Pages:
Author

Topic: When luxury becomes a necessity. - page 11. (Read 1713 times)

Activity: 2506
Merit: 628
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
March 07, 2024, 07:02:04 PM
~
Well productiveness can also be enhanced if whatever you're using is comfortable to use and in general, most luxurious stuff can be the ones that'd give you said comfort. But there's a limit I say. It's to the level where buying stuff after a certain point of performance just doesn't mean anything since, well, it provides you with minimal increase in comparison to buying something on the bottom end. You can liken it I guess to the GPU market, upgrading from say 1050 to an RTX 3000 or even just 2000 is a huge upgrade. but moving from a 3000 to a 4000 just doesn't seem that worth it in most cases.

There's also the difference between luxurious stuff that is "useful" and, well, luxurious stuff. Stuff that are just plated with stuff that scream "I'm rich" just to showcase that, well, they're rich.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 6012
Decentralization Maximalist
March 07, 2024, 06:52:32 PM
There's a big difference between the terms "luxury" and "high quality" for me.

"High quality" items, like in your case your computer, are useful things which can enhance your productivity, like you write. I would still put Mac computers not in the "luxury" category, but just in the case of computers, there can be also cheaper items with similiar high-quality hardware which increase your productivity by a similar margin.

"Luxury" items instead are things which are very expensive and normally bought for "status" reasons. They can marginally add to your comfort but are normally not productivity-related. One could argue that if you work in a five-star-hotel while travelling can increase your productivity because of all its amenities, but usually a "high quality" service like a three/four star hotel will bring you the same benefits.
Activity: 154
Merit: 84
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 07, 2024, 06:43:50 PM
You know, there are people that look at certain things and they just conclude that because it's luxurious and expensive, it's not there thing at all. I once had that kind of mindset but with time I have learned that luxury could even make you more productive.

There are environment you will be exposed to and things you will use that will totally revamp your idea on wealth and aid you to work more effectively. As long as the luxurious stuff you're purchasing aids you to become more productive and comfortable, nothing should be too expensive to be bought for your comfort.

I've purchased a Mac laptop that's way expensive than the average laptops I could easily get but because I needed what will work well for the kind of job I do, I had to buy it and I must say that the fulfillment out ways the negative thought of not to purchasing it.

That's one factor that lead me to always go for high quality and luxurious stuff after that moment.

Have you bought something that people feel is rather too expensive and that you could have purchased a lower version of it? What was your inexperience like after that?
Pages:
Jump to: