Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ? - page 27. (Read 49616 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
Well what I've learned in my journey to BTC is that you have to use more than one wallet! But you should have at least 1 address in common in all of them and send your BTC to the address you need them!
I have the same address in blockchain.info in bitcoin-qt and in multibit
Then I have another one only in blockchain.info and bitcoin-qt
Another one in blockchain.info and multibit
And finally another one for bitcoin-qt and multibit

And of course I have addresses that are only for each wallet, so if I need to use my BTC on the go I send them to the blockchain.info address without the need to log in there because I already have it in my address book so I just move money between my wallet and they are in 2 places at the same time!

Well... that is really an interesting way to secure your wealth. Are you managing around a million USD in bitcoin ?  Wink
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
BitcoinQT and Mycelium. BitcoinQT out of tradition and Mycelium because it handles well spending from paperwallets. Evangelizing Bitcoin by tipping people with paperwallets and not having a good way to redeem paperwallets other than Mycelium pretty much forces me to this. Hear blockchain.info would work, too.

I don't like blockchain.info because there's so many glitches in it. It showing 0 in balance for the first few seconds after logging in is just hilarious.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
Well what I've learned in my journey to BTC is that you have to use more than one wallet! But you should have at least 1 address in common in all of them and send your BTC to the address you need them!
I have the same address in blockchain.info in bitcoin-qt and in multibit
Then I have another one only in blockchain.info and bitcoin-qt
Another one in blockchain.info and multibit
And finally another one for bitcoin-qt and multibit

And of course I have addresses that are only for each wallet, so if I need to use my BTC on the go I send them to the blockchain.info address without the need to log in there because I already have it in my address book so I just move money between my wallet and they are in 2 places at the same time!
legendary
Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015
I am using Armory right now. Why? Because Dark Wallet is not yet fully functional Smiley
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
bitcoin-qt only
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I use QT. I haven't had reason to look at anything else.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
Hey guys, so I was going to start using multibit as an additional wallet, and I saw in the latest release notes that they removed the ability to import blockchain.info wallet backups...is this true?

Does anyone know why, and is there no way to import backups anymore?
legendary
I just use blockchain.info. I think it's got a lot of really useful security features that other wallets dont have.

If it's online, it's not secure.

Remember instawallet?

Offline wallets may also get affected by virus leading to loss of all coins. It is actually a good idea to spread out your wealth, because u never know attack is coming from which angle.
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
I just use blockchain.info. I think it's got a lot of really useful security features that other wallets dont have.

Remember instawallet?

Blockchain.info is different. Read up on why.
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord

Remember instawallet?
Activity: 176
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
Bitcoin-Core
And recently Darkwallet which looks very promising.
Activity: 147
That's what I use and how:

Electrum: for beginning and intermediate users (I recommend this to everyone who asks about Bitcoin)
Armory: for advanced users (I use it for wallet management)
Bitcoin-qt: for running a full node without wallet management
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
Right now I'm fully on blockchain.

But I am switching to armory (the offline wallet with online wallet thing).

I'll leave some money on hot wallets like blockchain and coinkite but most of my bitcoins will be in the armory.
Activity: 133
Merit: 10
Electrum for cash on hand, bitcoin-qt for savings.
Merit: 1000
Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ? If you use web wallets, please do mention which one is your choice and why ?

I use electrum. Mainly because I can't download the huge blockchain and also it is quite easy to use. And since I have made myself a Cold-storage wallet, I don't have to worry about my coins being stolen. And I just use my on Electum client only when I need to transfer funds.
Activity: 67
bitcoin wallet, only, it's safe and easy to use Cheesy
Merit: 587
Space Lord
Been using the original client forever. I have no need for any other clients.
Activity: 1
Bitcoin Core.

I don't trust 3rd party services.
legendary
I chose purse mycelium because it is very convenient to use

If u talk about convenience over security, then on which ground u deny blockchain.info over mycelium ?
Pages:
Jump to: