Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do you hold your coins? - page 4. (Read 3715 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 100
November 08, 2017, 03:05:14 PM
I quickly convert to BTC and hold in blockchain.info. I feel secured there. I am  do not confidence in some the exchanges around now. The cyber security there in blockchain.info is high and encouraging.
Activity: 350
November 08, 2017, 02:29:35 PM
I tried a lot of different purses, but the best is MyEtherWallet. It's easy to monitor transactions. When connecting via the Ledger is very reliable.
Activity: 213
Merit: 10
November 08, 2017, 02:06:30 PM
MEW is the best wallet to hold coins. There are many wallets but MEW is the best one as it is very simple to operate all the transactions are very easy to made. It is very User Friendly and anyone new person can operate it. The best part is it is very easy to sell coins on this wallet.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
November 08, 2017, 01:21:33 PM
Some in exchanges, some in mobile wallet and some in hardware wallet. I diversified my coins, it is safer instead of holding all in hardware wallet.

I'm a bit like that, I have small quantities all over the place. I don't fully trust exchanges, but also I don't fully trust myself not to do something stupid if I have everything in my own wallet. The problem with this approach is keeping track of where everything is.

Preach!

With all of the issues that have come up with exchanges, it is risky to have all of your $$ in one place. Some exchanges have more liquidity than others, so it is valuable to diversify not only your holdings but also where it is held.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
November 08, 2017, 01:10:47 PM
Some in exchanges, some in mobile wallet and some in hardware wallet. I diversified my coins, it is safer instead of holding all in hardware wallet.

I'm a bit like that, I have small quantities all over the place. I don't fully trust exchanges, but also I don't fully trust myself not to do something stupid if I have everything in my own wallet. The problem with this approach is keeping track of where everything is.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS
November 08, 2017, 01:09:19 PM
I suggest that you better use desktop wallet to keep your coins because this is one of the most secure way but be very careful with the private keys but for faster profit, you can hold them in the exchange, by which you can sell the coin in any price with pending order and for neblio, download nebl.io/wallets.
Some coins do not have a desktop wallet so you can keep them in exchange.

Activity: 228
November 08, 2017, 01:01:16 PM
So i'm new to cryptocurrency, actually just started 2 days ago, was reading about cryptocurrency, and stumbled upon Neblio and decided to go for it.

Now i'm holding about 600$ worth of Neblio on Cryptopia, which i'm fairly certain it will reach at least 2x, but aiming at x4 early next year to be honest.

Anyway, i want to sit on the Neblio for a while, but i don't want to have it hostage on an Exchange, so what are the best and safer solutions, Desktop and Online to hold he currency?

Trezor, if it doesn't support the coin, then desktop wallet.

Of course, my funds are held in a blockchain portfolio. It's a really good way to go and recommend to anyone. I've never been disappointed with it and hope it stays that way.

What is blockchain portfolio? Is it blockchain.info online wallet? If yes, it's not that secure since you don't have your private keys dude. They can clear your funds someday. You can't trust them.

Download bitcoin core 0.15.0.1 and start using it, I suggest.
Activity: 654
Merit: 250
November 08, 2017, 12:55:05 PM
So i'm new to cryptocurrency, actually just started 2 days ago, was reading about cryptocurrency, and stumbled upon Neblio and decided to go for it.

Now i'm holding about 600$ worth of Neblio on Cryptopia, which i'm fairly certain it will reach at least 2x, but aiming at x4 early next year to be honest.

Anyway, i want to sit on the Neblio for a while, but i don't want to have it hostage on an Exchange, so what are the best and safer solutions, Desktop and Online to hold he currency?

Trezor, if it doesn't support the coin, then desktop wallet.

Of course, my funds are held in a blockchain portfolio. It's a really good way to go and recommend to anyone. I've never been disappointed with it and hope it stays that way.
Activity: 573
Merit: 11
November 08, 2017, 12:45:20 PM
I like to store my coins in wallet which I have the private key because I feel safe with my private key.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
November 08, 2017, 12:14:28 PM
Hi,

If you have ETH based tokens you can save it in MyEtherWallet and export it as JSON. Please remember the private key or write it down in a notebook (offline) and keep the files uploaded to your preferred cloud storage & also in your PC.

You can recover the coins anytime using private key

Do not put all eggs in the same basket. Keep some coins in the wallet, some in exchange and some as exported as JSON - Thats how i have been doing.

Thanks
Activity: 224
Merit: 12
November 08, 2017, 12:05:24 PM
desktop wallets,be sure not to save your private keys in your computer .
Activity: 1386
Merit: 101
ComboLabs
November 08, 2017, 11:58:43 AM

you don't have to worry, I never have altcoin problem save in exchange. so pretty safe I guess. because I personally have not gotten into trouble if my altcoin is kept for a long time in the exchange.
Activity: 434
November 08, 2017, 11:50:32 AM
I would not keep coins on Android wallet. My preference and the best choice for doing it is a desktop wallet. You can use Blockchain, which belongs to the most trusted ones. It is absolutely simple even for an individual, who deals with it for the 1st time and knows nothing about it.
Activity: 560
November 07, 2017, 07:52:26 PM
It depends on the volume of your investment. But still I recommend keeping the most part on a cold purse. Now is the time that it is not entirely safe to store large amounts on exchanges.
I did not choose to save or hold my coins in an exchange as this not a good idea and not safe. I just put all my coins in myetherwallet which I only hold my private keys. So, I have not encountered any problem on this.
Activity: 462
Merit: 114
November 07, 2017, 07:31:43 PM
It depends on the volume of your investment. But still I recommend keeping the most part on a cold purse. Now is the time that it is not entirely safe to store large amounts on exchanges.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 186
November 07, 2017, 05:11:32 PM
To those of you who hold a lot of money in altcoins... do you download the wallet and keep it there as oppose to an exchange?  I read that people who use bittrex to trade actually keep their coins in their offline wallet but this is with bitcoin.

So what about their altcoins then?  I thought the great thing about bittrex or exchange is you don't need a wallet for every coin.  I mean imagine you buy 30+ different altcoins.  Are you really going to download 30 different wallets? 
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
November 07, 2017, 03:59:30 PM
Imo best available option is hardware wallets which offer best secure defence system against any hard attack. Desktop wallets can be considered as medium impact level in terms of security. I currently use hardware wallet like every trader who wanna to securely hold coins.

For me I am holding my coins in my offline eth wallet which has it's own private key and it's own downloaded file back up. Its same as the wallet that you mean of like the desktop wallet, but I think having that ether wallet is more secured compared with other types. I can trade those coins easily just using their private keys or their file back up offline wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
https://bmy.guide
November 07, 2017, 03:52:41 PM
Imo best available option is hardware wallets which offer best secure defence system against any hard attack. Desktop wallets can be considered as medium impact level in terms of security. I currently use hardware wallet like every trader who wanna to securely hold coins.
Activity: 2184
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
November 07, 2017, 03:48:19 PM
I use desktop wallet and as well as using exchange of bittrex and yobit to keep my coins. If you have good no of coin and planning to hold for long-term then you should use desktop wallet of the particular coin. So that it would always remain safe.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
November 07, 2017, 01:14:37 PM
I would advise not to hold a large portion of tokens on an exchange.  Any exchange could collapse and you would lose all of your funds.  Or they can change the rules and you can't access your account because of your country of residence.  I would advise, depending on the cryptocurrency, getting a hardware wallet or a windows/apple/linux wallet suited for the cryptocurrency you hold.  At least it is saved on your desktop and nobody can lose your coins.

I agree. It's always better to not hold them in large amounts in one wallet. However, if you would hold them in any online wallet, better not give your password to anyone and be sure to keep your wallet ID in a usb and offline, in your own PC. Also, be sure to not input them in any random site because it's a way for scammers to get your wallet details without you knowing.
Pages:
Jump to: