Pages:
Author

Topic: When will smartphones used for bitcoin mining? - page 20. (Read 4861 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I think some mobile companies might already be working on such a model.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
I am still wondering why people want to mine using their smartphone, they are not build for mining and the most powerful smartphone pales in comparison to gpu if you want to mine something and they are more likely to break faster if you use it to mine crypto. As for the hardware wallet one, it's better to have a standalone device for that as if you use your phone as hardware wallet, there's risk of losing your phone.
Activity: 868
Merit: 185
Roobet supporter and player!
It won't happen.

Smartphone for bitcoin mining? you are just destroying your phone.

Smartphone as digital wallet, you can simply download an app / wallet and that's how you make it as your wallet.

You never know! With the help of nano technology we may be able to achieve smaller chips that produces as much power as a full sized mining rigs in future. I mean that is not the reality now but it may become in future. If you were 80's kid, did you ever think that you can carry a computer in your pocket? Because what computer we have seen that time was Pentium one and it required an air conditioned room to run that. Nano technology achieved that impossible and now we carry a smart phone inside our pocket.

So keep your hope high as we don't know where the technological achievements can take us!
It may happen since we are already in revolutionary era and developing with that will become true someday. If we will back to the year 19's, all of this thing we experiencing right now is almost an imagination to them but look how does the revolution process give us an advance technology, we can easily innovate things by the help of science and other field. Therefore, it is not impossible.
Activity: 6
A time will come when mobile phones will be used for everything except call.
It is possible if companies like Apple research and do work on it.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
ADAB ICO
I don't think that will happen because it will make your smartphone damaged, if you can produce it will be damaged someday and you will get a lot of losses and the results you get from mining on your smartphone will not be able to recover.

You are wrong, it was possible today, there are some applications that can mine cryptocurrency in your phone so all you need is a wallet address like ledger to keep your coins.
Activity: 980
Merit: 261
As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?

Indeed smartphone nowadays like computer in function but its not computer, its communication device. I think its not safe to mine with smartphone because to mine bitcoin or others coin have different spesification and i think it will make our smartphone damage when we use it for bitcoin mining

Mining is done by a a great specification of a computer that any smartphone cant do as of now and like what youve said it can be dangerous because it may heaten up and can lead to explotion because it is really not designed for mining purposes.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 251
As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?

Indeed smartphone nowadays like computer in function but its not computer, its communication device. I think its not safe to mine with smartphone because to mine bitcoin or others coin have different spesification and i think it will make our smartphone damage when we use it for bitcoin mining
Activity: 35
Smartphones can hardly be used to exploit bitcoin, but in the future, there will be compact products dedicated to exploiting bitcoin and altcoins, where smartphones will act as conductors.
Activity: 31
I think smartphones are not suitable for exploiting bitcoin and altcoins because the nature of the smartphone is not the computer and I doubt its security capabilities.
Activity: 31
Smartphones can be used to exploit bitcoin and altcoins, but the battery life of smartphones does not meet the demand for extraction.
Activity: 470
Merit: 102
I don't think that will happen because it will make your smartphone damaged, if you can produce it will be damaged someday and you will get a lot of losses and the results you get from mining on your smartphone will not be able to recover.
Activity: 29
Surely, in the future, almost all of the technology-related activities will be used on smartphones. Smartphones used to exploit bitcoin and altcoins will be released shortly.
This can be a huge growth booster for mobile companies if they make it possible.
Activity: 6
Small coins may be mined with mobile phones. A good concept.
No, bitcoins cannot be mined with mobile phones. That is not going to happen in next 100 years.
Activity: 913
Merit: 252
Even now it is possible to use smartphones for mining. But the question is who will be willing to take the risk of getting his Apple iPhone worth $1,000 fried, in order to get $0.0001 worth of Bitcoins every month? No one in their right mind would do that.
Activity: 255
Merit: 10
Currently there is software on android for digging Bitcoin but it will not work. The digging performance of its bitcoin is very low.
Instead of buying a $ 1k digger for Bitcoin, you can spend $ 600 on a bitcoin digger and get higher productivity.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
It won't happen.

Smartphone as digital wallet, you can simply download an app / wallet and that's how you make it as your wallet.

You never know! With the help of nano technology we may be able to achieve smaller chips that produces as much power as a full sized mining rigs in future. I mean that is not the reality now but it may become in future. If you were 80's kid, did you ever think that you can carry a computer in your pocket? Because what computer we have seen that time was Pentium one and it required an air conditioned room to run that. Nano technology achieved that impossible and now we carry a smart phone inside our pocket.

So keep your hope high as we don't know where the technological achievements can take us!
but it still a long way, i have seen that in china there are a bitcoin mine as big as a room just for computers, this will need time to shrink a room sized computer into a hand sized smartphone

The sizes of computers these days is shrinking, and we all know that since there are a lot of portable things made in the past. I can't say that smartphones will ever be a miner since we can just stick to what we are using right now.

ASIC means application-specific integrated circuit, and it is designed for a certain or special application and it's example in our case particularly is mining. Making a phone a miner also means making it an ASIC, I don't know about that. The smartphone industry is leaning to the performance, mostly gaming performance, great cameras and special functions so I don't think that will be necessary.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
It won't happen.

but it still a long way, i have seen that in china there are a bitcoin mine as big as a room just for computers, this will need time to shrink a room sized computer into a hand sized smartphone
Pages:
Jump to: