Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do you store your bitcoins ? - page 4. (Read 13074 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 26, 2015, 09:12:13 PM
For spending bitcoin, i spend it on the cold storage very trusted hehe Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
November 26, 2015, 08:32:15 PM
Im considering getting a Trezor at this point. I was worried that if the service they have which is some sort of login page went down, you would have your coins useless, but you can still access it.

You can use Electrum with a Trezor. You don't have to rely on the Trezor site.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
November 26, 2015, 03:03:27 PM
i store my bitcoin on exchange  Cheesy
in temporary time i store it on axchange,but my primary i store on coinbase,i never disapointed with coinbase,it always fast and secure,coinbase also very low fee.
Well many people choose Coinbase because they actually paid for your TX fee Roll Eyes
and yes, they are pretty secure because all of your bitcoins are insured by them
Still, their verification process is a little bit a hassle for me so i just left Coinbase Tongue
Wonder how much i left at my old coinbase account Roll Eyes
Yeah that the one and the best online wallet that i used until now.. Then i also use the vault as piggy bank every i receive payout 5% of my earnings should be in the vault for the future with 2 sms authentication and 2 email authentication... its very secured for me...
Activity: 714
Merit: 528
November 26, 2015, 02:18:36 PM
in temporary time i store it on axchange,but my primary i store on coinbase,i never disapointed with coinbase,it always fast and secure,coinbase also very low fee.
Well many people choose Coinbase because they actually paid for your TX fee Roll Eyes
and yes, they are pretty secure because all of your bitcoins are insured by them
Still, their verification process is a little bit a hassle for me so i just left Coinbase Tongue
Wonder how much i left at my old coinbase account Roll Eyes
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
November 26, 2015, 02:12:20 PM
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
November 26, 2015, 02:09:17 PM
I just want to store all my bitcoins in Cold storage.
Is it a trusted one?
I hope it is better than the others.

put your wallet in a usb stick $5 each, buy many of them, than secure them in a safe box or bank or whatever you want

it's the simplest and easiest way, don't waste time with apparently more secure and hard way, because they are not...

Is that the maximum amount you can store on a USB stick?

I don't know if it your kidding or not, it go me interested if I can store my btc on a USB that is safer than offline wallet.

Just curious?

You can store any amount on a USB stick. Amph was saying that you make several copies just in case you lose one USB. But with several copies there is bigger risk that more people can find it.

USB stick thing is an ok thing if you are sure enough that you have done this in a safe environment, meaning that you have no viruses on your machine. Of course, can you ever be 100% sure?

well yes you can be 100% sur,e if you buy a fresh new ssd and do a windows fresh installation(possible windows 7 or linux if you prefer), there is no way a fresh new system is compromised in any way

then the first thing you do is making a storage wallet, o've done exactly this with my coins and usb, and they are there untouched since years, flawless...

yes, there is if your BIOS is infected or if other partition or disks are infected, or if any of the 539 things you will need to download to make windows works properly is infected, or if the piratebay place where you got your system is compromised.

I think do it offline without help of computers or do a live section without drives or anything is a better solution

no because i've bought the whole system, motherboard was fresh cpu fresh and everything else, everything was new, impossible to have any virus

windows can be bought new also, so i don't see an issue on this
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
November 26, 2015, 01:26:36 PM
Is it a trusted one?

put your wallet in a usb stick $5 each, buy many of them, than secure them in a safe box or bank or whatever you want

it's the simplest and easiest way, don't waste time with apparently more secure and hard way, because they are not...

I don't know if it your kidding or not, it go me interested if I can store my btc on a USB that is safer than offline wallet.

Just curious?

You can store any amount on a USB stick. Amph was saying that you make several copies just in case you lose one USB. But with several copies there is bigger risk that more people can find it.

USB stick thing is an ok thing if you are sure enough that you have done this in a safe environment, meaning that you have no viruses on your machine. Of course, can you ever be 100% sure?

well yes you can be 100% sur,e if you buy a fresh new ssd and do a windows fresh installation(possible windows 7 or linux if you prefer), there is no way a fresh new system is compromised in any way

then the first thing you do is making a storage wallet, o've done exactly this with my coins and usb, and they are there untouched since years, flawless...

yes, there is if your BIOS is infected or if other partition or disks are infected, or if any of the 539 things you will need to download to make windows works properly is infected, or if the piratebay place where you got your system is compromised.

I think do it offline without help of computers or do a live section without drives or anything is a better solution

Exactly this! Although I must admit that this is quite paranoid! But the same exact thing happened to me and then I decided to get myself a Trezor. Trezor with a combination of paper wallets is the way I do it now and I must admit that I feel completely safe!

But fresh install with Windows 7 is a good way as well if you are not holding a lot of coins!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
November 26, 2015, 01:24:00 PM
Im considering getting a Trezor at this point. I was worried that if the service they have which is some sort of login page went down, you would have your coins useless, but you can still access it.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
November 26, 2015, 01:03:38 PM
Blockchain is how we roll  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
November 26, 2015, 12:38:50 PM
on paper in safe place:)
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
November 26, 2015, 12:35:28 PM
i store my bitcoins on bitcoin app wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1074
November 26, 2015, 12:29:44 PM
Is it a trusted one?

Just curious?

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
November 26, 2015, 10:32:34 AM
Is it a trusted one?

Just curious?

well yes you can be 100% sure, if you buy a fresh new ssd and do a windows fresh installation(possible windows 7 or linux if you prefer), there is no way a fresh new system is compromised in any way

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
November 26, 2015, 09:38:45 AM
Because I don't have a much Bitcoin, so I use the online wallet a lot.
But when it getting bigger and bigger, I will move it to MultiBit.
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
Re-Evolution
November 26, 2015, 09:32:08 AM
Is it a trusted one?

Just curious?

Oh! OK thanks for the info its just that I haven't heard of this method of keeping your btc on a USB.
I try this method soon but I'll only keep a small amount check it for my self if its suit my need. Thanks for the
Info again.

I hope that you are aware that you store wallet.dat files on your USB! Make sure that you know what you are doing before risking bigger amounts of money. You can search tutorials online, I am sure that there are many tutorials. If something is not clear for you, just come back and ask more questions.

Cheers!
I don't think store bitcoin on a USB stick will be the safe way to save your money.I just worry if your USB stick exposed to the virus or something else that would make all files from USB will be lost and will not be returned
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
November 26, 2015, 09:16:09 AM
Actually I stored almost whole of my bitcoin in a local exchange, and I used xapo in my daily spending.
Move On !!!!!!
November 26, 2015, 08:51:28 AM
Is it a trusted one?

Just curious?

Oh! OK thanks for the info its just that I haven't heard of this method of keeping your btc on a USB.
I try this method soon but I'll only keep a small amount check it for my self if its suit my need. Thanks for the
Info again.

I hope that you are aware that you store wallet.dat files on your USB! Make sure that you know what you are doing before risking bigger amounts of money. You can search tutorials online, I am sure that there are many tutorials. If something is not clear for you, just come back and ask more questions.

Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
November 26, 2015, 08:25:00 AM
Is it a trusted one?

Just curious?

Info again.

Move On !!!!!!
November 26, 2015, 08:16:33 AM
Is it a trusted one?

Just curious?

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
November 26, 2015, 08:12:22 AM
Is it a trusted one?

Just curious?
Pages:
Jump to: