Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 64. (Read 52126 times)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100
July 12, 2017, 07:52:20 PM
No option for sell no.
too red.

HODL.
Only HODL.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
July 12, 2017, 07:31:07 PM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?
It depends on your goal and the strategy you are comfortable with. If you're trading just for short term, eqrning like 5% profit is enough. However if you're a risk taker, earning 50% profit is enough.
yes everyone has to take their own decision and my decision will be to hold for long long time, because bitcoin price has a very good potential and its price will continue increase from time to time. therefore holding bitcoin for long term will be a good decision.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 332
July 12, 2017, 10:04:24 AM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

I'm also a newbie on crytoworld trading however, base on my knowledge it is better to sell you stock when it is on pump stage. By that way you can guarantee that you will get a higher profit. And even though I am newbie still I have a little background on it hence, I know the basic rules and tips in this kind of transaction.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
July 12, 2017, 09:52:04 AM
You sell when you feel like selling. Or, if you planned your trade and had a target price in mind, you buy or sell when it hits that price.  Grin
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
July 12, 2017, 09:03:00 AM
The most important rule which i should always follow is only sell when I'm in a profit otherwise i will hold it for weeks. I will only sell in profit when i see a better trading opportunity or a good ico as i invest a lot in ico and have normally tripled my initial investment. I will only sell in a loss if i require funds in my offline life.

Yes, agree. And ideally never invest money that you need to be liquid - so you have the option of being able to wait for it.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
July 12, 2017, 08:28:34 AM
In the started, i have sold my bitcoins time to time and i have gain profit from them 30% near about. But now in the start of this year 2017, bitcoin price has gone up then i left the idea to sell the bitcoin. In this time, i have decided to make more profit and that the reason i would hold my bitcoins for a long time. 
Activity: 784
Merit: 115
July 12, 2017, 06:00:27 AM
Percentage is a good basis for selling. I also go by percentage most of the time. But depending on the market and a certain alt, sometimes the call to sell even if the percentage is not yet reached is a safe exit.

I also hold some, not minding whether it rises up high on percentage or went down several folds. I intended to hold them for several months.

Price is going down now so instead of holding it its better to sell some of them now and if price goes more lower in coming days then that would be the good time to buy some bitcoins as holding now is risky as price can crash even more in coming days.

I don't quite agree dude. Some of us here already are below the entry point if we sell now. With the price plunging, i think it would be better to just hold on and if possible to buy and add more btcs. Take advantage of the decline instead of panicking and selling.

holding bitcoin is a good option if we are buy in high price and we can buy more bitcoin while the price is down like now. we don't have to selling right now and we need to be patience while we are waiting the result of august 1st. many of traders is waiting and wanting that the price is back to increase into high price.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 12, 2017, 05:39:09 AM
Percentage is a good basis for selling. I also go by percentage most of the time. But depending on the market and a certain alt, sometimes the call to sell even if the percentage is not yet reached is a safe exit.

I also hold some, not minding whether it rises up high on percentage or went down several folds. I intended to hold them for several months.

Price is going down now so instead of holding it its better to sell some of them now and if price goes more lower in coming days then that would be the good time to buy some bitcoins as holding now is risky as price can crash even more in coming days.

I don't quite agree dude. Some of us here already are below the entry point if we sell now. With the price plunging, i think it would be better to just hold on and if possible to buy and add more btcs. Take advantage of the decline instead of panicking and selling.
Activity: 910
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 12, 2017, 03:34:21 AM

It depends on your goal and the strategy you are comfortable with. If you're trading just for short term, eqrning like 5% profit is enough. However if you're a risk taker, earning 50% profit is enough.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
July 12, 2017, 12:15:47 AM

Activity: 1848
Merit: 601
The Martian Child
July 11, 2017, 11:33:22 PM

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
July 11, 2017, 10:38:04 PM
No one knows for sure about increase or decrease in bitcoin prices. And now bitcoin price has decreased when compared to current price bitcoin price yesterday about $ 2286.2675.maybe time to buy bitcoin.

Wait for few more days and you will see more decline in the price so I would suggest you not to buy now and wait for next couple of days and may be price will go below $2k in coming days and that price would be the perfect to buy more bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094
July 11, 2017, 10:12:31 PM
No one knows for sure about increase or decrease in bitcoin prices. And now bitcoin price has decreased when compared to current price bitcoin price yesterday about $ 2286.2675.maybe time to buy bitcoin.
Activity: 315
Merit: 255
July 11, 2017, 09:10:52 PM
The most important rule which i should always follow is only sell when I'm in a profit otherwise i will hold it for weeks. I will only sell in profit when i see a better trading opportunity or a good ico as i invest a lot in ico and have normally tripled my initial investment. I will only sell in a loss if i require funds in my offline life.

I completely agree with you that sell for loss only if you are in urgent need of money or else hold them until its not giving you good profits and holding too long is also risky as you never know when price will crash so better to sell them off when its giving you good profits and buy them back at lower price.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
July 10, 2017, 08:07:33 PM

I love the simplicity of your goal. This should always be the case to just keep on holding when the price is going down because it will rise soon and if there are some shark pumping it in few minutes, you will even profit bigger. Just do an open sell position and just wait until when it will be sold out. However, if you need money for something, you can just sell it even at lost and try again next time.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
July 10, 2017, 12:53:48 PM
July 10, 2017, 10:40:35 AM
It depends on your entry price, you can sell when in profit, or when you need it. I advocate holding for as long as possible, but yes, one has to sell it all at some point.

There are others, including me, that even before I buy altcoins, I already have set in plan on how much price until I sell it. Basically what I am doing is that, every time I buy altcoins, I will automatically make an open sell position to sell those coins.
Yes it is a good plan and I am sure a trader definitely implement such a plan and will not panic when the price goes down because him already believes the price will rise again.

That is correct mate. It is just a matter of time and patience - never be affected with emotions and price increase and decrease because everything will settle in its place and will go up and down no matter what - you just have to buy low and sell high. Easier said than done, but it is true.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
July 10, 2017, 09:53:15 AM
It depends on your entry price, you can sell when in profit, or when you need it. I advocate holding for as long as possible, but yes, one has to sell it all at some point.

There are others, including me, that even before I buy altcoins, I already have set in plan on how much price until I sell it. Basically what I am doing is that, every time I buy altcoins, I will automatically make an open sell position to sell those coins.
Yes it is a good plan and I am sure a trader definitely implement such a plan and will not panic when the price goes down because him already believes the price will rise again.
July 10, 2017, 09:39:21 AM

Activity: 602
Merit: 265
July 10, 2017, 09:15:49 AM
Pages:
Jump to: