Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Bitcoin Exchange do you use and why ? - page 26. (Read 106974 times)

Activity: 311
Merit: 264
Coinbase, becauae
 -Great volume,
 -Great customer service,
 -Good reputation

Both you and op should read this http://www.theverge.com/a/anatomy-of-a-hack
Coinbase may have some atributes that make it good, but security is not one of them judging by this story. This is exactly why im using btc-e, even tho they also have
few issues (hard to get funds credited,slow response from support etc.)

cheers

Why on earth I need to read this ? Where did I support CoinBase ?
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
coinbase, gave me 5$ worth of btc free when i registered, might switch soon though, since they seem to track how you spend your bitcoin

and you don't own that Bitcoins as you don't own provate keys. You should really move to Blockchain.info if you want a web-based wallet or to Bither if you want a mobile wallet or Multibit, Electrum etc... if you want a PC wallet.

-MZ
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
coinbase, gave me 5$ worth of btc free when i registered, might switch soon though, since they seem to track how you spend your bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
Coinbase, becauae
 -Great volume,
 -Great customer service,
 -Good reputation

Both you and op should read this http://www.theverge.com/a/anatomy-of-a-hack
Coinbase may have some atributes that make it good, but security is not one of them judging by this story. This is exactly why im using btc-e, even tho they also have
few issues (hard to get funds credited,slow response from support etc.)

cheers
Activity: 448
Coinbase, becauae
 -Great volume,
 -Great customer service,
 -Good reputation

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Localbitcoin
Activity: 938
Quote from: bryant.coleman link=topic=576887.msg10590765#msg10590765
lol.... 25,000 Indonesian Rupiah is equivalent to 1.94 US Dollars. Hmm... I agree... the fees is a bit high. But when compared to the bank transaction fee in the European Union and the United States, it is tolerable.
yeah indeed, fee at vip is preety high
but you can use voucher to withdraw your money
which is more cheap than withdraw from vip
you can sell your vocher to someone want to buy your voucher
Activity: 196
coinbase
legendary
Activity: 1288
Blockchain All the way , loads fater then any other wallet

This thread is about bitcoin exchange lol. While blockchain.info is a good block explorer and wallet, it is not an exchange.
For one moment I really thought that blockchain became an exchange. Anyway. I use mostly local European exchanges such as bitcurex, I am not sure if this exchange is known at all, they are solid though https://bitcurex.com/
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
I use Bitstamp. Specially after the recent hack, I kind of trust them more. They dealt with it very well (though they probably shouldn't have had that many coins in a hot wallet).
Activity: 868

This thread is about bitcoin exchange lol. While blockchain.info is a good block explorer and wallet, it is not an exchange.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
I use Coinbase due to its offshore security for our bitcoins. I love the storage benefits and ownership. A truly secure platform for exchanging real cash into digital currency. The only aspect I question is the fact it has to attach to a bank account in order to operate. I can't use a cash card or other means to generate cryptocurrency. Sounds like an option that can keep it very anonymous but at the same time it does keep it very secure since there is a direct link to our cash.
legendary
Activity: 896
i was using btc-e exchange but started using kraken too.
kraken is a great exchange for me as an european to deposit euro's.
they have very responsive and helpful support too. if there is anything they will fix it in a short time.
btc-e isn't bad but i wish they had english support.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Kraken, because they have excellent security measures, support, transparency, solid policies, and everything just breaths professionalism.

I'm also OK with Bitstamp.

For the life of me, I don't understand why the hell people would trust their money with obscure, pseudo-anonymous shit like BTC-e or Cryptsy. It's a disaster waiting to happen.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
im using an philippine exchange company and im comfortable on their service Smiley

Which one?  Coins.ph or BuyBitcoin.ph?

Just want to know out of curiousity, to see what people from around the globe are using.
Activity: 140
im using an philippine exchange company and im comfortable on their service Smiley
Activity: 378
I am using Btc-e now, but maybe I'll use Bit-x too. Cool
Bit-x is very low fee too.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
most of the time use forums like Bitcointalk to trade my Bitcoins to any other payment method I like
I don't really trust exchangers since they are getting hacked one after the other which dosen't make me feel good
Just follow the wise rule : don't let your coins stayed in exchange wallet for period of time
withdraw it after your trading is finish, and send again to exchange wallet if you want to trade
If that exchange got hacked when you still trading, you must be very unlucky guy Sad
Activity: 353
Zichain
February 28, 2015, 01:37:04 PM
most of the time use forums like Bitcointalk to trade my Bitcoins to any other payment method I like
I don't really trust exchangers since they are getting hacked one after the other which dosen't make me feel good
Pages:
Jump to: