Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 15. (Read 52126 times)

Activity: 2520
Merit: 568
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
January 04, 2018, 03:51:11 PM
For those that sold their bitcoins already, it's good to see that you were happy with your gains but personally I won't sell for now. I'm not that frustrated with the current price of bitcoin but I can't sell for now as there's no need of doing it and I'm pretty sure that it's price will rise again. So for now it's better to just keep on waiting for the right price before selling, I'm not even in a hurry so there's no need to panic.
Activity: 518
Merit: 104
PUFFY FINANCE
January 04, 2018, 03:46:43 PM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?
I prefer holding my bitcoin for long-term I only sell when bitcoin is going through correction. I sell everytime when i see bitcoin price drop by 10% and rebuy later when the price gains another 10% up in value. 
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
January 04, 2018, 01:47:53 PM
I will sell bitcoin if i will have a profit of 50-70%. But i wont sell everything, i will only sell some of it when i'm in need of money.  I will still save some for future use, besides bitcoin's value continues to rise. I will regret if i sell my bitcoins too early without thinking how much profit will i get from it.
A good strategy.

I usually join the ICO coin, whitelist register and buy presale ICO. I will sell them, when they double up, will sell half and keep half
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
January 04, 2018, 01:41:22 PM
I will sell bitcoin if i will have a profit of 50-70%. But i wont sell everything, i will only sell some of it when i'm in need of money.  I will still save some for future use, besides bitcoin's value continues to rise. I will regret if i sell my bitcoins too early without thinking how much profit will i get from it.

I set a percentage of profits for my bitcoin when it reaches that or above the percentage i will make a trade on my bitcoin it is the basic things i regularly use in my trading system .
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
January 04, 2018, 01:22:41 PM
actually im trading with % and the cryptocurrency is not like  stocks bond its value increasing top , you must have a good  understanding about the cryptocurrency , always buy the dip sell in high , do not sell in dip  but their some time that if their a dip  but you still in profit so at that time you can have your profits if ou want so unless you can hodl and make more profits  its better to regret later don't be a panic seller  go through the information and get the best decision
Activity: 350
Merit: 109
January 04, 2018, 01:08:19 PM
Every people have their own strategy how or when they sell their bitcoin or maybe altcoins. For me when I don’t try to sell my bitcoin because I have a little amount of bitcoin came from the joining in the different signature campaigns. My planning to sell my Bitcoin when it reach the double the price of the IPhone X, because I want to have that kind of phone.
Activity: 910
Merit: 550
January 04, 2018, 11:16:36 AM
I am selling my bitcoin if my profit is around 60-80%. But i only sell the the half of it because I am sure that the price will still go up so i just need to wait again. But sometimes i regret that i sold it all or i sold it too early well i took the risk so it is okay.
Activity: 210
January 04, 2018, 10:25:26 AM
Activity: 546
💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲
January 04, 2018, 10:17:23 AM
I usually sell when the price is above 25% or more, but it also depends on the coin we HODL
if it is short term then I usually put the selling price 25% and 40% or more in mid term
Activity: 80
Merit: 11
Hoqu.io – Tokensale is live
January 04, 2018, 10:06:33 AM
I dont trade frequently, only looking at 1 day chart. I usually sell when 20MA cross down 50MA.
Activity: 340
Merit: 0
January 04, 2018, 10:01:00 AM
If you surf, then the profit margin is 10% or 15% that is the maximum. If long hold is x2 or x3 or higher. Depending on your desire that the price varies but do not be too greedy you will lose everything.
Activity: 148
Merit: 0
January 04, 2018, 09:52:38 AM
Excellent question  !!!

I generally decide to sell by taking in % profit. But it totally depends on directions marketing moving in. Its totally situational.
Activity: 196
January 04, 2018, 09:38:31 AM
For me, I sell when it reaches its growth to 30 - 50 percent, its cycle process, not all the time it surge up, make a habit to buy low and sell high. This is the common thing happen in cryptoworld. We grab the opportunity every time it fluctuates:)
Activity: 308
January 04, 2018, 08:49:07 AM
It's harrd to know when to sell but what I usually do is wait and when the coin pump something like +100% a day then it's a good time to sell
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
January 04, 2018, 08:29:33 AM
For me I don't understand what logic they are applying. Why would you sell when you are getting less amount of Bitcoins . Like if the prices of Bitcoin are high so you will get less Bitcoins for that amount of USD.
There is no logic to it. It's just that we need to follow the prices of Bitcoin as its orice is dependent on Fiat Currency, and why don't you get it the buyer is on the advantage here as they will use a lesser amount of Bitcoin needed for that purchase. The only sad thing I see is of course network fees being applied on every transaction which you are required to send to another wallet address.
Activity: 87
January 04, 2018, 08:27:55 AM
I do sell when my profit becomes 100-200% that is my deciding factor if i am going to sell my coins.
Activity: 484
Merit: 11
January 04, 2018, 08:11:18 AM
Its depend on the price of coin. I am most sold if my profit more than 50%. Because I like Trades with mid-long term, that can give me more profit
Activity: 706
Merit: 250
January 04, 2018, 08:05:09 AM
Probably i will sell my coin when the price is going up not all my coin, It is better to sell immediately when the price pump, not all the time the price will pump after the price is pump and then it will go down.
Activity: 89
trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution trade.io
January 04, 2018, 07:37:34 AM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

Yes set %. I will sell my coins invested in ICO only when I see 1000% profit or more. For too good coins it will be 10000%. But that too I wont sell all my coins but I will sell 70% of them and I hold the remaining.
Activity: 126
January 04, 2018, 07:27:10 AM
It is very good to set the mind set that when and which price you sell the available cryptocurrencies because if you still wait and make yourself busy in other things then their price if goes up but you are busy and price again in down after pump then in this way you have missed that profitable opportunity, So set the order and after that you can wait.
Pages:
Jump to: