Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 18. (Read 52126 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 0
December 26, 2017, 01:30:39 AM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

I do decide to sell when my investment reaches my target profitability goal percentage or even more higher. I always put in my mind the buy low sell high practices.

Correct, but when is the right time that you can say. Enough already? For me, I think its safe to sell bitcoin when the price is expected to go down.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
December 26, 2017, 01:23:26 AM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

I do decide to sell when my investment reaches my target profitability goal percentage or even more higher. I always put in my mind the buy low sell high practices.
Activity: 114
December 26, 2017, 12:27:00 AM
When I reached my target. I sell everything, despite it will go up more or not. Don't be greedy, just set your target and you won't loss anything.

Wise plan. Better not to be greedy in this situation. I think it still good to invest and wait a little more before selling everything and harvesting the profit.
Activity: 199
Merit: 10
Mercy
December 26, 2017, 12:19:21 AM
When I reached my target. I sell everything, despite it will go up more or not. Don't be greedy, just set your target and you won't loss anything.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 253
December 26, 2017, 12:02:28 AM
it will depend on the altcoin you are investing, if you see news or something that will make that altcoin becomes higher in value then better hold for it for a while cause theres a big possiblity youll get 100% profit.
Activity: 490
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
December 25, 2017, 11:39:51 PM
in crypto investing you must always have a target of your profit,you don't need to wait for a long period of time if the coins that you are holding is very promising why?? because you can play with it during its peak and dip.The best thing to do is be 50% high then sell it,then wait for its dip to buy again.Buy low sell high.
I agree with you, if the price is low we have to buy as much as possible, and if the price is high we no doubt to sell it, because buying at a low price it could be our investment in the future and very profitable for us.
Activity: 490
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
December 25, 2017, 11:36:35 PM

in my opinion, if the price goes up a bit I will stand it first, but if the price has soared I will sell it, because it is much more profitable for me,
Activity: 378
Merit: 103
December 25, 2017, 11:23:41 PM
in crypto investing you must always have a target of your profit,you don't need to wait for a long period of time if the coins that you are holding is very promising why?? because you can play with it during its peak and dip.The best thing to do is be 50% high then sell it,then wait for its dip to buy again.Buy low sell high.
Activity: 588
December 25, 2017, 11:14:25 PM

Monitoring is very important in selling, because my sister got a lot of money when she monitor the price. Selling is good now because bitcoin is getting higher and higher. You can sell your coins in the right price for you. You have the choice if you want to change it already. Everybody's waiting for the coming pump because it's very interesting price in the near future.
Activity: 32
December 25, 2017, 10:57:49 PM
Well I feel the need of selling when I am one with the environment and by that I mean if I got all the requirements, such as the demand of the people, the materials that is going to be sold, and the value price of the product
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
December 25, 2017, 10:17:57 PM
I sell the airdrop right away. Bounty I hold on for a long time(3-6-12 month) I trade on the crypto exchange with a profit of 10%.

I suggest that Airdrop has the potential to be good in the future should you hold it Wink
Airdrop like deeponion has a good future, although their members are receiving a good amount of onions but they are still holding it right now that is why the price has increased and it benefit the entire deeponion community. You choose what airdrop to hold because most of it are shit coins, developers sell when they see their coin will pump so be careful with that.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
December 25, 2017, 07:34:04 PM
Have you thought to gather some coins now at the beginning of January and hodl for an year? Let's say some within top 50 (as per CMC). What we saw from beg of 2017 to end of 2017 was an amazing pump; don't you think the global trend is only upwards and the same will happen by 2018 end.

I even think that the current bitcoin price will be doubled by next year. My take on bitcoin is it will become a major part in future financial transactions. People want convenience and it is so convenient to use bitcoin to purchase anything when its price stabilizes. At the press time, it is not a good idea to make it as a form to pay and just invest.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
December 25, 2017, 07:24:30 PM
I sell the airdrop right away. Bounty I hold on for a long time(3-6-12 month) I trade on the crypto exchange with a profit of 10%.

I suggest that Airdrop has the potential to be good in the future should you hold it Wink
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
December 25, 2017, 07:02:04 PM
Have you thought to gather some coins now at the beginning of January and hodl for an year? Let's say some within top 50 (as per CMC). What we saw from beg of 2017 to end of 2017 was an amazing pump; don't you think the global trend is only upwards and the same will happen by 2018 end.
Activity: 94
December 25, 2017, 06:48:40 PM
Usually I set a certain % gain AND loss as for the price I will sell at. If it goes down, I won't hold and hope for it to come back, as that can make me wait a long time and potentially increase my loss.
As for gains, I'll have a certain target and sell when reached.
December 25, 2017, 06:26:25 PM
I usually sell in 3 orders: when price grow by 50% (16.5% of bought amount),by 100% (16.5% of bought amount) and by 150% (16.5% of bought amount) + hold 50%.
hmmmm, interesting approach i think i will use your strategy for selling cryptos since most of the time i'm selling too low and miss out on the chance to profit more

if you want to be able to do that, then you must have a large amount of money. if i remember correctly you won't be able to do it if you only have 0.001 btc worth of altcoins if you trade in bittrex because the minimum order is around 0.001 btc

Of course, you cannot do that with little bankroll or bankroll that is less than 0.001 btc Smiley trading with a very little amount of bankroll is only good if you are just starting out. Having bigger amount of bankroll will give you significant amount of gain when you know how to trade well.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
December 22, 2017, 03:55:38 AM
I usually sell in 3 orders: when price grow by 50% (16.5% of bought amount),by 100% (16.5% of bought amount) and by 150% (16.5% of bought amount) + hold 50%.
hmmmm, interesting approach i think i will use your strategy for selling cryptos since most of the time i'm selling too low and miss out on the chance to profit more

if you want to be able to do that, then you must have a large amount of money. if i remember correctly you won't be able to do it if you only have 0.001 btc worth of altcoins if you trade in bittrex because the minimum order is around 0.001 btc
Activity: 112
December 22, 2017, 03:21:17 AM
December 22, 2017, 03:14:47 AM
I sell at regular intervals whenever I get btc and keep in mind x% of profit. Whenever it reaches that I sell of majority of it and keep small as a future investment. Rest all are sold immediately considering the btc price volatility and its future in respective country.

just like me, I will hold it before reaching the desired target and just how much or a small part I sell in when I really need the money, because I think the bitcoin increase will increase .. but it is difficult to predict because the rise or fall it will happens, but I hope it will end up with stable and tetao at high prices.
A lot of people are saying different on this point but no one is giving a good answer about it because different people have saying different. But main idea behind is that if you need money then definitely you want to sell it but it’s better to hold your currency until you are earning a reasonable profit till that day. And according to my point of view you should earn maxim double profit before selling your coin.

I agree with you that as long as you want the money, that is the time to sell your coins in exchange of fiat or when there is another source of income that you can invest it with fiat money. If you have some money and bitcoin is just a side endeavor, better hold because we are still going high.
Activity: 357
Merit: 102
December 18, 2017, 09:24:52 AM
I sell at regular intervals whenever I get btc and keep in mind x% of profit. Whenever it reaches that I sell of majority of it and keep small as a future investment. Rest all are sold immediately considering the btc price volatility and its future in respective country.

just like me, I will hold it before reaching the desired target and just how much or a small part I sell in when I really need the money, because I think the bitcoin increase will increase .. but it is difficult to predict because the rise or fall it will happens, but I hope it will end up with stable and tetao at high prices.
A lot of people are saying different on this point but no one is giving a good answer about it because different people have saying different. But main idea behind is that if you need money then definitely you want to sell it but it’s better to hold your currency until you are earning a reasonable profit till that day. And according to my point of view you should earn maxim double profit before selling your coin.
Pages:
Jump to: