Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 39. (Read 52126 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
October 05, 2017, 02:45:51 PM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

I always sell whenever the price is high, because who wants to have a little profit? I have a lot of patience so I can wait for a long time, I can hold that coin for a long time as pong as their value do not meet my expectations. Besides I don't have a lot of things to spend money with so I'm just keeping my coins and sell it when the price grow. And that thing make me rich, I'm not that rich yet but I know that if I just continue this thing I can became a millionaire.
i have never sell my bitcoins instead of selling my bitcoins i'm buying more and more bitcoins because i want to be a rich in leaps and bounds and bitcoins are there to help me because the values of bitcoins are increasing.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
October 05, 2017, 09:49:25 AM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

Of course I will sell my bitcoin when price is very high value.If I have a choice to save bitcoin I will do because its very big profit in the future.Its really exciting to have bitcoin just like my sister shes very happy when she saw the price is very expensive.Shes very excited to  know the price is very high.Storing bitcoin is the best way to be rich.
Activity: 322
October 05, 2017, 09:47:20 AM
Sailing is just a matter of what every body's needs,
For me it's better to sell if in needed and if the value of coins will bigger.

As long as I trust bitcoin I can kept my earnings so that it will saved and convert it if the price is higher than I expected.

Ecactly. When you're not dependant on the selling some coins for your living, it's best to keep the until they reached the value you expected.
Until then, you only need to hold your coins in a safe place. From there you can always move them fast to an exchange if you want to sell some, but for me personally, I prefer holding them until the market cap of crypto reaches a 200.000$. I don't think that's an unimaginable number Wink
Activity: 170
Merit: 46
October 05, 2017, 09:44:24 AM
Sailing is just a matter of what every body's needs,
For me it's better to sell if in needed and if the value of coins will bigger.

As long as I trust bitcoin I can kept my earnings so that it will saved and convert it if the price is higher than I expected.
Activity: 406
▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰
October 05, 2017, 09:03:26 AM

If someday i earn bitcoins in my wallet,i want to hoard it and when the time the market value will increase  that the time i sell my bitcoin,if more demand in blockchain market the value of my stock  will be increase,more demand more bitcoins earns.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
October 05, 2017, 08:24:47 AM
of course I will consider with the advantages gained, more carefully in observing the movement. very unfortunate when selling at a falling price.

That's the most import part when to sell is when we are able to gain. I'm not going to sell just to cut my losses as I really hate that to happen to me anymore. I did felt on how bad to cut your losses when you are lack of knowledge and experience in this type of trade. But afterwards when you get enough information, knowledge and experience in this trade. You'll only sell if there's a need and when you gain.
Best strategy so far. You are absolutely right that there are much losses in your way if you are planning to go to infinity. There is no limit, there is no plan, chances are out of our box and loss is there to welcome you. So better it is to set your target margins and whenever you are achieving them, sell that at particular moment.

Activity: 756
Merit: 251
October 05, 2017, 06:35:51 AM

A certain target price is my usual basis. That is in satoshis basis. But it does not apply all the time. There are times when I try to target not price or value per token but within a certain duration. That means hodling for some time. Most of the time, this strategy of mine is for tokens that are cheap and are slowly moving.
MRY
Activity: 560
Merit: 109
October 05, 2017, 06:26:52 AM
I usually sell when I gain 5-20% of the profits from the altcoin business. I think if I did not sell at the time then surely the altcoin would drop because the whale and the investor would sell very quickly.

I am even ok with 3% gain because it gives me confidence and a sense of assurance everytime my tradingview gets notifications that I have just earned 3%. With .5 btc, in each trade, getting 3% gain is god enough but when your bankroll is small, you really can't appreceiate much your earnings..

Well with how the market is moving today, with some uncertainties of how the exchanges in china will unfold, even a 5% profit would be good enough for me. That's for trading alts as i'm holding to my btcs for better or for worse
I always appreciate having a target percentage of profits when you are trading and especially if you are doing with bitcoins.

You need to be very sensible when involved in trading since trading is pretty risky and the market fluctuates all the time. No need to be greedy and miss the chance of earning good money just by dreaming for bigger one.

true and preferably if we already get any profit even if a little is okay if want to sell and do not forget to be grateful with what we have
Activity: 532
Merit: 280
October 05, 2017, 04:52:39 AM
I always do is if i have altcoin i always set the amount to sell when it already reach it will automatically sold, by doing that i do not need to always monitor the value of coins in the exchanged wherey altcoin putted.

But in bitcoin when i see the value is continuous increasing and i think it is alreadynon the higher value i sell it then waiting for the dump of price before i buy bitcoin again. Take note i have money in fiat and bitcoin what ever happens i could sell or buy bitcoin.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
October 05, 2017, 04:37:51 AM
Sell it at the right target, dont be too greedy.
Sell at the right time,
Real right time, it is not  a right tome to sell now.

HODL now.
Or buy more.
Activity: 243
Merit: 101
October 04, 2017, 11:40:57 AM

It is some time advisable to set of profit that you want achieve in your trading, because that will guide you to stick to your money management rule to avoid loses. There is need to equally have a percentage for stop loss.
Yep! It is always nice and safe to set a target to be cashed with your coin otherwise you are totally unaware of the fact whether you are in loss or profit. Calculations are very important in business. It is good and effective strategy to sell off coins when they are not touching target prices for long time but still are at high prices.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 04, 2017, 10:38:15 AM
Also it depends on the period of time, which you can affort to invest your money. Of course it is better to invest into heavy coins like bitcoin or etherium for long time.
Right. And that is quite less riskier than playing with lesser altcoins. Though as i've always said, as long as you're selling with profit, that should be good enough. Don't mind waiting even for an extended time. Patience is everything with trading
Activity: 532
Merit: 103
October 04, 2017, 09:38:06 AM
Also it depends on the period of time, which you can affort to invest your money. Of course it is better to invest into heavy coins like bitcoin or etherium for long time.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
October 04, 2017, 08:00:25 AM
It depends on coin. If i don't trust dev, i will sell increase %10. If i trust them, i won't sell maybe one year.
Follow the projects ann topics Smiley
The brief answer for this is that we sell it when we think that it will give profit. This is obvious that when we buy something we always want to sell it in profit. And we also know that bitcoin keep on increasing its value day by day and when I see that it has got much value get enough profit I sell them.
Activity: 219
October 04, 2017, 07:42:45 AM
Sell when the price is right! Hehehe! That will be an awesome move! Sell when the market is not panicking and when it's all time high!
The best time to sell your bitcoins is never indeed .this is because they have really variable value and you could not predict the future. How if you have sold them today and the next day, the market rates shot up to an unexpected level. This is the thing need to be understood by most of the bitcoin holders that all you require is to keep them with you as long as it is possible to overcome your needs via some other way.
Activity: 659
October 04, 2017, 04:31:57 AM
Here I am again, when do you sell?
My answer is hold the most that you can, why? because the potential of bitcoin is not ever near from be reached. I dont want to sound like a religious wack but I would only sell in case of real emergency, treat Bitcoin like gold. After all it is digital gold.

I really agree, sell in an emergency and really for the important needs but sometimes we also need refreshing and sell some to go on vacation maybe when the price goes up so we have a big profit
Making this decision of when to sell is very much important and carries a significant importance especially in deciding the amount of profit you are going to earn. I personally do not sell my Bitcoins but when I do, I make sure that I get at least 50% profit over each Bitcoin. The amount of profit indeed varies from person to person.

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
October 04, 2017, 03:06:42 AM
I will soon sell when the price has gone up do not wait anymore because the price in the market can go down is not clear, and when the price drops it must quickly buy back in more quantities. then we can get more profit.
The important thing is that we can benefit when we sell Bitcoin. Because whatever the condition as long as we can get a profit margin then selling is a wise choice in my opinion. Due to the current uncertain situation we can not determine the direction of the bitcoin price movement. Prices may increase and may also decline rapidly. So it's better to take the safe way and also not to take risks.

that is right. I think with the recent fast moving or volatility of bitcoin prices, it is ideal to just target just a small percentage of gains like 3-5% because this way, you can easily achieve this and can be saved once the coin's price goes hard low after just a slight increase.
Don’t be at least this much silly with bitcoins. We all know that bitcoins are the most trusted and popular currency in the world not only in terms of international currency but also in context of producing big profits.

Earning profit of just 3% to 5% is very shameful if you are working with bitcoins because they can make you earn 100% profit as well.
We must have some valid reason behind all of our actions. If there is some urgent need and no money is in wallets, it will be wise to sell out one's own asset instead of borrowing from others. Actually, we are doing savings for such situations also. What good it would be if we have to beg others?  Everyone has his own nature. For example, you like travelling but I prefer staying at home but an outing is good.

Definitely, savings are done to meet your all of sudden monetary needs. We all are taught to save money for sudden misfortunes because we all know that we can anytime go bankrupt by getting fired from day job etc.

So it is wise to have some money to be used under such circumstances. Bitcoin are that’s why cherished by so many people because they can utilize them in their financial crisis easily.
Activity: 910
Merit: 260
October 03, 2017, 01:50:52 PM

I always sell whenever the price is high, because who wants to have a little profit? I have a lot of patience so I can wait for a long time, I can hold that coin for a long time as pong as their value do not meet my expectations. Besides I don't have a lot of things to spend money with so I'm just keeping my coins and sell it when the price grow. And that thing make me rich, I'm not that rich yet but I know that if I just continue this thing I can became a millionaire.

Yeah correct you watch the price list when is price increases after you sell the bitcoin. It really helps your profit. Bitcoin price is changing day by day it will check the price any time. You must know the price is increased or dickers it must for the process development. If prices low you hold it. Which time price is increased then you will sell. You check the wallet day by day for the price information
Activity: 265
October 03, 2017, 10:27:20 AM

Activity: 126
October 03, 2017, 08:50:25 AM
Here I am again, when do you sell?
My answer is hold the most that you can, why? because the potential of bitcoin is not ever near from be reached. I dont want to sound like a religious wack but I would only sell in case of real emergency, treat Bitcoin like gold. After all it is digital gold.

bitcoin is for emergency if you really need money and then you can sell it if you wreck your money then you will use the emergency because that's your source of money.
Pages:
Jump to: