Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ? - page 26. (Read 49616 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Stand on the shoulders of giants
armory, btccore, cold/split wallet etc...
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ? If you use web wallets, please do mention which one is your choice and why ?

Me and my frinds are using bitchain.info.

Anyone using much better please suggest.

Thanks

What is bitchain.info ? Shocked
Bitchain.info is probably a dogecoin wallet.

I dont think so ....I tried to open it in my browser. Nothing is coming !!! Though I checked the whois... it shows that the domain is booked.
Doggone it!
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ? If you use web wallets, please do mention which one is your choice and why ?

Thanks

I dont think so ....I tried to open it in my browser. Nothing is coming !!! Though I checked the whois... it shows that the domain is booked.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

Thanks

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
bitcoin wallet as a "needed" portable wallet.
bitcoin-core to cold storage (for standard file saving method)
Zz
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1077
Now Bitcoin Core works pretty well.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029
I use Multibit...i dont have much BTC so i don't need to worry about security toomuch. Once it get's serious it's moving to cold storage anyway....
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
just use Electrum and Blockchain.info. It does have enough security for me
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital

Thanks

Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Well what I've learned in my journey to BTC is that you have to use more than one wallet! But you should have at least 1 address in common in all of them and send your BTC to the address you need them!
I have the same address in blockchain.info in bitcoin-qt and in multibit
Then I have another one only in blockchain.info and bitcoin-qt
Another one in blockchain.info and multibit
And finally another one for bitcoin-qt and multibit

And of course I have addresses that are only for each wallet, so if I need to use my BTC on the go I send them to the blockchain.info address without the need to log in there because I already have it in my address book so I just move money between my wallet and they are in 2 places at the same time!

I admire Serje for being able to do this.  I sadly have only a 1/10 of his skills. 

At the same time this is why I am worried about the future of bitcoin.  Many people have even far less skills than me.  Really for it to be great, we need to have one wallet that is extremely safe, and extremely easy to install and use, and extremely fast.  Until then, this whole having to use multiple wallets, and/or have multiple backs really hinders bitcoin (paper, and encrypted wallet backed up different places).  Having to make cold wallets on an offline computer and then redoing it every time there is a transaction.  That is ridiculous to somebody who just wants to buy a hotel room online. 
Activity: 294
Merit: 250

I use Bitcoin-QT for my small regular transactions.

I use coinbase to purchase coin.

I have a paperwallet that's completely offline for long term savings.

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I am using blockchain.info. It is working fine for me.
Activity: 700
I did some research and I think the only online one I would trust is blockchain.info so I'm using that.  I had Bitcoin-qt for a while but I like being able to use my BTC when I'm not at home sometimes.
Activity: 45
I chose purse Mycelium is comfortable to use and easy to operate
Activity: 644
electrum, because this wallet has many options
recently move from multibit Grin
rarely use online wallet, because too risky put my coins there
Activity: 14

Thanks
Activity: 502
I use MultiBit because he is very quicky to understand. He is very easy.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
im using Armory, Electrum, Multi Bit
Im using offline wallet its can storage safely Cheesy
Activity: 3
Multibit, very handful in my opinion. As a beginner I think it's the best choice!
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
Well what I've learned in my journey to BTC is that you have to use more than one wallet! But you should have at least 1 address in common in all of them and send your BTC to the address you need them!
I have the same address in blockchain.info in bitcoin-qt and in multibit
Then I have another one only in blockchain.info and bitcoin-qt
Another one in blockchain.info and multibit
And finally another one for bitcoin-qt and multibit

And of course I have addresses that are only for each wallet, so if I need to use my BTC on the go I send them to the blockchain.info address without the need to log in there because I already have it in my address book so I just move money between my wallet and they are in 2 places at the same time!

Well... that is really an interesting way to secure your wealth. Are you managing around a million USD in bitcoin ?  Wink

Hahahahaha

I wish that! But I only have around a few... in fact I never had 1 BTC in my wallet! because I'm always spending them:)
Pages:
Jump to: