activity: 62
When it comes to when I have to sell my altcoin it is very difficult to determine. but clearly I will never sell my altcoin unless the price has gone up
Activity: 824
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Every coin in my possession has its own goal and most especially it follows the trend of the road map if the coin is a good one. If it's a bounty token, i wait for it to hit the part of the road map which i see fit to satisfy my profit making appetite. For ICO tokens, i wait patiently for it to moon and never to sell at cheap whenever the market goes down and there is panic.

that should always be the case. Even before you buy any altcoin, you should already have the target price to sell it. When you don't have target price to sell, that is the very reason why people are losing trade opportunities.

I never have a target price. This way if a coin is doing very well and pass my target price, I will sell it. But  the coin may be developing well and may be now is better to hold it for a future. I prefer to check the price and the news about the project every couple of weeks and then make a new decision.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
If the coin already reach your target selling price or profit, then you can sell your coin. Do not be too greedy, because being so will lead you to loosing your money. If you think that the coin will pump more, then you can sell a small percentage of your holding just to get your seed money and small profit, then wait  a bit before selling to have more. You must know where will be the resistance so you could exit before it dump.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
Every coin in my possession has its own goal and most especially it follows the trend of the road map if the coin is a good one. If it's a bounty token, i wait for it to hit the part of the road map which i see fit to satisfy my profit making appetite. For ICO tokens, i wait patiently for it to moon and never to sell at cheap whenever the market goes down and there is panic.

that should always be the case. Even before you buy any altcoin, you should already have the target price to sell it. When you don't have target price to sell, that is the very reason why people are losing trade opportunities.
Activity: 910
Merit: 102
I think it all depends on yourself. if in my opinion, I will sell it when the coin ALtcoin that I hold has reached the highest price, so I can get the maximum profit.
Activity: 227
IQCash
Activity: 108
Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.
I see that most people don't have a specific or particular time they sell their alt coins, while some sell if they notice any rise
Activity: 126
Mostly, it can't be said accurate best time to sell the altcoins. It depends of world market. I think, it is sold if price is high in the market.
Activity: 113
I don't have a typical formula to calculate when altcoin can be sold. If I can accurately know when I can sell altcoin, then I should now travel around the world on my private jet. The fact is that I sell my altcoin every time. Not every time is profitable, don’t be too greedy
Activity: 84
of course when I have made a profit, it's the right time to sell altcoins. if the current price is higher than the price when I bought altcoin then I will sell it. yes as simple as that.
Activity: 269
Merit: 100
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
I use the strategy of investing in coins from the top 25 for a period of 5 years or more. In this case it is easier to calculate how strong the project is
Activity: 1
You suppose to sell when you make profit simple..do not sell when you loosing.. the law says buy low and sell high. My best friend was trading bitcoin and mae over 4120k and bitcoin started dropping and he sold at $62K now he lost almost $58K but guess what aftr he sold bitcoin hit over $16000 per coin that month if he has let his coin he would have made over 4380k but now he has lost all hope.. Buy low and sell hih simple.. never sell when the market is lowcos of fears
Pages:
Jump to: