Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do you store your bitcoins ? - page 2. (Read 13074 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 263
November 30, 2015, 09:24:46 AM
I think you're need trying multi wallet, is an offline wallet and it's more safer than an online wallet..
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
November 30, 2015, 03:35:59 AM
I have a few coins on Coinbase and I'd be lying to you if I said that I am not worried about my coins being hacked. A Mt.Gox would be my worst nightmare. I am kind of glad that I got into the bitcoin exchanges after that. The coins on Coinbase are insured if you have two-factor authentication and 98% of them are kept offline. I'm making the switch of moving everything to my Multibit HD wallet and then use my hardware wallet (Trezor) to basically conduct transactions from there. At the end of the day, the only person I trust with my bitcoins are myself.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
November 30, 2015, 03:24:14 AM
You guys that are storing on coinbase arnt worried about them being hacked or going all mt gox? Im just worried to store more than maybe 1-2 btc in an online wallet. I know things are safer now but seems risky still.

Its btc holders biggest fear.
This is why I'm just keeping mine to a cold storage.  I do however have about $100 or less on a web wallet which I regularly use to buy something online. I'm use to renew my domains in namecheap thru bitpay.

web wallets is easy to access in case i need something to buy quick.
Activity: 784
November 30, 2015, 03:13:09 AM
Im use it for savinf account, if you want to withdraw your money you must waiting 48hours to get confirmed,
example if you submit withdraw Today at 06:41:16 AM you will get your money (btc) in 2 december at 06:41:16 AM

Smiley

What if i need to withdraw fast and if i wonder about the bitcoin price drop? how coinbase will solve this? Personally i have started to store there but not in this vault

you must waiting 48hours because it's "rules" of vault, The aim of this process if you coinbase account is stolen and the thief wants to take your bitcoin, you have 48 hours to stop it or cancel it

Everything is clear, today i learned something that will be helpful for me for the rest of my life, thank you, seems coinbase has a good power Smiley, but requiring 2FA every time for every transaction that could stop the thief too.

yes you must use 2fa and im recomended to use sms verification, does it the old way, but in my opinion it is the most potent and safe Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
November 30, 2015, 03:04:00 AM
Im use it for savinf account, if you want to withdraw your money you must waiting 48hours to get confirmed,
example if you submit withdraw Today at 06:41:16 AM you will get your money (btc) in 2 december at 06:41:16 AM

Smiley

What if i need to withdraw fast and if i wonder about the bitcoin price drop? how coinbase will solve this? Personally i have started to store there but not in this vault

you must waiting 48hours because it's "rules" of vault, The aim of this process if you coinbase account is stolen and the thief wants to take your bitcoin, you have 48 hours to stop it or cancel it

Everything is clear, today i learned something that will be helpful for me for the rest of my life, thank you, seems coinbase has a good power Smiley, but requiring 2FA every time for every transaction that could stop the thief too.
November 30, 2015, 03:01:06 AM

Smiley

legendary
November 30, 2015, 02:56:49 AM

Smiley

November 30, 2015, 02:42:21 AM
It's better to store BTC on coinbase , it's fast and secured. Blockchain is down sometimes.

coinbase is good place to store your bitcoin, also he give 100% free fee transfer, so you can spend it every day without thnk about "fee"
and coinbase give option 2fa with sms verification, i think it's very safe Wink

It is safe as much as you stay safe, use difficult password, coinbase it's for a long time in the market and i don;t think will bankrupt so it should considered as a safe web wallet.
and better to use coinbase vault Smiley
https://www.coinbase.com/vault
~TIME DELAYED WITHDRAWALS

Withdrawals from your vault have a 48 hour window during which they can be canceled.

~MULTIPLE APPROVERS

Joint accounts can be used for extra security, requiring multiple approvers to initiate a withdrawal.

~OFFLINE STORAGE

98% of bitcoin is stored totally offline, in geographically distributed safe deposit boxes and physical vaults.

I have seen that option but never tried to use it, what do you meant time delayed withdrawals, i can make a withdraw and after 48 to get confirmed?

Smiley
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 30, 2015, 02:32:42 AM
In my paybills cause i hav many paying bills haha , and many payment cost haha
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 30, 2015, 02:31:42 AM
You guys that are storing on coinbase arnt worried about them being hacked or going all mt gox? Im just worried to store more than maybe 1-2 btc in an online wallet. I know things are safer now but seems risky still.
legendary
November 30, 2015, 02:29:08 AM
It's better to store BTC on coinbase , it's fast and secured. Blockchain is down sometimes.

coinbase is good place to store your bitcoin, also he give 100% free fee transfer, so you can spend it every day without thnk about "fee"

It is safe as much as you stay safe, use difficult password, coinbase it's for a long time in the market and i don;t think will bankrupt so it should considered as a safe web wallet.

Withdrawals from your vault have a 48 hour window during which they can be canceled.

~MULTIPLE APPROVERS

Joint accounts can be used for extra security, requiring multiple approvers to initiate a withdrawal.

~OFFLINE STORAGE

98% of bitcoin is stored totally offline, in geographically distributed safe deposit boxes and physical vaults.

I have seen that option but never tried to use it, what do you meant time delayed withdrawals, i can make a withdraw and after 48 to get confirmed?
November 30, 2015, 02:21:09 AM

~MULTIPLE APPROVERS

~OFFLINE STORAGE

legendary
November 30, 2015, 02:17:21 AM

Activity: 233
Merit: 10
November 30, 2015, 01:40:55 AM
I always use blockchain.info to store my bitcoins. It seems that they offer the safest online place. I don't like to store my bitcoins offline, on a software or something like that.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
November 30, 2015, 01:32:47 AM
Its is bettet to store on blockchain.info
November 30, 2015, 01:04:33 AM

Activity: 588
November 30, 2015, 12:55:13 AM
I have some coins on coinbase. It is insured and I have a decent amount on there. I'm going to move them to my wallet (Multibit,Electrum) then get either a Trezor + Keepkey.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
November 29, 2015, 07:59:13 PM
I stored my bitcoin on Xapo wallet, they have cold storage that you can used for keeping your bitcoin man..
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
November 29, 2015, 07:35:20 PM
I have a little on exchange, but only keep what you trade
You should store off-line in a perfect world
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
November 29, 2015, 07:31:49 PM
Pages:
Jump to: