Pages:
Author

Topic: When will smartphones used for bitcoin mining? - page 10. (Read 4835 times)

Activity: 139
Merit: 0
As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?

For more innovations in technology, I strongly love that idea..It is more handy for fanatic in cryptocurrency to have cellphone gadget as mining tool.. A lot of people will buy smartphones that can able to mine and stake.. I just hope that there's company that will invent the kind of a gadget..
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
I don't know when that will happen. I think it's very difficult to mine bitcoin with a smartphone. Because the mining rig alone is very difficult and takes a long time. So what if done with a smartphone. I don't think that will happen. But we don't know what technology will be present in the future.
With smartphones to exploit, it can hardly be long. Because components and equipment can not meet natural conditions. It needs other tools that can be exploited.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
The smartphones really have dto be well fortified with the required chips necessary to take the heat of the mining works. I do hope as technology advances more and more, the smartphones with added quality for mining will be designed for this cryptocurrency task and carried out with functional ease.
Activity: 111
Merit: 2
Smartphones are far too weak to generate any serious amount of cryptocurrency.  Even GPUs are barely making any money, only around 30 cents a day at most.
Activity: 196
That is true, we are doing more and more things with our smart phones. Also be able to pay with my phone instead of a credit card. Would be nice to use cryptocurrencies, instead of the card, with the nfc technology included. Smiley
copper member
Activity: 38
Merit: 2
Specifically talking bitcoin - You will never see mining support. The Ledgers and Hash power needed outweigh even most GPU's for it to be profitable let alone a modern smartphone. I know some Altcoins can be mined with smart phones however most app store policies are changing to not provide support for these programs anymore
Activity: 210
Merit: 3
I think there's already some coin that can be mined using smartphone but i don't think that's a good thing to do as smartphone isn't built for mining. Smartphone isn't powerful enough so you will only get a small amount of hash and the chance of your phone breaking is definitely bigger than the earning that you can get.
Activity: 308
i think this ideaa could potentially happen, who knows with our technology nowadays nothing is impossible we just need to wait and keep our hopes high for this idea to come to life, as for a digital hardware wallet you cn just simply download an cryptocurrecy wallet on your smart phone.
Activity: 378
Recently i don't see any major update from the community whether when they are going to launch the Mobile Mining for Bitcoin, it is not an easy job to integrate them with the mobile and most of the mobile operators will not support it.
Activity: 253
As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?
Thats impossible to happen smartphone only is a light gadget and it proccesor is limited and capacity. Only rig equipment can do a bitcoin mining. But I will also favor to youre hope so that the smartohone would become a mini rig.
Activity: 58
I don't think so. Yes, smartphones are designed to be as portable 'computers', but the processing power is just insufficient to gain any profit from mining. It is well designed to perform simple tasks such as capturing images, sending SMS and all that stuff but focusing on the processing power will render your phone useless and won't be able to do what you're 'supposed to do' with a smartphone. The battery will also likely to exceed its limit temperature and the total casing of the phone is another limitation as there is not enough space and peripherals to dissipate the heat generated, reulting in maybe an explosion of the battery.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
You should move this topic in Mining section.
Also I don't think that smartphones can ever mine bitcoins. Atleast smartphones can mine some low difficulty coin but it is impossible to mine bitcoins from a smartphone. It would simply blow up overheating and would give nothing but a loss. Also some low configuration CPU can't handle the bitcoin mining process and even they blow up so smartphones are a way too far from mining bitcoins.
Activity: 52

This is a joke? Smartphone maybe is good for not popular altcoins but for BTC when you need rival with ASICs farms this is not possible.
I know only one example ETN. But this is not normal mining because for each smartfon hashrate is same for me this is artificial Proof of Work
Activity: 28
I'm sure many large smartphone companies like Samsung, iPhone and so on are developing smartphones for mining, this is because the future of the transaction system is crypto, so making smartphones for mining is a good thing.
I think one day a smartphone can be used to mine bitcoin, but I'm sure the results obtained are smaller than using a PC. Even in vain because the functionality of the smartphone is so much and requires great power, it is very wasteful for the battery. We can do this when the battery is charging, but it will damage the smartphone battery life. While bitcoin mining is very wasteful of electricity, the results obtained can be used less to pay for electricity and repair smartphones. One day I believe the smart phone manufacturer found a way to solve the problem.
Activity: 323
Merit: 100
I don't know when that will happen. I think it's very difficult to mine bitcoin with a smartphone. Because the mining rig alone is very difficult and takes a long time. So what if done with a smartphone. I don't think that will happen. But we don't know what technology will be present in the future.
Activity: 394
Merit: 100
Look at this
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bountymodule-japanese-blockchain-40-4745515
the project is developing a platform for applications that can be used on your smartphone to do bitcoin mining.
Module project probably will not be deployed, I observe that their ICO is not enough soft cap. ICOs aren't easy to gain the trust of investors now, their ICO time is still much but I think the investment has stopped.
Activity: 294
JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!
Imagine what battery would a smartphone need in order to do mining.
Are there such batteries such would withstand the expenses of a smartphone processor while you are away from a charger? No.
So I don't think such a mining would be at least profitable.
Activity: 280
Look at this
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bountymodule-japanese-blockchain-40-4745515
the project is developing a platform for applications that can be used on your smartphone to do bitcoin mining.
Activity: 140

Even though smartphone now days have almost same spec like computer, computer is still better from it, i don't think this is good idea to make phone for mining tools, because everyone use their phone for communication or killing time playing some games, not for mining and i think it will use much battery  and make phone run out of battery much faster. So it's better use your computer to do mining than smartphone, charging while you using your smartphone could harm battery.
Activity: 112
I'm sure many large smartphone companies like Samsung, iPhone and so on are developing smartphones for mining, this is because the future of the transaction system is crypto, so making smartphones for mining is a good thing.
Pages:
Jump to: