Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ? - page 21. (Read 49616 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
December 17, 2014, 02:45:34 AM
I store everything in Hive, with a 35 character passphrase, backed up to Google Drive and Dropbox.

I should probably be using paper wallets, but don't like the idea of having to rely on wherever I end up storing the paper.

Activity: 30
December 17, 2014, 12:09:24 AM
I currently use blockchain.info and a paper wallet. I plan to start using Electrum soon.
legendary
Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050
December 16, 2014, 07:38:06 PM
I suggest use online Blockchain wallet, because if you use desktop wallet it can make transactions for hours. And for larger BTC amounts BTC Trezor will be ok.

Lately blockchain.info is not doing that good...

I have not made an uninitialised variable mistake in over 10 years (and I code in C++ where this can be a serious issue).

For code to have been released into production with such a mistake is *clearly incompetence* and I am not talking about the particular dev (everyone makes mistakes) but by the organisation itself (where was the code review?).

You can't promote yourself to be a secure website for storing money if you can't even manage to audit simple code issues like initialisation.

My recommendation would be not to use blockchain.info for storing funds - they are clearly not up to the job of actually securing it.

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
December 04, 2014, 01:46:28 PM
I suggest use online Blockchain wallet, because if you use desktop wallet it can make transactions for hours. And for larger BTC amounts BTC Trezor will be ok.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
December 04, 2014, 08:12:27 AM
multibit!! first one ever used sticked to it occasional coinbase.

Do not use coinbase as an online wallet. Better try blockchain.info.
Activity: 728
December 03, 2014, 10:10:40 PM
multibit!! first one ever used sticked to it occasional coinbase.
legendary
December 03, 2014, 07:56:34 PM
Mtgox + Electrum

Have you been living under a rock?!

I use electrum and sometimes armory on my PC

why this? electrum for large amounts, mtgox for availability of fast trading  Wink

just imagine you need 500 $ quickly, simply sell them there and get cash in your bank.
You could also use bitstamp or kraken if you prefer them compared to mtgox.

I am tempted to ask the same Q again. Have you been living under a rock?

I wonder how come people be so ignorant !!!
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
November 30, 2014, 07:19:49 PM
Mtgox + Electrum

why this? electrum for large amounts, mtgox for availability of fast trading  Wink

just imagine you need 500 $ quickly, simply sell them there and get cash in your bank.

I am tempted to ask the same Q again. Have you been living under a rock?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
November 27, 2014, 08:11:39 AM
Mtgox + Electrum

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
November 26, 2014, 04:32:15 PM
Mtgox + Electrum

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
November 26, 2014, 02:44:53 PM
Bitcoin Core, and previous Bitcoin QT. The only wallets I have used as pc wallets.

Would be nice to have some extra features, it looks the same for quite some time.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
November 26, 2014, 12:57:02 PM
Mtgox + Electrum
Activity: 309
Merit: 250
November 26, 2014, 12:07:21 PM
I simply use Multibit , no blockchain downloading Grin I prefer Electrum but it's not working anymore on my PC .
beside I don't really see "a lot " of difference between all th wallets .
Activity: 784
November 26, 2014, 11:40:09 AM
Bitcoin QT

No online wallet ? Strange !!!
Activity: 45
November 26, 2014, 10:43:00 AM
Bitcoin QT
legendary
November 26, 2014, 07:05:05 AM
Anyone aware of a reliable online wallet that supports Bitcoin as well as major alt coins ?

U might like to look for holytransaction.com. That is an universal wallet.
Activity: 311
Merit: 264
October 12, 2014, 01:49:16 PM
Anyone aware of a reliable online wallet that supports Bitcoin as well as major alt coins ?
legendary
October 10, 2014, 01:56:27 PM
For local wallets I think Multibit is the best (and they are working on a new version that looks awesome). For convenience, blockchain.

I have used multibit without problems for months. Recently I tried to download the latest version from their website, but my browser refused to load the page and gave a certificate error. This really pissed me off because I refuse to download the client from anywhere else.

This might be a result of the HTTPS related HeartBleed bug.

If it was it seems fixed now: https://filippo.io/Heartbleed/#www.multibit.org

I checked them on SSL labs. Overall rating is B => https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=multibit.org
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
October 10, 2014, 11:32:11 AM
For local wallets I think Multibit is the best (and they are working on a new version that looks awesome). For convenience, blockchain.

I have used multibit without problems for months. Recently I tried to download the latest version from their website, but my browser refused to load the page and gave a certificate error. This really pissed me off because I refuse to download the client from anywhere else.

If it was it seems fixed now: https://filippo.io/Heartbleed/#www.multibit.org
legendary
October 10, 2014, 08:36:31 AM

Pages:
Jump to: