Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ? - page 22. (Read 49616 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
September 29, 2014, 06:22:29 PM
For local wallets I think Multibit is the best (and they are working on a new version that looks awesome). For convenience, blockchain.

I have used multibit without problems for months. Recently I tried to download the latest version from their website, but my browser refused to load the page and gave a certificate error. This really pissed me off because I refuse to download the client from anywhere else.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
September 29, 2014, 06:14:00 PM
lately I have been using mytrezor...It works really well for computer simpletons like myself.   I don't really spend BTC all that often, so it is really effective as a savings account as you can use it as a watch only wallet...
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
September 29, 2014, 04:21:26 PM
I use bitcoin qt + armory.

Simple.

Better security Cool Cool

Electrum under Tails. Best for me.

Where does Electrum and Armory store data ? Online or locally ? What's wrong with Blockchain.info ?
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
September 05, 2014, 06:38:35 AM

Simple.

This.

keeping it simple

What is the specialty of Armory over others ?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Look ARROUND!
September 02, 2014, 07:35:43 PM

Simple.

This.

keeping it simple
Activity: 6
September 02, 2014, 06:38:45 PM
Electrum under Tails. Best for me.
legendary
September 02, 2014, 06:18:15 PM
I use the simple Bitcoin Core wallet. For earnings I use one of the exchange wallets.

Btc-e suddenly changed their deposit addresses a few weeks back. Be careful while using it.

Dont they provide a new address for every deposit ? If all deposit go to one address, then how do they identify ?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
September 02, 2014, 06:15:18 PM
I use the simple Bitcoin Core wallet. For earnings I use one of the exchange wallets.

Btc-e suddenly changed their deposit addresses a few weeks back. Be careful while using it.
legendary
September 02, 2014, 06:10:57 PM
I have started using Trezor more and more.   I like to have money spread across different clients....I like being able to access coins from cell phone, desktop, or laptop without having to jump through too many hoops...

Getting convenience and security together is difficult. U have to accept the trade-off.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I use btc-e...works damn fine for me. No issues till now.

I have used blockchain before but didn't use much.

This is why so many people lost their money in Gox. They assumed that the exchange they were using was a great way to keep their money safe when it was not. It also likely caused Gox to become a larger target for attackers then it should have been as the reward for successfully attacking Gox would be great.
Activity: 54
For local wallets I think Multibit is the best (and they are working on a new version that looks awesome). For convenience, blockchain.
Activity: 28
My first and only wallet is Electrum, it's really easy to use for a newbie like me.
legendary

You use BTC-E as your wallet?   That is very highly not recommended.   If something happens to the exchange, or if your account gets frozen for some odd reason, you lose all of your coins.

Every person here will tell you to never leave any coins on their that you don't plan on trading.  There have been too many horror stories such as Mt. Gox...
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
I use blockchain.info because its the most reliable according to me.
Activity: 66

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***
I still use Blockchain. Just save the identifier on your phone, and it's really easy to login. And links to tx's are easy to click and find.
legendary
I have started using Trezor more and more.   I like to have money spread across different clients....I like being able to access coins from cell phone, desktop, or laptop without having to jump through too many hoops...
Activity: 66
I use blockchain and multibit. Both of them work flawlessly for me. I use Multibit more, and I have more money in my multibit wallet.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
Why to even introduce bitcoin atms in public, when normal gentry has no idea about bitcoins.

That's for only future imo.
I think this is the wrong topic to discuss that?
There's probably one laying around somewhere here though.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ? If you use web wallets, please do mention which one is your choice and why ?

I use Multibit desktop wallet because You cant solomine BTC unless you have 1 Phash/s or more in mining power so why deal with the whole sync and crap, I dont use online wallets because none of them are secure in any way and most of them take to long for transfers, Multibit does not have to completely sync and has a very fast transfer. gives me all the benefits of the qt wallet without the wait Smiley

If I were solo-mining BTC I would have to get a qt wallet Smiley But I am not I solo mine low difficulty shit coins and trade them for BTC hahahahahaha
Having  a wallet like QT that acts as a node for the network is not only good if you are solo mining. Running a full node will help the network and will help decentralize the network.

I do agree that wallets like multibit are good for the masses as it is very simply to use and does not take up a lot of computer resources.
I agree. Bitcoin-QT is very good for the network. Using it is kind of like giving back to the community in a sense.
Pages:
Jump to: