Pages:
Author

Topic: Which operating system do you use? Windows? Linux? Mac? other? - page 8. (Read 15069 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Moved to university and am using a mac for designing. worst mistake ever
Activity: 263
Merit: 250
Windows 7  Smiley

Well I use WIndow 10 on my latop, but in my pc i use Ubuntu because my windows crashed I get errors. I like Ubuntu for work but for games it really sucks Sad

Steam OS is the way forward:  http://store.steampowered.com/steamos

Literally no point in it. its for gaming only and doest offer anything windows couldnt do or linux
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
Marshall Mathers
Ubuntu 14.04 Much better than windows  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
Maybe im among a few here but i use Windows.  Smiley
Activity: 294
win 10 because it gives my information to authorities so they can protect me  Smiley

Who told that your info goes to the authorities and not so some random guy? Anyway there is a tool to disable the spying from microsoft and oh god, microsoft really send your info to a lot of websites

windows is closed source, you'll have to trust them that they won't send the information anyway even if you disallow it or or use tools to disable

of course microsoft is nice and would never do it if you don't allow, right?
Activity: 182
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
win 10 because it gives my information to authorities so they can protect me  Smiley

Who told that your info goes to the authorities and not so some random guy? Anyway there is a tool to disable the spying from microsoft and oh god, microsoft really send your info to a lot of websites
Activity: 294
windows 7 64 bit
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Activity: 196

Well I use WIndow 10 on my latop, but in my pc i use Ubuntu because my windows crashed I get errors. I like Ubuntu for work but for games it really sucks Sad

SteamOS just looks like Ubuntu or Debian with Steam preinstalled.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

Activity: 196
Arch Linux and Windows 8.1 dual boot

What I say when people find out that I dual boot:
Activity: 644
Merit: 503
Anything Unix, though quite a few jobs in the past involved using a Windows desktop to shell into Unix boxes. Right now I've got a Macbook (and I'm loving OS X) and various boxes running Linux (mostly Debian or Ubuntu). In the near future I'm setting up a new NAS, and that'll be either a BSD- or Solaris-derivative.
Activity: 140

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
I have tried both operating systems and I use different systems at work, on road and at home too, so I don't stick to any of them I can use every kind of them easily
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031
Windows. I get too used to it cant even think to switch

I'am using Windows however I have to say that Linux is definitly the future , it can be installed on PCs, laptops, netbooks, mobile and tablet devices, video game consoles, servers, supercomputers and more. Android for example is based on Linux kernel .
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005
I use Linux mostly

Debian
Pages:
Jump to: