Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 60. (Read 52126 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 258
July 26, 2017, 10:36:52 PM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

for me just sell your holding coin if you have a 10% up profit then wait until dump then buy again
to earn more coin
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
July 26, 2017, 10:26:12 PM
Not sure if this is a good idea but I buy whenever something is -25% or around there and sell when it increases a few percentage
The fact is that for the time being, no one is trying to trade at full strength. All in anticipation of August 1. The fact that the whole belly, too, can go in the hands of those people who have planned to buy a crypto currency cheaply. I think that this will happen soon.
but i think that those people who are feeling reluctant to trade bitcoin, they mostly invest their bitcoin into altcoin where they also have good chances to make money as a lot of good potential crypto currencies are there to trade.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
July 26, 2017, 06:58:33 PM
Not sure if this is a good idea but I buy whenever something is -25% or around there and sell when it increases a few percentage

It's a good idea to buy when there's a negative in the charts and I guess this week is on it already. I don't know if it's possible to see it again back at $1,800 so you should buy when you are comfortable of seeing the price at dip. Just don't sell today or you will regret for selling too early. I'll possible sell before the end of the year.
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
July 26, 2017, 06:24:03 PM
The fact is that for the time being, no one is trying to trade at full strength. All in anticipation of August 1. The fact that the whole belly, too, can go in the hands of those people who have planned to buy a crypto currency cheaply. I think that this will happen soon.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
July 26, 2017, 04:34:15 PM
Simple actually I sell when the price is high and I buy when the price is cheap

And today it's up to you if you want to sell, I find the price now as high because I started bitcoining when the price was less than $600. But it's also better to keep on holding.

So I get the profit from the difference between the sale and purchase

It's trading this is on how we are getting profit, the difference from the buy and sell rate. Of course we will sell if the selling rate is higher than we bought it.
That’s pretty obvious. Only a dump will sell off bitcoins at price higher than that at which he bought coins. Everyone wants to make profit with bitcoins and the easiest way is to take them out of wallet when prices are quite high. I personally prefer to hold onto bitcoins when they are dumping and cash them out when prices are on way to moon.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
July 26, 2017, 11:34:42 AM
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
July 26, 2017, 10:53:23 AM
If the bitcoin price in the market is growing up, I will sell most of my bitcoin before August 1 because I was worry regarding to the segwit happen. But I was believe to the potential of bitcoin in market

if the coin has been reached my target value in the market, i dont want to have a very big profit even a small or an enough one is only my goal, better not to have a big profit rather than doesnt selling it when it is the right time.
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
July 26, 2017, 10:12:00 AM
If the bitcoin price in the market is growing up, I will sell most of my bitcoin before August 1 because I was worry regarding to the segwit happen. But I was believe to the potential of bitcoin in market
Activity: 1204
July 26, 2017, 08:28:34 AM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

Aiming for a certain percentage is actually a way to earn profits in trading. Some people use it. If they meet a certain percentage already they will sell. However, you should be aiming for a moderate percentage. Otherwise, you will be caught with a rollercoaster ride as prices are always going up and down.
Some people have a goal to sell the coins, or bitcoins they have when the price reaches a certain percentage. Well, even I do that too. Because if not like that, it might just be the losses we get.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
July 26, 2017, 08:18:45 AM

Aiming for a certain percentage is actually a way to earn profits in trading. Some people use it. If they meet a certain percentage already they will sell. However, you should be aiming for a moderate percentage. Otherwise, you will be caught with a rollercoaster ride as prices are always going up and down.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
July 26, 2017, 08:12:15 AM

This "strategy" is really simple but i think everyone use it, as this is the easiest way to get profit from trading, you won't lose money if you sell for more than you bought for, problem is that sometimes you will have to wait days or even weeks to sell.

Personally i sell only when i am sure that i earn from it, it would be dumb to sell when you lose money, unless you know that this currency will crash or so.

It`s simple when we talk about it, trying to sell when price is on top and to buy on bottom is like mission impossible for most of us. I also sell when I`m in profit, many times I sold much before the top but that is because I`m not greedy to wait too much and lose what I already have.
When to sell is individual decision, that depends most of the fact how much is someone willing to risk. I`m not a risky trader, and I`m not long term holder, so when I see double price I`m preparing for selling.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 26, 2017, 07:54:34 AM

This "strategy" is really simple but i think everyone use it, as this is the easiest way to get profit from trading, you won't lose money if you sell for more than you bought for, problem is that sometimes you will have to wait days or even weeks to sell.

Personally i sell only when i am sure that i earn from it, it would be dumb to sell when you lose money, unless you know that this currency will crash or so.
Activity: 770
July 26, 2017, 07:36:50 AM
I do sell my coin using a particular percentage! I have find out that most of the indicators failed in give entry and exists signal. But if you are use -% for buying and positive percentage for selling you will hardly loses in cryptocurrency trading.
to me i  am also not going to sell my bitcoin. because i am also too much confident about the price of bitcoin that very soon it is going to cross its all time high price and even after that it will continue increasing. i am sure that after 1st August the price of bitcoin will become sky rocket and then people may not get chance to trade it in such a low price.
to me  i also have no strategy to sell my bitcoin . i am holding my bitcoin for a long time, may for more that 4 years. because i am sure that after 4 to 5 years the price of bitcoin will trading above 10000$ and at that time it will be giving me a good profit. therefore i have decided to hold bitcoin for a long time as i can.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
July 26, 2017, 03:40:58 AM
I do sell my coin using a particular percentage! I have find out that most of the indicators failed in give entry and exists signal. But if you are use -% for buying and positive percentage for selling you will hardly loses in cryptocurrency trading.
to me i  am also not going to sell my bitcoin. because i am also too much confident about the price of bitcoin that very soon it is going to cross its all time high price and even after that it will continue increasing. i am sure that after 1st August the price of bitcoin will become sky rocket and then people may not get chance to trade it in such a low price.
It would still depend if you're looking at the percemtage for you entry and exit points. I tried that with dgb a month or two ago. Bought when it was down -20% i think, around .00011, expecting that it now can't go any further, guess what? Dgb is now at almost .000007 and i'm forced to play a waiting game for an extended amount of time.
Activity: 630
July 25, 2017, 07:32:39 PM
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
July 25, 2017, 06:51:03 PM
I sell when I think the price has gone up more than its worth or when I generally need to. For bitcoin I diversify out into other alts and for altcoins I sell when it has risen too much for its potential.
Activity: 644
Merit: 255
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 25, 2017, 06:47:54 PM
It is obvious that the right time to sell our bitcoin is the price with high value, all people wants a big profit so they make sure to that. I think the butcoin user who sell in the low price has a finacial problem or have an emergency.

People always think a big profit so they wait the right time for that, you can observe the market to get the idea for the right time like the countries who want to invest, in this situation you have an idea for possibilty of huge profit. If not, hold the bitcoin and then wait again.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
July 25, 2017, 04:27:56 PM
you need to sell at a time when the price is high, and buy at a time when the onpay is low. Thanks to this strategy, you can easily multiply the number of coins.

Sherlock Holmes in the building! Jokes aside, the way you put it here makes it seem insanely easy, but the point is that you discard one very important aspect. It's how people deal with various market circumstances. If it was so easy, the majority of the people wouldn't be suffering from losses. People's emotions can change in an instant from positive to negative, and vice versa. I call people not being able to put aside their emotions when it comes to trading mentally unstable -- they should stay far away from anything having to do with trading or investing. That's the hard reality.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
July 25, 2017, 04:27:49 PM
i go with a % also.

but it is all in the speculation! you do some analysis, for example it can be TA and also combined with the news you get from here and there and then see how much rising potential the thing you've invested in has.

for example when you invest in an altcoin that has been at a fixed price for some time with a decent high volume (indicating accumulation) and you find a news that can cause a rise, you can easily aim for a 100% profit in a couple of days and sell there.

another example is when you find an altcoin that is randomly getting pumped. or an altcoin that is big, like the top 10 coins, and see them rising, it is best to aim for a smaller % and dump there. for example it can be 5% to 15%

it is also based on your strategy. some people prefer a much longer investment so they aim for bigger % and some do more of a short term, day trading kind of thing and they aim for a smaller %.

**** and for bitcoin: i only buy and HODL Grin
I sell my bitcoin when the value of the bitcoin becomes higher than the value when I bought it.Because by that I can have my return in inveatment and the money that I used becomes twice or thrice.
today i sold some bigtcoin when the price was trading in 2740$ and we can see that the price is now really trading below 2400$ so i will now buy bitcoin again when the price of bitcoin will start raising again. i am sure that it will give me good profit.
Activity: 277
Merit: 100
I ❤ Mastern✿des
July 25, 2017, 04:05:14 PM
if you want to know about it, you'd better spend more time to learn about trading. There are many traders in my area know exactly the good time to sell all their coin and make a profit with it.

which strategies are traders in your area using to know exactly the good time to sell and profit?

I would like to spend more time learning the strategies that work well
Pages:
Jump to: