Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do you hold your coins? - page 3. (Read 3715 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 105
November 11, 2017, 02:37:17 PM
Same here I think its best to hold and store our coins in a separate storage  rather than storing it on a single storage because its more secure. Desktop wallet and exchange for me is preferable for coins storage.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
November 11, 2017, 01:32:52 PM
I hold my coins in MEW and in exchanges, like Poloniex and Bittrex
Activity: 966
Merit: 506
November 11, 2017, 01:20:48 PM
So i'm new to cryptocurrency, actually just started 2 days ago, was reading about cryptocurrency, and stumbled upon Neblio and decided to go for it.

Now i'm holding about 600$ worth of Neblio on Cryptopia, which i'm fairly certain it will reach at least 2x, but aiming at x4 early next year to be honest.

Anyway, i want to sit on the Neblio for a while, but i don't want to have it hostage on an Exchange, so what are the best and safer solutions, Desktop and Online to hold he currency?

In their wallets. I always love this question and I always wonder what they are considering as the "vast" number of alternate options. There are the wallets of the coin, on your computer, or on someones server. The rest is elementary. If it is BTC, than why have anything other than a light wallet, but beyond that there is really not much to think about and really not anything that bear discussion on a forum, so you have at it.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
November 09, 2017, 04:07:51 PM
I know a few things. You can hold your coins maybe on exchange sites but i would not do it. You have a high chance to be hacked if you get a lot of coins on that exchange. So i would just store hem on a offline wallet, because you have the files and the private key. Don't forget to secure it and that you don't download infected files on the internet.
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
November 09, 2017, 04:04:01 PM
Lykke Wallet, Is the safest after a Cold storage!
Activity: 891
Merit: 500
November 09, 2017, 03:56:12 PM
So i'm new to cryptocurrency, actually just started 2 days ago, was reading about cryptocurrency, and stumbled upon Neblio and decided to go for it.

Now i'm holding about 600$ worth of Neblio on Cryptopia, which i'm fairly certain it will reach at least 2x, but aiming at x4 early next year to be honest.

Anyway, i want to sit on the Neblio for a while, but i don't want to have it hostage on an Exchange, so what are the best and safer solutions, Desktop and Online to hold he currency?
I have coins on exchanges as well, I don't like to store as much coins on there because I feel that the coins can be moved at anytime.
Activity: 266
November 09, 2017, 02:36:08 AM
Only paper wallet or cold storage
!!!
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
November 09, 2017, 02:33:43 AM
Use web wallet  MyEther. Dont never ever give private key to any body or to a forum.
Use keystore file to access and dont  write down the password or dont store it  in the computer ( notepads). Try to remember it.
Back up keystore file .
Never store private key in computer.
If u need log in to account using keystore file and passward then you can encrypt the privatekey.
Then we can safely hold our coins.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 104
November 09, 2017, 02:04:26 AM
I'm holding my coins only in MEW but currently I'm trying to explore other wallets that I can use in the future since as I'm doing this as a hobby not as job or source of income (honestly at 1st I want to this as a form of income). Based on the review on this thread I'll stick in MEW for the meantime Smiley
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
November 08, 2017, 11:52:20 PM
MYETHERWALLET, KRAKEN, BITFINEX, LEDGER,...  Grin
Activity: 238
Merit: 106
November 08, 2017, 11:38:32 PM
Somebody says to hold it in desktop. But it doesnt matter if you are using only phone. Just save your private key from a wallet. It depends only to the people who keep more attention to their coin. Somebody are just careless.
Activity: 61
eos !
November 08, 2017, 10:48:03 PM
easy, long-term holdings on hardware wallets(Trezor,Ledger Nano S,KeepKey),
short-term on the exchanges,
desktop/mobile wallet for ICO.
Activity: 378
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
November 08, 2017, 10:38:51 PM

use trading exchange wallet is a great place to saving your coin if you love to trade and doing it oftenly. use a good exchange so your coin safety is guaranted.
Activity: 224
November 08, 2017, 10:34:32 PM
On different wallets, Ledger and so on... cold storage is still one of the most interesting thing, but also a part online but you must know that, there are risks on the whole market and nobody knows where, but also serious provider
Activity: 196
November 08, 2017, 10:23:12 PM
I hold some of my coins on the exchange for the short term.
in addition I also save my coin in desktop wallet. I think desktop wallet is one good choice for long term. its more safe.  Smiley
Activity: 109
November 08, 2017, 09:09:49 PM
I save my coins on 3 places: trezor device, on exchange, my desktop wallet.
You should buy 1 hard wallet: trezor, legend S, keepkey..to hold your coin
They are safest wave to save your coin
Activity: 868
Merit: 103
*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*
November 08, 2017, 08:55:17 PM
the safer place to hold any coins is on the desktop wallet
just download gere https://nebl.io/wallets
but for faster profit you can hold in exchange, so you can sell the coin in any price with pending order
How about using desktop wallet EXODUS ? thats a faster wallet i have ever use. With top speed block syncronize you will enjoy it. And thats wallet support any altcoin and become a recomended wallet by a top trader of cryptocurrency. Hope it will help ☺
Activity: 54
November 08, 2017, 08:27:51 PM
read this thread and chose myetherwallet and it really is easy to use, i'm quit satisfied so far
Activity: 53
Merit: 11
November 08, 2017, 07:32:51 PM
all my coins are in myetherwallet, its really user friendly
Activity: 169
Merit: 13
November 08, 2017, 05:26:23 PM

After the mtgox, cryptsy and many other exchanges scam history, I'd say never store your coin in the exchange if you're in for long term, just download the official wallet and store in it.
Pages:
Jump to: