Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do you store your bitcoins ? - page 3. (Read 13074 times)

Activity: 201
Merit: 100
November 29, 2015, 01:06:25 PM
I store my bitcoins on online wallet

For who keeping quite huge amount of bitcoin, better to prepare yourself to keep it into offline wallet.
As we know if online doesn't mean will last forever. There will be one day whenever something bad happen so we can backup and save our bitcoin

Yes I agree, use online wallet only to the value that is not too large or in the exchanger if you want to trade
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
Black Panther
November 29, 2015, 01:01:48 PM

For who keeping quite huge amount of bitcoin, better to prepare yourself to keep it into offline wallet.
As we know if online doesn't mean will last forever. There will be one day whenever something bad happen so we can backup and save our bitcoin
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
November 29, 2015, 12:57:24 PM
If you want to save bitcoin safe, keep it in a cold wallet, there are many options, such as bitcoin core, electrum, multibit etc and save it only on your computer and then perform the backup.

You can use hot wallet if you want to use for the daily transactions that are not too big like blockchain, coinbase etc. Or store it in the exchanger, if you want to make trade.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 27, 2015, 11:45:12 PM
I store mine on coinbase since I don't want the wallets to process alot of my storage data
Activity: 140
November 27, 2015, 11:01:45 AM
i store in blockchain.info, but very secured. since there is security issue in non secure account.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
November 27, 2015, 11:00:00 AM
Activity: 518
November 27, 2015, 09:39:03 AM
for now i still trust online wallet,because i dont put any bg amount of bitcoin,ussualy i withdraw or trade it to local currency,and not keep big amount of bitcoin on my wallet. but i think i will use papper wllet or mybe trezor when i must keep a big amount of bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management
November 27, 2015, 09:38:45 AM
Any suggestions on where a person who has already purchased bitcoins through Coinbase / circle should store them? I'm open to any suggestions from members. Thanks

Depends on how much you have.If you have less then 1 btc,keep it on your mobile wallet,desktop or even online would be easy.For larger amounts,cold storage is the best available option to date
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 27, 2015, 09:31:37 AM
Depending how much coins I have i preferred paper wallet when storing large sum of bitcoins  for security purposes and a web wallet when i need to withdraw my coins for cash Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
November 27, 2015, 09:22:08 AM
Any suggestions on where a person who has already purchased bitcoins through Coinbase / circle should store them? I'm open to any suggestions from members. Thanks

Don't move and stay there where you are. Coinbase has its beginning as a wallet. Is a web wallet and that mean bitcoin when you want those and independently  where you are. It was enough to have a smartphone or computer and internet. Then Coinbase paid your fee of the send of bitcoins. Your bitcoins there are super safe. Coinbase distribute 98% of all bitcoins deposited on it offline and geographically in safe deposit boxes and vaults around the world. And the last but not the less important Coinbase is insured against employee theft and hacking in an amount that exceeds the average value of online bitcoin it holds at any given time. Specifically, Coinbase's insurance policy would respond in the event that bitcoin stored in Coinbase was lost or stolen as a result of a breach of our physical security, cyber security, or as a result of employee theft.

Who want more and what can be made more....  Wink
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
November 27, 2015, 07:14:28 AM
i store large amount in paper wallet and small amount in online wallet for convenience
Activity: 770
Merit: 284
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 27, 2015, 06:34:51 AM
Looking to get a Trezor or Keepkey in regard to using an online wallet for security purposes. I am looking to pick up one these sometime within the next month or two. The safest probably would be a paper wallet far from the reach of anyone beside yourself. I have a few coins stored this way.  

Trezors are on sale today! It's Black Friday and they are giving great deals. Check out their website!

Thanks for mentioning. I like that black friday thing. Just need a safe way to store some BTC for later.

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
November 27, 2015, 06:30:26 AM
Looking to get a Trezor or Keepkey in regard to using an online wallet for security purposes. I am looking to pick up one these sometime within the next month or two. The safest probably would be a paper wallet far from the reach of anyone beside yourself. I have a few coins stored this way.  

Trezors are on sale today! It's Black Friday and they are giving great deals. Check out their website!
Activity: 126
November 27, 2015, 04:17:15 AM
Trezors are great, I have one and I love using it, simple and I always know coins are safe.
Activity: 588
November 27, 2015, 12:27:32 AM
Activity: 140
November 26, 2015, 11:08:11 PM
on paper in safe place:)
the only place to keep coins safe. i agree.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
November 26, 2015, 10:58:34 PM
Why, in the block chain of course. But I keep it in a paper wallet laminated and hidden in a safe place--mostly out of reach of other people.
Activity: 126
November 26, 2015, 10:36:16 PM
I use a USB to store my bitcoins
Activity: 630
November 26, 2015, 10:28:24 PM
I have 2 hot wallets that I use on a regular basis and quite a few offline that haven't been touched for the longest part of 2 years.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
November 26, 2015, 09:39:15 PM
I have a few online wallets and one desktop wallet. Mostly I won't store all my coins in a single online wallet because of safety so I distribute my coins in few different wallets and for everyday use I use XAPO wallet because transactions are quite fast and no transaction fee. For long term storage will be on desk top wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: