Pages:
Author

Topic: When will smartphones used for bitcoin mining? - page 16. (Read 4861 times)

Activity: 162
Merit: 0
I think smartphones are not compatible with any kind of mining. It can destroy the phones itself, it will lag and lag and you can use it well.
Activity: 28
When the smartphone can exploit bitcoin, it probably has not enough bitcoin to exploit. Assuming the smartphone can exploit Altcoin, Crypto is probably already saturated and not much value.
Activity: 1048
Merit: 101
As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?
I think that will not happen, mining lights up continuously without stopping for 24 hours do you want the smartphone to be turned on continuously while filling the battrey? then what about the electricity needed during the 24 hours, in my opinion there are still many reasons why smartphones are not recommended for minning. many of the smartphone companies further enhance the performance of their products in terms of ease of use and advanced technology and processing speed and gaming support too.
Activity: 28
With current smartphone technology, it is impossible to use it to exploit Bitcoin until a smartphone company can provide their smartphone to exploit Bitcoin. Bitcoins are not enough to make them profit
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
I am currently mining etn using my smartphone and so far I haven't experienced any disruption on my smartphone, and this is the second time, before I mine through faucethub.io and my smartphone has a problem. So, when this has happened, surely the development of the performance future will be improved by those who are smart.
Activity: 23
I do not think the smartphone is suitable for exploiting Bitcoin, the use of smartphones is primarily entertainment and communication, it is not a tool for exploiting Bitcoin and Altcoin, as opposed to feature Basic of Smartphone.
Activity: 24
I think smartphones are not powerful enough to be able to exploit Bitcoin and Altcoin, and smartphone security is unlikely to secure information security.
Activity: 112
As electronic technology evolves to a new level and the phone is fully functional and capacious as the computer, the phone will be able to join the mine and then the miners can dig anywhere.
Activity: 24
Currently, only about 4 million bits of Bitcoin has not been exploited, the possibility of bitcoin being exploited by smartphones will not occur because the remaining bitcoin cannot meet the demand
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?
I saw a similar topic like this one on Quora. I believe it’s possible for anyone to mine bitcoin with smart phones, but your main concern should be on how much you will be spending on electricity. I have heard from several miners that bitcoin mining can only profit those with a cheap source of electricity and they also claim that miners barely profit from it.

Hence, if these people that are mining with main bitcoin miner barely make profit, then anyone that is mining with a smartphone won’t make any profit, but rather would end up with loss on how much they spend on electricity. Now a days, staking and masternodes are relatively profitable which may enable people to look for alternate way of generating passive income other than mining as it costs much while setting up and while running.
Activity: 21
i think it has been happened, especially samsung that make bitcoin mining from 40 smartphones. look at this: https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/3kvdv9/samsung-upcycling-galaxy-s5-bitcoin-mining-rig 
This is actually quite an interesting article. I never thought that much about using old phones. For some reason I was thinking about people using their personal device or purchasing phones specifically for mining. It's quite interesting that it was actually Samsung itself that did it. I'm sure they have the most access to phones. Haha. They said that 8 Galaxy S5 phones could mine better than a standard desktop computer. It still seems like it would take a long time to get more value out of the phones than you could sell them on eBay. Using old phones for different projects is really cool though. I liked the fish tank bit at the end of the article.
And 8x Galaxy S5 costs? It costs way more than a standard desktop computer. And to think that you can only get them in secondhand, it's going to die rather quickly. Why do people keep on pushing the mining with Smartphone idea when you can just build a PC for mining if you wanna mine bitcoins? I mean I get the idea that it's cool to mine with something that we already have but even if it's become possible, it's just not worth destroying your phone for something that you think is cool.
Well, I still don't think it's that practical, but S5s may cost less than you think. I'm not pushing the idea, but I do think it's an interesting one. There are millions of phone that eventually just get thrown out, when they could be used for something productive. There actually are some new S5s still for sale, but that would certainly not be an effective use of your money (they seem to go for about $200). I check used S5s on eBay though and they're selling for $60-130. Most are going for around $60. So, for $480 you could have 8 of those phones. I would say that's a bit less than a decent desktop computer, though I know you can get them cheaper. I see that some S5s with broken screens have been selling for about $30. I don't know exactly how a phone mining system would work, but I feel like having the screen work is not actually critical. Thus, perhaps you could get 8 S5s with broken screens for $240. If they could make you even $30/month, it would just take 8 months to get your money back. As far as I know, the most common thing to go on phones is the battery. If you are always working on direct power, then you wouldn't have to worry about the batteries.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
there was already such a cryptocurrency, which is produced exclusively on phones. it was promoted by McAfee. it is called electroneum. but unfortunately she is not given recovery and forgot about it. and mining on the phone, I think it is not advisable. it spoils the equipment very quickly. not intended use
Activity: 83
As we all know that mining requires a powerful equipment to be able to mine more bitcoin in a certain period time, then I think smartphones are not capable of doing that. Bitcoin mining in mobile might only cause your smartphones to get damaged or broken. If there are instances that you can mine bitcoin from smartphones, I believe it is not that profitable. A smartphone is probably best used for its original purpose only.

I think it is not wise because technological developments in the future of smartphones can also be used for bitcoin mining, but of course that will also affect the price of bitcoin
I think if bitcoin can be mined using a smartphone it certainly requires smartphone specifications that are very capable, because if we only use PC mining, we need a large VGA specification
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
“Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management”
It won't happen.

Smartphone for bitcoin mining? you are just destroying your phone.

Smartphone as digital wallet, you can simply download an app / wallet and that's how you make it as your wallet.

You never know! With the help of nano technology we may be able to achieve smaller chips that produces as much power as a full sized mining rigs in future. I mean that is not the reality now but it may become in future. If you were 80's kid, did you ever think that you can carry a computer in your pocket? Because what computer we have seen that time was Pentium one and it required an air conditioned room to run that. Nano technology achieved that impossible and now we carry a smart phone inside our pocket.

So keep your hope high as we don't know where the technological achievements can take us!

If nano-processors are created that will allow to produce more bitcoin and consume less energy, nothing will change, the phones will not be used for production anyway. To say why?
Because such technologies will be used in the production of asic miners.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
www.daxico.com
Mining cryptocurrencies using smartphones? Isn't it that smartphones are not intended for crypto mining purposes because there is an appropriate machine for that? Well, if that's going to happen, i believe that smartphones life span will be put in jeopardy.
Activity: 84
It would really be wonderful , when it happen or will happen for real. Its one of my dreams.But they say its not worth it and its true. Bitcoin mining in your smartphone leads to the huge damage.So better not to try it now. But i can imagine it in future. Lets wait and watch what happens next
Activity: 148
This is very unlikely. Smartphones in recent years are well configured but for a good phone to exploit virtual currency, the price of the phone will be around 1000 usd. It is costly that you can invest in powerful PC configurations and will have a lot of efficiency.
Activity: 882
Merit: 518
For mining bitcoin or cryptocurrencies like ethereum certainly requires very high specifications, but I'm sure that one day smartphones can be designed for mining so we wait for what happens with the development of smartphones.

Yes it really needs a very high specifications of devices to be able to mine with profit in bitcoin, with the current specs of mobile phones now I think it cannot help us to get good profit.

Needs, but there was a case, when Samsung developers used several their smartphones S5 for a mining. So if there will be a good soft in Google Play we can try to mine some coins even this year.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
BitHostCoin.io
For mining bitcoin or cryptocurrencies like ethereum certainly requires very high specifications, but I'm sure that one day smartphones can be designed for mining so we wait for what happens with the development of smartphones.

Yes it really needs a very high specifications of devices to be able to mine with profit in bitcoin, with the current specs of mobile phones now I think it cannot help us to get good profit.
Activity: 247
Merit: 10
Pages:
Jump to: