Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ? - page 34. (Read 49616 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 101
Bitcoin-qt!

Is there another wallet?
Lol, there are a lot of other wallets. Ever used google? Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
Bitcoin-qt!

Is there another wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
Coinbase is kind of like "AOL of Bitcoin"... easy to use for the masses...eventually people will learn about private keys, etc
just as people today know a lot more about the Internet than 10 years ago.
TTM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
No matter what client you will choose

Make sure IT IS NOT ONLINE wallet Smiley

Online wallet is the trend. Bitcoin will never go mainstream without convenient service that help Average Joe doing transaction easily. Our Joe doesn't know anything about public keys, private keys, wallet backup, wallet encryption. Paypal is success because it make people access fiat easily.

In the case of people lost their private key, I'm sure it's not Blockchain got hacked. Probably some bad guys got access to victim's email or victim's computer was compromised with trojan/keylogger.

Blockchain.info online wallet is more secure than Coinbase because they allow people to export private keys. Coinbase doesn't have that feature as far as i know.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
Bitcoin Qt 0.9.0

Best one.

And Bitcoin Wallet - android

Second best one :]
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ? If you use web wallets, please do mention which one is your choice and why ?
On my pc the Bitcoin Core, because I want to and can run a full node.
On my cellphone Electrum, because asfar as I know it's the best one available atm and on my tablet Electrum again, because Im lazy Tongue
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
im just wondering,
making a malware  capable of attacking different types of wallets all in one program/script is a harder thing to achieve. compared to simply ask people what program they use, and then later try phish/spam linking specific programs/scripts tailored to a user, based on answers given.

legendary
No matter what client you will choose

Make sure IT IS NOT ONLINE wallet Smiley
I use electrum so I don't need to download blockchain. but it is personal preference, it is not soooo much important, armory is good too.
Isn't every suggestion in here just personal preferences? Smiley
Electrum is nice though.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
I use electrum so I don't need to download blockchain. but it is personal preference, it is not soooo much important, armory is good too.
Don't use blockchain.info wallet IMO

Yesterday I found someone is in possession of my private key from my address that I have @ blockchain.info
And he is a blockchain.info wallet user too... as last transaction make by someone using my address were done by blockchain.info nod - rest of them from nod IP 0.0.0.0 ...

and blockchain.info write me back :
"I am sorry to hear of these transactions that you did not initiate. I would also highly advise against ever using this compromised wallet again, as someone else clearly has the private keys in it. Changing your password & adding 2FA won't matter if the user has control of the private keys for that address. You need to never use that address or other addresses in that wallet again, set up a new wallet with new passwords & addresses, and enable Google Authenticator with that."

So they do not feel the problem - just I need to never use my address again ... not nice and not good.
And how come it is even possible that someone have got my private keys?
Crazy.

And is funny - I had only one address @ blockchain.info

Another address with same private key that someone else have was added to my wallet without me. I didn't knew till yesterday that I have another address there and my android blockchain wallet was showing only ballance from 1 address. CRAZY

Does the address have both other receipts and other spends that aren't yours?

If so, then it sounds like Blockchain isn't randomizing their keys well enough, and generated the same key for someone else. The possibility here should give pause to anyone using Blockchain wallets.

My recommendation: get another wallet, Mycelium if you want to be mobile, Electrum or Multibit if you don't want to deal with the entire block chain. Move all your coins to it (leaving this other person their coins,) then once that confirms, destroy your Blockchain wallet and never look back.

Also: if you suspect your computer is compromised, use a different computer/device for your new wallet.

Last part is very important. Make sure to check your computer regularly
for viruses and whatnot, use common sense when downloading / browsing etc.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Bitcoin QT on laptop, coinbase for online wallet
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!
Don't use blockchain.info wallet IMO

Yesterday I found someone is in possession of my private key from my address that I have @ blockchain.info
And he is a blockchain.info wallet user too... as last transaction make by someone using my address were done by blockchain.info nod - rest of them from nod IP 0.0.0.0 ...

and blockchain.info write me back :
"I am sorry to hear of these transactions that you did not initiate. I would also highly advise against ever using this compromised wallet again, as someone else clearly has the private keys in it. Changing your password & adding 2FA won't matter if the user has control of the private keys for that address. You need to never use that address or other addresses in that wallet again, set up a new wallet with new passwords & addresses, and enable Google Authenticator with that."

So they do not feel the problem - just I need to never use my address again ... not nice and not good.
And how come it is even possible that someone have got my private keys?
Crazy.

And is funny - I had only one address @ blockchain.info

Another address with same private key that someone else have was added to my wallet without me. I didn't knew till yesterday that I have another address there and my android blockchain wallet was showing only ballance from 1 address. CRAZY

Does the address have both other receipts and other spends that aren't yours?

If so, then it sounds like Blockchain isn't randomizing their keys well enough, and generated the same key for someone else. The possibility here should give pause to anyone using Blockchain wallets.

My recommendation: get another wallet, Mycelium if you want to be mobile, Electrum or Multibit if you don't want to deal with the entire block chain. Move all your coins to it (leaving this other person their coins,) then once that confirms, destroy your Blockchain wallet and never look back.

Also: if you suspect your computer is compromised, use a different computer/device for your new wallet.

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
blockchain because it is the one of the best out there and I dont need to sync everyday
You don't need to sync everyday with multibit. Maybe when you start it up but that takes about 5-7 seconds for me.

Yes, but it is nice to contribute to the network also.

blockchain because it is the one of the best out there and I dont need to sync everyday
You don't need to sync everyday with multibit. Maybe when you start it up but that takes about 5-7 seconds for me.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
A lot of Bitcoin clients and their descriptions at one place. It's a very useful thread!
Activity: 728
I use qt. I don't trust online wallets at all.
legendary
I use blockchain because its the safest online wallet

Are you serious?
Did you read what happend to me yesterday?

Someone have got same private key as I have @ blockchain.info wallet.

And when he recieve money I can transfer them to my another address. This is safe you say?
Activity: 518
I use blockchain because its the safest online wallet
Pages:
Jump to: