Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 37. (Read 52126 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027
October 16, 2017, 03:35:17 PM
I dont see the price when selling i just work for bitcoin and earn and keep them safely in desktop wallet when ever i am in need of fiat currency for my expenses i just convert bitcoin to fiat currency and use it. balance i just keep for long term
Activity: 1344
Merit: 565
October 16, 2017, 03:17:39 PM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?
I Usually sell them if it reached to certain percentage like 20-40% higher from the beginning.

I will try to avoid my mindset about huge expectation. I know it is very Hard to predict the market about High or Low value
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
October 16, 2017, 01:45:07 PM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

I do sell my coins/investments when it reached my target percentage usually my target is 30-50% of total investment. So when it reached 30%-50% i will sell it and the re invest it.
Well, and I think you will need to wait for a long time until your goal is complete, hope you divide the capital appropriately, should not focus on one place, that will make you miss many investment opportunities that can help you make a lot of money. Personally, I usually divide the capital into 2 parts, one part that I use to hold the altcoin potential for a long time, and I usually determine the price I will sell before I buy, the rest is I use to trading day and trading in the short term, normally, my target is 5-10% of total investment, this is a pretty safe figure
Do you not invest into Bitcoin for long term as potential altcoin? Because the future of altcoin and the future of Bitcoin are related, if Bitcoin grow more in future, the ecosystem of altcoins also have benefit from Bitcoin and reverse.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 16, 2017, 01:17:49 PM
I often go (but it's not recommended) with my guts. When I feel I've done the best profit then I go for a sell. Serious traders would probably use TA to have the best sell point but it's very hard to be accurate
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
October 16, 2017, 12:29:43 PM

I do sell my coins/investments when it reached my target percentage usually my target is 30-50% of total investment. So when it reached 30%-50% i will sell it and the re invest it.
Well, and I think you will need to wait for a long time until your goal is complete, hope you divide the capital appropriately, should not focus on one place, that will make you miss many investment opportunities that can help you make a lot of money. Personally, I usually divide the capital into 2 parts, one part that I use to hold the altcoin potential for a long time, and I usually determine the price I will sell before I buy, the rest is I use to trading day and trading in the short term, normally, my target is 5-10% of total investment, this is a pretty safe figure
Activity: 826
Merit: 111
October 16, 2017, 12:18:40 PM
unless you really have to sell, don't do it. I understand if you want to sell because you need immediately money for some IMPORTANT reason (and by important I don't mean by the newest iPhoneX or the newest laptop) something like a medical need, drugs, family issues/support - these are important reasons to sell your BTC. If you can avoid it don't do it - but if one of the before mentioned occured, you are more than justified to liquidate your entire holding in order to help your loved ones, or youself
Now it is not the right time to sell your bitcoins though you may be in need of money. The value is kept increasing.. The hard fork would be November. The value may increase further more. Better sell after November when you see a increased price.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
October 16, 2017, 11:27:39 AM
unless you really have to sell, don't do it. I understand if you want to sell because you need immediately money for some IMPORTANT reason (and by important I don't mean by the newest iPhoneX or the newest laptop) something like a medical need, drugs, family issues/support - these are important reasons to sell your BTC. If you can avoid it don't do it - but if one of the before mentioned occured, you are more than justified to liquidate your entire holding in order to help your loved ones, or youself
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
October 16, 2017, 10:29:27 AM
Only at all time highs but I try to never sell. It's best to keep your stash growing so that the fiat value can grow exponentially each year.
If we can keep our bitcoins longer the better because the value continues to grow, we have to think more on our goal so we will not be tempted to sell. We always have a chance to sell and make profit but we should aim more because bitcoin is destine to be great and that means the price will rise substantially as it continue to be in the circulation.

As what a good friend of mine told me about selling bitcoin, he said that diversification still applies and should be your guiding principles regardless of the up and down of bitcoin prices. Now, that diversification he was referring to was that if your only investment is bitcoin, you can at least diversify it by taking a certain percentage purposely to cashout and the retain the rest.
Activity: 544
Merit: 507
October 16, 2017, 09:07:35 AM
Basic trading rules tell us that we must sell in clear level of resistance.
Remember that in up trends a bull must know that every resistance level broken is a new level of support.
If you want to learn more about trading I recommend you to take a look to investopedia.com

If you know spanish I recommend you the following youtube.com channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwRyuymH_UBHrTSs8KO638w

good luck
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
October 16, 2017, 06:38:15 AM
Only at all time highs but I try to never sell. It's best to keep your stash growing so that the fiat value can grow exponentially each year.
If we can keep our bitcoins longer the better because the value continues to grow, we have to think more on our goal so we will not be tempted to sell. We always have a chance to sell and make profit but we should aim more because bitcoin is destine to be great and that means the price will rise substantially as it continue to be in the circulation.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
October 16, 2017, 04:16:04 AM
I sold today hope it wasnt panic sell but charts looking not good and market also.
Standard only, I will sell it periodically (when the prices is going up).
This is my strategy and I do this after doing the analysis in several markets and reading news online, Only then did I make a decision.

It was really hard to wait but i think it will be worth since the value in the market is now increasing again from the tragedy dealt of ico's in the china being banned. People and company who invest last month gained 100% profit today since the price go back to normal again.

I feel you mate - it is really not that easy to be patient to wait to sell your altcoins especially with the prevailing reds and bad news against cryptocurrencies but it is worthy of noting that the more patient we become the more rewarding will it be. Just like what Warren Buffet said that the one who will be going to earn more in cryptocurrency world will be the one having most patience...
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
October 14, 2017, 11:12:37 PM
Activity: 364
Blockchain with VTOS energy
October 14, 2017, 11:11:04 PM
I sold today hope it wasnt panic sell but charts looking not good and market also.
This is my strategy and I do this after doing the analysis in several markets and reading news online, Only then did I make a decision.

It was really hard to wait but i think it will be worth since the value in the market is now increasing again from the tragedy dealt of ico's in the china being banned. People and company who invest last month gained 100% profit today since the price go back to normal again.
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
October 14, 2017, 10:42:11 PM
Activity: 165
October 14, 2017, 09:49:06 PM
You let go when the prices are at it's peak and buy back at low prices. That's how it should be. It's hard to predict the peak but there are signs. Usually, in bitcoins, there are plenty of signs, like sudden rise without justification and all altcoins are going down. Then that is the time to sell and buy alt coins.

That is interesting, because Bitcoin and Altcoin does have a relation with each other, especially their price
Activity: 96
Merit: 15
October 14, 2017, 09:13:59 PM

Activity: 364
October 13, 2017, 08:15:09 AM

I will sell if I have earned a profit of at least 5% but if I need funding for an emergency I will soon sell it even if there is little profit I get, so it all depends on the conditions and situation
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
October 12, 2017, 04:33:50 PM
I sold some of my coins today when I saw price above $5k as I think this was the best price for me to sell my bitcoins in order to get higher profits as I bought my coins at very low price in the past and now I am holding some coins in my wallet and will sell at the end of the year as most of the users are speculating that it will touch the price of $7k to $8k at the time of Christmas.
Activity: 192
October 12, 2017, 04:20:47 PM
When TA indicators tells me so.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
October 12, 2017, 04:10:50 PM
well, it's hard to give a definite answer to your question. For example if the currency has no good ideas, etc., for example, I growth expect it will not. Also it is affected by news about a particular currency in the market cryptocurrency

To be honest, your interpretation is really hard to understand. but I know that if a coin comes from a project that does not have a good idea it will not grow, and we should sell it soon.
Pages:
Jump to: