Pages:
Author

Topic: Which operating system do you use? Windows? Linux? Mac? other? - page 5. (Read 15069 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 510
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
im using dual bot, windows and linux, i use windows for design and gaming, linux for educational purposes.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Windows mainly, Used linux before and did not like it, Used XP, Vista, 7, 8 and the best of them at it's time was XP, 7 was great OS too IMO.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Win 10 but it has annoying popup saying it will expire soon   Roll Eyes
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Which operating system do you use? Windows? Linux? Mac? other?
i am use windows 8,and some years ago also use dual boot,use windows 7 and 8 Grin i love windows because i am often use that,maybe if i have macbook,i will love mac Grin
Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
I've always used windows.  Macs are too expensive for a lot of people.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
I use Windows, like most people
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
I use the good old windows still. I really wanted to go linux once but gaming and ease to use makes me stay at windows.

Recently i feel Ubuntu has passed Windows when it comes to ease of use. Except if you want to play games.  Grin Then Linux is quite the hassle.
I run Xubuntu myself, and I even managed to make my dad switch from Windows to Ubuntu.
Activity: 475
Presale is live!
I use the good old windows still. I really wanted to go linux once but gaming and ease to use makes me stay at windows.
Activity: 280
Now win8 and probably ll upgrade to win 10
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
I tried to use Linux many times, but I always found it too difficult and switched back to Windows because. Anyway, I think if I buy a second computer, I will try again to use some Linux distro...  Smiley
Same here  Sad Whenever i try to install linux (ubuntu  mostly) i always fail to install it long with windows. Finally i'm using windows 10 enterprise now.

You guys should give Elementary OS a shot. It's designed to be really easy to use, you don't have to learn the terminal/commands. Plus it's gorgeous and uses very little RAM, check it out on YouTube. It's been a full year now since I moved to eOS from Win 10 (since the Insider program) and I totally love it. For gaming I have the Steam client installed which is all I need really Smiley
Activity: 332
Ubuntu 14.04 Smiley
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Windows 7 64Bit on all three
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
I am using windows 8.1 64 bit..
Activity: 599
Merit: 500
Windows 7 & 8.1 & 10 - for games,photoshop ..
Linux Ubuntu 14.10 & 15.10 - for security ( wallets .. )
Android 4.4.4 KitKat on mobile.
Activity: 821
Merit: 1003
I use Linux of course, it has everything I need
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2472
https://JetCash.com
Windows 10, Chrome OS and Android. I used to use SuSe on a desktop, but that's not too handy for mobile computing. I want to start using Ubuntu, and that's the reasonI bought the Win 10 notebook, but atm I seem to have got myself locked into Windows to my regret.
Activity: 464
Windows ofc because it's the best
Activity: 434
Windows and Android OS
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
i have been using windows all the versions so far in my life but i love to learn how to use linux.
Activity: 182
Merit: 107
Just as an example, a close friend of mine was having trouble getting skype to work on Windows. It worked in the past but it suddenly stopped working whenever she plugged her USB headset in. Continued to work with built-in mic but not the headset.

For several days I tried helping her, figuring out what was wrong with it. Bought a new headset, that didn't help either.

Finally I asked a friend. His response "First thing to try is always a reboot"

So we did that and suddenly her skype started working with the USB headset.

That would have never occurred to me because rebooting is never the solution in Linux.
Pages:
Jump to: