Pages:
Author

Topic: Which is better, staking or investing? - page 10. (Read 3200 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 25
February 13, 2021, 06:39:54 AM
Staking is investment too and they have different advantages and disadvantages, I think it's better if you do your own research to get the one that really suits you, staking is not my favorite because you can't take advantage big market price once you've staked your coin until the staking period is over
Activity: 2366
Merit: 668
God, save BTC!
February 13, 2021, 05:21:22 AM
The stake is likewise a type of contribution however very different than some other speculation.
The greatest actuality of stake is your resources become freeze and you won't ready to pull out them in crisis.
While investing you have the capacity to purchase and sell. You become the proprietor of your own speculation and can do anything with your resources.
Stakes are a hazardous route for making a profit since they rely upon the projects and the vast majority of activities are trick and Ponzi.
I lost heaps of cash their so I can not prescribe anybody to consider the stake.

You just didn't do the staking at the best time in the market, or a good project... You have to be very careful when choosing a project, too!

Staking is not supported in all projects, while you can invest in absolutely any coin... There are not so many reliable projects now, where you can buy a node for POS mining... I think that investing is less risky than staking...
My answer is the reverse thing of yours, maybe staking is really safer than investing. In staking there will be days or months with APY you may cancel it if you want in investing there's no accurate or precise thing that may happen if you will hold a coin for a longer period of time, it can actually makes us nervous and anxious waiting for it to pump, but there's a possibility that it cannot go higher as well, if I will be the one to choose, I rather choose staking, it is safer than investing.

Yes, but you can invest in any project...
Activity: 1820
Merit: 418
Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss
February 13, 2021, 04:46:31 AM
The stake is likewise a type of contribution however very different than some other speculation.
The greatest actuality of stake is your resources become freeze and you won't ready to pull out them in crisis.
While investing you have the capacity to purchase and sell. You become the proprietor of your own speculation and can do anything with your resources.
Stakes are a hazardous route for making a profit since they rely upon the projects and the vast majority of activities are trick and Ponzi.
I lost heaps of cash their so I can not prescribe anybody to consider the stake.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
February 11, 2021, 03:23:49 PM
I believe that before making a choice, you need to understand what the pros and cons of staking and investing. At least if we are talking, for example, about staking Ethereum, then this suggests that your expensive asset is not only stored in your wallet, but also brings passive income. And if you invest in a new project, then in this case there is a very high risk of having losses.

Both have advantages and disadvantages. Staking will surely increase your portfolio by generating passive income but investing will generate more money than staking. I want to give you one example like INJ. Those who invested in this token early already made more than 14X by now. You can not earn this much through staking in a short term.
Activity: 1093
Merit: 103
February 11, 2021, 09:57:52 AM
I believe that before making a choice, you need to understand what the pros and cons of staking and investing. At least if we are talking, for example, about staking Ethereum, then this suggests that your expensive asset is not only stored in your wallet, but also brings passive income. And if you invest in a new project, then in this case there is a very high risk of having losses.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
January 31, 2021, 04:42:24 PM
Staking is not supported in all projects, while you can invest in absolutely any coin... There are not so many reliable projects now, where you can buy a node for POS mining... I think that investing is less risky than staking...
My answer is the reverse thing of yours, maybe staking is really safer than investing. In staking there will be days or months with APY you may cancel it if you want in investing there's no accurate or precise thing that may happen if you will hold a coin for a longer period of time, it can actually makes us nervous and anxious waiting for it to pump, but there's a possibility that it cannot go higher as well, if I will be the one to choose, I rather choose staking, it is safer than investing.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 103
The OGz Club
January 30, 2021, 07:58:10 PM
The strategy that traders have is very different from investors, staking is usually done by traders and investing is done by investors,
but now investors have a way to get more profit than trading, namely staking, yup staking has become popular among investors and traders alike,
join on Binance and you can easily stake.
Activity: 560
Merit: 26
January 30, 2021, 04:44:32 PM
Based on my own experience, investing is much better than staking. Even though the risk is higher in investing, it would be best that you do it cause the higher the risk, the higher the reward. The only time staking gets risky is when you are brave enough to stake high prices. When investing, patience is very essential. The longer your investment is, the more successful it may get cause if you are not going to be patient, you will end up losing potential incomes. You still need to assess the price change in the market whenever you are investing.

You have summarize everything, this is clearly what happens in this space. I am not move by this staking trend or liquidity provider as new frenzy for everyone to hold. I have also come across different new projects that also give 300% and I don't just like the idea of anyone locking my funds.
Invest in whatever you wish to buy and hold for long term and also try to get updates, don't get your tokens locked for 90days with hope of huge apy.
Remember an Apy is annual.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 286
January 30, 2021, 10:29:41 AM
Based on my own experience, investing is much better than staking. Even though the risk is higher in investing, it would be best that you do it cause the higher the risk, the higher the reward. The only time staking gets risky is when you are brave enough to stake high prices. When investing, patience is very essential. The longer your investment is, the more successful it may get cause if you are not going to be patient, you will end up losing potential incomes. You still need to assess the price change in the market whenever you are investing.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 666
January 29, 2021, 08:19:22 AM
I have tried staking several times but the results are not as expected. usually later there will be a price dump that makes the ROI calculation a loss. if you want to invest make a purchase and save. My advice if you are interested in Staking you have to be right to be able to pay attention to what is good or bad. because now there are so many coins that have the potential to be a scam and don't get caught up in the Hype

Both are risky but I would go with the higher risk which is investing. By investing, you will learn as you are the one managing your assets through trading, when you are just staking, it's so boring as you are like putting your money in the bank and wait until it will earn an interest but the risk is still high as crypto in general is volatile, so if you stake on bad project, your holdings will increase but the equivalent will drop.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 668
God, save BTC!
January 27, 2021, 09:09:15 AM
Activity: 518
Merit: 23
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 27, 2021, 05:17:25 AM
The open blockchain platform Harmony has announced that it will start supporting staking from now, in an effort to create a blockchain-based infrastructure.
source: https://www.harmony.one/
Of course, as I know, there are many exchanges that support staking.
I want to fully understand what is staking and what are the best coins and platforms that we can do staking and give good profits?

My most important question: Which is better, staking or investing?

Staking is another way to earn money within this industry and yes it is effective but its not friendly to newbies to this industry. Staking can present better rewards as long as you stake higher values which is not the same for Investing. Investing depends on how long have you been investing it because some platforms makes their platforms better throughout the years which makes them cater a lot of new investors which adds to the money of previous investors.

So I guess, Staking is good if you have knowledge to do it but Investing is better because all you have to do is watch and wait your money grow.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
January 27, 2021, 04:54:50 AM
What is mortgage?
What is investment?
What is the difference between them
Activity: 2450
Merit: 329
January 27, 2021, 04:47:15 AM
Not every staking means that you have to freeze your money there, you could simply just leave your money in your wallet and stake that way if you want to, that is how most proof of stake works and you could get out whenever you want to. There is of course some that prefer with the "locking" method where you put money in the system and lock it for certain amount of period and take the money out afterwards, which rewards higher profits but at the same time those people who lock their money take that risk as well so it is definitely a worthy situation.

I have to say investing is definitely the best option without staking, but with staking it is not as bad as people imagine, it is definitely still a great way of making money, as long as you do not risk it and just keep holding good coins that means you are going to profit in the future, only important part is not to pick a bad coin.
Activity: 1890
Merit: 101
1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org
January 26, 2021, 01:07:52 PM
^ staking or investing! for me, the best is investing. I have participated in the staking program several times but the results I get are not as much if I invest. investing is much better even though the risk is large, not like staking where our profits are set a number of presents during several lockdown days, if you are lucky then you can get profits tens or even hundreds of times from your investing.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 437
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274318.0
January 26, 2021, 12:56:57 PM
My most important question: Which is better, staking or investing?

Staking doesn't produce anything of value, it's just useless inflation. For every "free" coin you get by staking your portfolio is depreciating by a similar amount (or more, if some other bagholders have masternodes or some other contraption that produces more inflation).

I remember my early days in crypto. I was so excited to stake my crypto for the first time.
I stake Digicube (CUBE) on that time. I am so happy to get free crypto by doing nothing.
Until.. a few days later the price drop hard every time the stake period ends.
Yeah, I am that dumb. But I learn something from that moment.
Staking is a competition to push each other (staking participant) down in asset value.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
January 26, 2021, 08:47:38 AM
Staking or investing they carry same risk, the project you pick must be very good for you to make good ROI if you invest and also if you are staking make sure the project have good use because if it's not good enough you will be at loss when your staking cycle is over
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
January 26, 2021, 07:43:35 AM
From my point of view, Both of them are profitable depending on how much money you will use. But investing is much better than staking because investing gives a much higher percentage of profit in a short time, depending on the coin you invest your money in. Unlike staking, it just gives a little interest like depositing in traditional banks.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 295
January 26, 2021, 06:16:46 AM
Both staking and investments are good options; but over the last few days my opinion has been updated and i feel like staking is better; before you can stake you have to buy that token (this is a form of investment already); staking then gives  you the option to earn more of that token or other forms of token. This lets you earn on 2 fronts. I will advise you do your research and ensure investment in the best token and if you do staking; do so on the best platform.
Activity: 166
Merit: 12
January 26, 2021, 02:53:09 AM
Staking with top altcoins should be less risky compared to investing but that's on new altcoins investment, there is no difference if you buy old altcoins and hold or stake, it's same thing to me, I prefer to exchange my electricity for coins (mining) than staking though
Pages:
Jump to: