Author

Topic: Whitelist Requests (Want out of here?) - page 175. (Read 474339 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
September 14, 2012, 04:33:21 AM
i'm regular reader here today only i planned to post , i saw that i can't

i going to made intro video now
Activity: 3
September 14, 2012, 03:25:20 AM
I'm an investor looking to diversify his portfolio.
I created an account to learn more about bitcoin as an investment and to purchase some through the marketplace.
I have a degree in Applied Mathmatics.
I'm interested in the impact of decentralized currencies on governments.
I play strip solitaire.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
September 14, 2012, 02:19:16 AM
Im just some guy who doesnt like this newbie area anymore, starting to get claustrophobic.

OMG, i think the walls are starting to move in, and the air is all muggy, and...... huh....i cant breath.........
Activity: 12
September 14, 2012, 02:12:35 AM
I'm a mobile developer interested in working on a development project involving fellowtraveler's open transactions platform. I would like to post in the development forum in reply to a bounty he's offered. I registered on the forum today specifically for this purpose.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
www.OroCoin.co
September 13, 2012, 02:21:11 PM
I'd like to be whitelisted so that I can post this in an appropriate location. This is a repost. I have a couple of real problems here, and can't do anything about it as a 'noob.' I'm obviously not spamming, and I am not asking for anyone to send me BTC, so I can't be a scammer...

I'm having 2 problems with bitcoind.

It always creates 2 new addresses when I ask it to make 1. The PHP code is super simple.

Code: (test.html)
require_once 'jsonRPCClient.php';
$bitcoin = new jsonRPCClient('http://username:[email protected]:8332/');

echo 
"Connection Count: ";
print_r($bitcoin->getconnectioncount());

echo 
"
"
;
echo 
"Block Count: ";
print_r($bitcoin->getblockcount());

echo 
"
"
;
echo 
"Get New Address";

echo 
"
"
;
echo 
"Balance: ";
print_r($bitcoin->getbalance());

echo 
"
"
;
echo 
"Addresses: 
"
;
$addresses = ($bitcoin->getaddressesbyaccount(""));
$n 1;
foreach (
$addresses as $v) {
echo "$v target=_new>$v - $n
"
;
$n $n +1;
}
unset(
$v);
unset(
$n);
unset(
$addresses);
unset(
$bitcoin);
?>

Code: (getnewaddress.html)
require_once 'jsonRPCClient.php';
$bitcoin = new jsonRPCClient('http://username:[email protected]:8332/');
print_r($bitcoin->getnewaddress(""));
unset(
$bitcoin);
?>

It shows me 1 new address, but when I come back to the test.html, 2 new ones have been created.

I can work around this by preculding the command with a foreach that iterates the existing addresses and checks for any BTC sent to it, as soon as it hits one with 0, it breaks out and shows that as the new address instead of running the getnewaddress command. If everything has BTC sent to it, then it proceeds to make a new one, making 2, and we rinse and repeat...

But I really shouldn't have to and it seems no one else is having this problem...

Second problem is that bitcoind insists on filling the drive up with 9.6M binary files called "log.00000XXXX." It never stops writing this crap to the drive. And since the file isn't human readable, I have no idea what's wrong. They are in the /var/lib/bitcoin/.bitcon/database/ directory. The continuous drive I/O sometimes makes the machine unusable and jsonRPCClient actions fail. Once bitcoind loads up, the machine is virtually unusable. It's just burning up the drive stuffing it full of 9.6M jibberish files for no reason.

Code: (ls -lah /var/lib/bitcoin/.bitcoin/database/)
total 42M
drwx------ 2 bitcoin bitcoin  208 Sep 13 17:45 .
drwxr-xr-x 4 bitcoin bitcoin  512 Sep 12 21:22 ..
-rw------- 1 bitcoin bitcoin 9.6M Sep 13 16:54 log.0000000433
-rw------- 1 bitcoin bitcoin 9.6M Sep 13 17:11 log.0000000434
-rw------- 1 bitcoin bitcoin 9.6M Sep 13 17:27 log.0000000435
-rw------- 1 bitcoin bitcoin 9.6M Sep 13 17:45 log.0000000436
-rw------- 1 bitcoin bitcoin 9.6M Sep 13 17:50 log.0000000437

It'll just keep making more until the drive fills up...

I'd like to post this in an appropriate location...

UPDATE:

Switched to ~amd64 on the bitcoind package, deleted entire /var/lib/bitcoin/.bitcoin directory, emerged 0.7, everything works fine now.
Activity: 412
Merit: 286
September 13, 2012, 11:19:08 AM
I'd like to be white-listed.. I'm interested in talking to people with a good deal of experience with bitcoin and developing tools for it. I'm working on an open-source marketplace called BitWasp http://github.com/Bit-Wasp/BitWasp / http://thelaboratory.org
I'd like to get out of here ASAP and get chatting to everyone else Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
September 13, 2012, 11:04:30 AM
I represent www.CoinConnect.org can I be whitelisted??
Sure, if cablepair thinks so.
Cool ask him then he told me to set up an account for CoinConnect.  I'm the sites mod/admin.  Thanks.
Activity: 6
September 13, 2012, 09:15:20 AM
Can i get whitelisted?

I want to play with this nice fellow: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108832.40

and i've to post in his thread, that i submitted some coins. i guess he wont double it much longer...

Thx,
Foo, Baer

same here

and i just posted this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1187524
which should show that i know one or two things about bitcoins
Activity: 24
September 13, 2012, 02:10:24 AM
Can i get whitelisted?

I want to play with this nice fellow: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108832.40

and i've to post in his thread, that i submitted some coins. i guess he wont double it much longer...

Thx,
Foo, Baer

Activity: 13
September 12, 2012, 11:51:20 PM
I would like to take part in discussions on the rest of this forum. Can I get a whitelist? 2 hours is a long time.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Who shot who in the what now?
September 12, 2012, 04:06:44 PM
Hey guys,

I'd hereby like to request whitelisting. I've been a Bitcoin user for about a year and a (low-profile) miner for a month now.

That's why I switched from lurking to registered user: I'd like to participate in p2pool and p2pmining.com discussions, since I'm mining with them and had to bug JayCoin via PM with some stupid stuff that could have been discussed elsewhere.

I've actually accumulated quite some online time already waiting for a thread in "Newbies" worthwhile posting to (from my perspective). Hasn't happened yet. But I'm willing to wait.

Thanks for your partience.
Would be awesome to receive a short notice whether this has been approved or not.

Cheers!
drekk

Edit: Also, I might know little to nothing about pirateat40's whereabouts.

Is this where you go after you post all your garbage posts?
1 post to "Introduce yourself"
1 alibi post to any thread you like in "Newbies"
1 sincere request for whitelisting
1...n trolololololol
Activity: 14
September 12, 2012, 12:14:37 PM
Hi! I would like to get whitelisted please. I think I know a lot about bitcoin lol. I have been mining for a longtime. I learned from my brother who has a server farm.
I know a lot about mining hardware too. I also preordered 3 BFL singles for what its worth. Please find it in your heart to whitelist me lol.
Activity: 17
September 12, 2012, 11:44:46 AM
I've made my few introductory posts and I've lurked for a while so I've got to be close to being able to post elsewhere, but if somebody wants to go ahead and approve me now, I'd be fine with that too Cheesy
Activity: 11
September 12, 2012, 11:40:20 AM
At first I want to admire this idea of Whitelist, great idea.

I am here to find people to make business with, or in fact purchase Bitcoins from.

I understand forum rules and will do my best to obey them.

Please send me out of here! This is my 6th post.

Thank you very much  Wink
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
September 11, 2012, 08:52:52 PM
Hi Staff of Bitcoin Talk.

Im a rep for Quantum Kiwi ( Quantumkiwi.com ) a New zealand premium cloud hosting company.

Im very familiar with bitcoin and how the bitcoin network operates. Im currently developing a GPU miner for my rigs.

I have made my self very aware of the rules and regulations in place on these forums.

I wish to request a whitelist, so i can post in other areas - Its taking a long long time to get to the 4 hours and ive made a fair amount of posts.

Best Regards,
Quantum Kiwi Smiley
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
September 11, 2012, 07:34:47 PM
let me out so i can leave some reat feedback for Paraipan !! Cheesy

Hi there and welcome  Smiley
Activity: 21
September 11, 2012, 07:32:27 PM
let me out so i can leave some reat feedback for Paraipan !! Cheesy
Activity: 7
September 11, 2012, 04:36:23 PM
I have done my time in virtual prison, can I get out now.  Thanks warden
me to! me to!
I hope, its automatic and I can get out already ... Wink
Activity: 5
September 11, 2012, 03:45:35 PM
It´s all about the whitelist!

I am really here to finde people to trade with, or in fact purchase Bitcoins from.

I understand there are do´s and dont´s in this Furum and will do my best not to be tricked out of my hard earned cash.

Truth of the matter is my wife hates me beeing on the computer all the time and I´m to old to become single because of this.

Please send me out of here!

regards
Activity: 246
Merit: 250
Team Heritage Motorsports
September 11, 2012, 12:17:31 PM
I have done my time in virtual prison, can I get out now.  Thanks warden
Jump to: