Pages:
Author

Topic: When will the USA pay their debts, if ever? - page 13. (Read 20962 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
for America has an interest in other countries, as long as America became the world's policeman, during the American peacekeepers into the country, as long as America can always influence the foreign policy of other countries, then it will never happen, everything that happens in this world is a conspiracy ...  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047
Maybe they do, but in heavily devalued dollars Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
United States is a corporation that extracts money from the people through work, fines, court activities, etc., and funnels it to projects unknown to the people, many of which are military in nature.

In 2011 a UCC filing was made that claimed the arms and legs of Americans as collateral for a loan of $14 QUADRILLION dollars.

We KNOW that ALL value of the current monetary system is based on the Human Beings of this planet.  We humans ARE considered "capital" and "collateral", and therefore we ARE "Assets".
Activity: 644
Merit: 503
Never, the only way the government could pay it off in a traditional sense is if they somehow tax [current level of debt] out of the us citizens. That I think will not happen, so they will either default or hyper inflate their debt away.

Or they could reduce public spending. Britain in the early 1980s did this, and the Public Sector Borrowing Requirement became (temporarily) the Public Sector Debt Repayment.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Never, the only way the government could pay it off in a traditional sense is if they somehow tax [current level of debt] out of the us citizens. That I think will not happen, so they will either default or hyper inflate their debt away.
The US will hopefully be able to "grow" their way out of their debt, as in to have their economy grow enough so that the amount of debt shrinks as a percentage of the US economy while keeping their tax rates (and taxes as a percentage of the US economy the same). This will result in them being able to repay their debt
Activity: 91
Activity: 328
As said propably never. They will never have enough money to pay the debts. And I suppose the lenders are not even waiting for their moneys, I guess they aknowledge the situation too Cheesy
Activity: 526
Unless there is force or at least the threat of force, you are right.  Why should they pay anything back?   They have all the guns, why should they care?   

One answer:  to not look like a horrible risk to future parties buying U.S. bonds etc.   I guess that doesn't matter to them either since they print money to buy their own bonds...  Yeah, this ain't gonna fall apart, ever!
Activity: 193
Merit: 117
HODL
Why pay it back?  There is a whole system of circle jerking money based on borrowing and repaying.  People in the super-rich group are happy with this arrangement, so it would be difficult to change.
Apart from the military assets, the US could sell of a variety of assets to pay what it owes.  It's easier being a freeloader though.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
1 Word
Never !
I didn't read every message in this thread so forgive me if it's already been said but  - the USA can always sell their military assets the way the Argentinian ship was, to pay down their debts. 

Ships, tanks, nukes, etc.. That would be a start anyway..
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
The current banking system would make it impossible for the US to pay back the debts, in fiat at least. Long live Bitcoin.

It would be possible only in fiat, not in bitcoin. The US can print dollars to repay its debt, it can't create bitcoins to repay its debt.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
The current banking system would make it impossible for the US to pay back the debts, in fiat at least. Long live Bitcoin.
Activity: 107
The US will never pay back its debts, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  Debt is good to a degree, and the government will just keep printing more money.

Maybe US will pay in carrying black ops for the Chinese.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
September 27, 2014, 12:41:20 PM
The US will never pay back its debts, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  Debt is good to a degree, and the government will just keep printing more money.

It is just the the debt/GDP ratio is much higher than its counterparts in Europe. This makes people wonder if the AAA rating on US debt is really justified.
Activity: 399
September 26, 2014, 10:37:15 PM
According to my opinion.
Follow me, Money is debt. Money is created by issuing loans.
If the debt is paid off there is no money, it is designed to never be paid off.

This is true!

National debt is not the same as private debt, in fact the idea of "paying off" the national debt is nonsensical. Money is "borrowed" into existence, so the debt is a reflection of money supply.

I had actually gotten confused about this recently myself. It's such a ridiculous concept, but by borrowing money into existence it ensures that the share holders of the Federal Reserve always get paid interest.

To pay off the debt is truly impossible, and we shouldn't even think of it as a debt in the normal sense. There is a lot of confusion about this.

Mike Maloney seems to have the best grasp of what lies ahead. I highly recommend these videos:

http://www.hiddensecretsofmoney.com/videos/episode-4
http://www.hiddensecretsofmoney.com/videos/mike-maloney-bonus-presentation-vancouver

qm7
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
September 26, 2014, 09:29:15 PM
Activity: 448
September 26, 2014, 08:52:29 PM
I think the next move is going to be another stock market crash that mirrors the mortgage meltdown that we had a few years back...

you're probably right.
now with QE ending there is alot less cheap money to prop up the markets, all the malinvestments that were made during QE1-3 will start to unravel.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
September 26, 2014, 08:33:30 PM
I don't think USA will every completely pay their debts.   The Fed will just keep magically printing more and more money (decimating everyone's purchasing power).   I think that we will ultimately end up facing a problem like Argentina.

It will happen much slower than that, but once things get bad (I mean worse than now), it is going to be next to impossible to stop the train.

I think the next move is going to be another stock market crash that mirrors the mortgage meltdown that we had a few years back...
Pages:
Jump to: