Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 42. (Read 52126 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 105
September 28, 2017, 03:21:23 PM
i usually sell my coins coming from a campaign as soon as they pay me but my investment coins are different stories, i usually markup up to 25% of the price when i bought it but it depends on the market of the coin since usually it does not reach that markup, so i tend to get from atleast between 18% to 23%.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
September 28, 2017, 03:13:11 PM
About 10 to 20%. I have a big capital so that I just need a smart percentage to earn profit. However, sometimes when I make a good analysis, I can hold my coin when it gets more than %100 too. Learning trading will give you more chance to predict the market and how people are thinking about this coin. When the volume goes up, it means that there is a big chance that the coin will be dumped or dumped

How do you plan to enter the market again after you sell your valuable assets only for 10% profit? If you make this profit by saving your main capital inside the coins, this is successful, otherwise, not.
Activity: 672
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 28, 2017, 03:02:07 PM
For now I can not determine when the right time to sell the bitcoin I have. yes I say like that because at this time sometimes the economic circumstances in my life that is not yet stable so I had to sell bitcoin that I have at the time that is not right. at the moment I do not really care about the price that is going down when I have to sell the bitcoin I have that matters to me is I can overcome an economic problem that I face today. indeed this is a bad action that I should not do but I further think realistically that must be a priority in my life that I must be able to overcome a problem about the economy that I face. but I'm sure after I can solve the economic problems in my life then I will save all my bitcoin assets for a long time.
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
September 28, 2017, 02:07:59 PM
About 10 to 20%. I have a big capital so that I just need a smart percentage to earn profit. However, sometimes when I make a good analysis, I can hold my coin when it gets more than %100 too. Learning trading will give you more chance to predict the market and how people are thinking about this coin. When the volume goes up, it means that there is a big chance that the coin will be dumped or dumped
Activity: 98
Merit: 11
Trusted Token & Confidence System.
September 28, 2017, 12:57:54 PM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

What I do is this. I research as much as possible. I also don't trade on hype. People will try to get you to sell by posting messages on Twitter. Don't react to that. If you're looking to tech trade it then watch it and analyze it. Buy the dip. I never buy on the upward swing. I wait and buy the dip but mostly I buy and HODL. Has worked well so far. Not to say that i haven't lost a little. I have but stay calm when you see others dumping. Watch and analyze.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
September 28, 2017, 11:52:18 AM
my goal is to sell at 15/20% of the price i've bought.. still learning alt coins, for now not confortable with these
Activity: 252
September 28, 2017, 11:49:09 AM
I would sell my coin when i see the price is about 20-40% up. Never i sell my coin with low rate.I know in crypto there are no loss if i hold them and if those coin is good coin.I am holding a lot of crypto and sell them when i can see the one coin is listed here (gainers) https://coinmarketcap.com/gainers-losers/ .
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
September 28, 2017, 11:38:16 AM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

I dont ever sell. The ony time i sell is when I get into an ICO and it goes x3-x10 higher. I will then sell my initial investment and have a free bag of coins.

You are a newbie here and how long you being in the business of cypto currency? As per the message you seems to be investing from couple of years if that is the case then you are very late on this forum i think so. Hope the coins you hold would have given you return and worth today a lot.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
September 28, 2017, 11:35:34 AM
Obviously if there is loss occurring then I will stop the trade immediately. I do not do much of the trading but when I go there then I will go for quick trades only. I don't get involved too much into it because it's not my type of earning. I will get anxious always and will sell like anything but not worth doing. Lols. So I know my limits or how can I perform in there. Also if it comes to very good coin then there are chances that I will fill the order for longer time and unless until it gets me 20% or so kind of profit. If it's loss side that's appearing then I will stop it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
September 28, 2017, 11:25:20 AM

I dont ever sell. The ony time i sell is when I get into an ICO and it goes x3-x10 higher. I will then sell my initial investment and have a free bag of coins.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
September 28, 2017, 08:30:03 AM
of course I will consider with the advantages gained, more carefully in observing the movement. very unfortunate when selling at a falling price.

That's the most import part when to sell is when we are able to gain. I'm not going to sell just to cut my losses as I really hate that to happen to me anymore. I did felt on how bad to cut your losses when you are lack of knowledge and experience in this type of trade. But afterwards when you get enough information, knowledge and experience in this trade. You'll only sell if there's a need and when you gain.
Activity: 555
Merit: 252
September 28, 2017, 08:05:11 AM

Whenever you buy a coin, always set your target profit and when will you cut loss. It depends on what is your target profit, depending on what your TAs is, or what did others say. But if you will decide, 5-10% profit will do for a short term trading. And if you are a long term trader, 100% and above.
I am highly in favor of setting your limits, whenever you are limitless there are maximum chances of experiencing great losses. Setting a target and then working to achieve them gives proper direction to your efforts and hard work. I always sell my bitcoins after I have reached my targets and I am happy for reaching my targets with bitcoins.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
September 28, 2017, 08:03:08 AM
I will soon sell when the price has gone up do not wait anymore because the price in the market can go down is not clear, and when the price drops it must quickly buy back in more quantities. then we can get more profit.
The important thing is that we can benefit when we sell Bitcoin. Because whatever the condition as long as we can get a profit margin then selling is a wise choice in my opinion. Due to the current uncertain situation we can not determine the direction of the bitcoin price movement. Prices may increase and may also decline rapidly. So it's better to take the safe way and also not to take risks.

that is right. I think with the recent fast moving or volatility of bitcoin prices, it is ideal to just target just a small percentage of gains like 3-5% because this way, you can easily achieve this and can be saved once the coin's price goes hard low after just a slight increase.
Don’t be at least this much silly with bitcoins. We all know that bitcoins are the most trusted and popular currency in the world not only in terms of international currency but also in context of producing big profits.

Earning profit of just 3% to 5% is very shameful if you are working with bitcoins because they can make you earn 100% profit as well.
Activity: 392
September 28, 2017, 03:07:01 AM
Here I am again, when do you sell?
My answer is hold the most that you can, why? because the potential of bitcoin is not ever near from be reached. I dont want to sound like a religious wack but I would only sell in case of real emergency, treat Bitcoin like gold. After all it is digital gold.

I really agree, sell in an emergency and really for the important needs but sometimes we also need refreshing and sell some to go on vacation maybe when the price goes up so we have a big profit
Activity: 504
September 28, 2017, 01:54:26 AM
of course I will consider with the advantages gained, more carefully in observing the movement. very unfortunate when selling at a falling price.
Activity: 742
Merit: 255
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 28, 2017, 01:36:38 AM
Well, you only sell your coins when you have the price or profit that you had in mind, now if it doesn't meet with what you had in mind, then do not sell it yet, when you bought the coins you invested with, you did your research and based on that you placed your trust that it will make profit, for me its gonna be a dump or profit.

If you want to sell bitcoin before check the wallet, you we know the price. Bitcoin price is increasing you sell the bitcoin it is getting more profit. You sell your bitcoin 50% only done it sell your bitcoin full. If what you want to amount you will sell the bitcoin. It is helping to future life and you will invest your business process. Bitcoin price is always increasing. It is beneficial for your saving and sell.
Activity: 378
September 27, 2017, 08:30:47 PM
Well, you only sell your coins when you have the price or profit that you had in mind, now if it doesn't meet with what you had in mind, then do not sell it yet, when you bought the coins you invested with, you did your research and based on that you placed your trust that it will make profit, for me its gonna be a dump or profit.
Activity: 546
Merit: 258
I could either watch it happen or be a part of it
September 27, 2017, 04:54:03 PM
It seems that 10% for sales transactions is quite high, I think 2-5% get a big enough profit although it can be done on a regular basis may be better.

Thats what im thinking from the start that I've started trading (well my basis is from 25%-30%) but you can rarely get the coin make the price that high. I will read some books about trading if I do have time and some techniques in wallstreet. Making it a regular basis is hard for me especially when you have some affairs in the real world.

It depends upon the profit I made but I used to hold as long as possible because in long term we can make some decent amount of the money because the price of Bitcoin is kept increasing, so in future, the value of altcoin will also increase.

Im doing this in the major chains like monero, bat and ethereum, bitcoin. This coins is quite expensive so not everyone can afford it that easy. BTC is  my greatest win by the way, almost 2000% raised just on 2015.
Activity: 238
🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading
September 27, 2017, 04:27:05 PM
I often try to take out my initial investment in a project when it has seen decent growth (decent being relative to how strong I see the project) and I will keep assessing the to look for fundamental changes. After the initial investment is taken out, I will often let the profits ride. If the coin reaches top 20, i often consider scaling out to look for new projects that are undervalued. Saying this, i have several top 20 coins in my long term portfolio.
Activity: 544
Merit: 507
September 27, 2017, 04:18:22 PM
Here I am again, when do you sell?
My answer is hold the most that you can, why? because the potential of bitcoin is not ever near from be reached. I dont want to sound like a religious wack but I would only sell in case of real emergency, treat Bitcoin like gold. After all it is digital gold.
Pages:
Jump to: