Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ? - page 30. (Read 49616 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.
use blockchain. Most convenient for me. Security is pretty good too, you control your private keys unlike coinbase. Also I get sent a backup of my wallet EVERYTIME I make a transaction or change to the account, so if blockchain were to go down, could import into multbit.

If you are using Blockchain.info please use 2FA - in the event that someone gets into your email and has the necessary information to log in, the only thing stopping them is 2FA. If you are keeping you're wallet on that same email address, use 2FA for that email address as well if possible. Better to be safe than sorry.

Unfortunately, I have it on mobile as well, which doesn't support 2FA, at least for windows phone. I do use a password generator, and this is a sample password that it would give me: IG'H})ZKDBLis9aHBw?!r8XiPFfY Think i'm pretty safe. Will consider 2FA if I have significant funds in there.
Activity: 742
Merit: 502
Circa 2010
use blockchain. Most convenient for me. Security is pretty good too, you control your private keys unlike coinbase. Also I get sent a backup of my wallet EVERYTIME I make a transaction or change to the account, so if blockchain were to go down, could import into multbit.

If you are using Blockchain.info please use 2FA - in the event that someone gets into your email and has the necessary information to log in, the only thing stopping them is 2FA. If you are keeping you're wallet on that same email address, use 2FA for that email address as well if possible. Better to be safe than sorry.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.
Activity: 798
Merit: 100
Electrum and Mycelium. I'm very satisfied with both.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
Multibit vs. Electrum...which are you guys preferring?  Any major reasons? 

Electrum - primarily for the fact that it can sign transactions offline so I can use it as my cold storage software rather than Armory which means I would have to download the whole blockchain on the broadcasting computer. Multibit AFAIK doesn't offer the option of signing transactions offline.
No you're right it doesn't seem like that works with Multibit.
Activity: 742
Merit: 502
Circa 2010

Electrum - primarily for the fact that it can sign transactions offline so I can use it as my cold storage software rather than Armory which means I would have to download the whole blockchain on the broadcasting computer. Multibit AFAIK doesn't offer the option of signing transactions offline.
Multibit, because it's the one I'm used to I guess. Looks nice, don't have any reasons based on technical specifications though.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
Bitcoin Core is the best Smiley

Reason ?

It is more secure somehow to use a client that downloads the entire blockchain right?
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital

Reason ?
legendary

I use both  blockchain.info and Multibit for wallets.  Both have worked just fine in multiple transactions.  Both are easy.

And having wallets in two places is "geographical diversification".

Smiley

I agree.  Have been contemplating starting to use multibit in addition to the wallets that I have so far.   I like having multiple interfaces to choose from (in addition to keeping BTC in different places)
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

I use both  blockchain.info and Multibit for wallets.  Both have worked just fine in multiple transactions.  Both are easy.

And having wallets in two places is "geographical diversification".

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hi. I'm new to bitcoin I'm using Multibit could you tell me if this is a good one to use?
I think it's a great client! Many people have recommended it for various reasons in this thread. You can also go to it's on forum section to read more. Smiley

thank you
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
Mycelium for android just got better thanx to "local trader"
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

not for freedly use ... i have switched to android wallet, now.
i want copy-paste and QR code and save/restore system with password.

i use, now, only bitcoin core in NODE restriction for my p2pool.
I go with Multibit because I just don't have the patience to download the entire blockchain with Bitcoin core.

If a new version of the core wallet comes out where you don't have to download the entire blockchain, I'll switch back to the original.
Indeed takes a lot of time for no real benefit.
Activity: 222
Merit: 102
I go with Multibit because I just don't have the patience to download the entire blockchain with Bitcoin core.

If a new version of the core wallet comes out where you don't have to download the entire blockchain, I'll switch back to the original.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
I like blockchain.info because It's really user-friendly, you can navigate through bitcoin blockchain and because you can use it on your smartphone with blockchain.info app. It's really good option for those who doesn't own much bitcoins. If you feel ensured that you can take care of your bitcoins and secure them yourself then you should use desktop wallet.
Hi. I'm new to bitcoin I'm using Multibit could you tell me if this is a good one to use?
I think it's a great client! Many people have recommended it for various reasons in this thread. You can also go to it's on forum section to read more. Smiley
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: