Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 17. (Read 52126 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 0
December 29, 2017, 01:38:18 PM
Sell at key resistance levels. you will know this if the price has tried to break it at one point in the past, but failed.
Activity: 274
Merit: 10
December 29, 2017, 01:36:34 PM
I do not care what excactly time to sell. I will calculate based on the history of that coin and build an own price. I think you also should do that.
That is also a good strategy to profitable trade adopted. If you know how to, it is fine.
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
December 29, 2017, 01:21:46 PM
I do not care what excactly time to sell. I will calculate based on the history of that coin and build an own price. I think you also should do that.
Activity: 274
December 29, 2017, 12:57:14 PM
Daily buying/selling is better than holding and sell for higher price. You need to take sometimes to see the trade trend before you trade to make profit.
Activity: 266
December 29, 2017, 12:48:59 PM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

I really agree with your thoughts, I also think like you if in trading. I always set the target price I want to achieve but I quite often wrongly predict the price.
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
December 29, 2017, 10:03:43 AM
If you hold for a long term it is a good option to set goals, for instance close 1/3 of position at the achieving 50% of profit, 1/3 150% of target and leave a bit for future. So, set target in the different price level and close your position bit by bit

This sometimes works, but sometimes causes you to make huge mistakes. Check the coins makes 100x on exchanges, most of the early adopters sold their coins too early and they couldn't enjoy the ride.
Activity: 235
Merit: 11
December 29, 2017, 10:01:57 AM
Sell it if you have already profits and if you think if the value is already high. You can't assume that the value of coins is already in the right value already because no one knows when the coins is getting in the right price.
Activity: 798
Merit: 101
December 29, 2017, 09:36:50 AM
If you hold for a long term it is a good option to set goals, for instance close 1/3 of position at the achieving 50% of profit, 1/3 150% of target and leave a bit for future. So, set target in the different price level and close your position bit by bit
Activity: 70
December 29, 2017, 09:32:58 AM
For me it' fun... pretty much like gambling. I like to play around with coins and tokens. I also just got some modultrade ones, wanna see what happens with them but at the same time not planning to trade them all, cause the idea behind them is strongly connected with my career so I am planning to use them, too
Activity: 61
December 29, 2017, 09:26:08 AM
I would like to ask a novice question - why are the prices of cryptos in korean exchanges (bitthumb and coinone) much higher than the rest of the other exchanges?
Activity: 114
December 29, 2017, 07:04:21 AM
Trading or investing in bitcoin can make or break you. I guess it will depend on how you make your decision when selling. There should be a perfect timing when selling your coins. A little late or a little early can cause you bucks.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
December 28, 2017, 09:42:40 AM
you know every person trades to get profit but all can't get at the same time some one have to loose so that other can gain. when ever you are trading in shares just make a flow chart of the price per share if you have bought that share on like 500/ share and the price is going on 480/ share at that time if you think that share price will rise that just made a purchase on 480/ share and even if price didn't rise and it was stuck on 490/ share than you can sell to recover the loss from 2nd transaction
Activity: 56
December 28, 2017, 08:48:45 AM
when Im ready to exit in fiat Im selling)
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
December 28, 2017, 08:46:58 AM
I personally sell it when I reach the target that I set myself, no matter how lucky I did not see it, the most important thing is my target.
Activity: 70
December 28, 2017, 08:39:50 AM
I invested some money in modultrade ICO. I think I am gonna wait around a year... Their concept is really dope so I guess it'll be pretty popular and in demand!
Activity: 280
Merit: 110
December 28, 2017, 08:37:37 AM
Deciding when to sell is a very difficult decision. I look at the coins that i`ve sold in the last two years and some of them mooned at some time. But well, i am still satisfied with the proffit i`ve got. I cant keep all the coins at once because i`m not that rich.
Now, to answer to the op question. I sell when i consider that i`ve made enough proffit from that coin and i dont see anything going on in the near future. Also i sell only when i whant to buy another coin or when i want to invest in a ICO and i dont have money in my pocket.
Till now i didnt changed into fiat and spend any of my earning from my crypto investemnt because i want to increase my portofolio.
With a 50$ initial investment now i am at 2500 $ and it keeps on growing.
Activity: 159
December 28, 2017, 07:31:57 AM
Sailing is just a matter of what every body's needs,
For me it's better to sell if in needed and if the value of coins will bigger.

As long as I trust bitcoin I can kept my earnings so that it will saved and convert it if the price is higher than I expected.

Sell when the price is RIGHT!
Sell when the price is HIGH!
In my own opinion, it is the best time to sell. This could bring a lot of profit for the. The higher the price, the higher the value.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 568
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
December 28, 2017, 07:00:09 AM
For bitcoin I'm going to hold it for a longer time, I have focus in bitcoin holding and when it comes to altcoins I'm going with % before selling it. When I bought at dip and I'll sell when the price of it starts to increase and I have 10%+ gain on that specific coin. And when I have no choice to sell my bitcoin when there are existing problems in real life and that's the only solution, then that also depends on situation.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
December 28, 2017, 06:39:40 AM
In my business plan i will start selling when price of BTC hit 50K$ and i hope it will soon hit this price because now more and more people are taking interest in BTC while also many big investors have also started investing in BTC due to which price of BTC is increasing. So i still hold my BTC and i will also advise you people to keep hold your BTC for right time.

Holding btc is the right thing to do or if you are good at trading, that is also good to take a risk to in order to accumulate more btc than just holding. $50k of 1 bitcoin might be possible, who knows?
Activity: 238
Merit: 57
December 26, 2017, 03:39:08 AM
In my business plan i will start selling when price of BTC hit 50K$ and i hope it will soon hit this price because now more and more people are taking interest in BTC while also many big investors have also started investing in BTC due to which price of BTC is increasing. So i still hold my BTC and i will also advise you people to keep hold your BTC for right time.
Pages:
Jump to: