Pages:
Author

Topic: Who actually invests in ICO's? - page 7. (Read 1560 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 0
November 17, 2018, 04:46:27 PM
After scrolling through the pages of this thread I was very disappointed. "Who actually invests in ICO's" and the answers all had to do with wether you wanted short or long term goals and how big your risk tolerance is. If deep down those are the criteria with which you decide which project to back, then you yourself are to blame for the situation we are in. Investing in an ICO should mean that you truly share a project's vision and by investing you show your support and that you're here to stay until it's turned into reality. What happened to all the geeks wanting to invest in ICO's in order to change the world? If everyone cashed out whenever they got a few good % on their investment then propably every project would have been abandoned half way. Projects like hinounou, where a decentralized healthcare ecosystem is accessible to our elders, or mfchain that wants to act like the backbone of cryptocurrency payments, are not projects that you cash out of when a chance for some good returns comes up but when their dream turns into reality.  

P.S. If that happens then the returns are always way higher too!
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
November 17, 2018, 04:10:18 PM
I think the one thing why people invest into ICOs is the potential ROI (return on investment). It is a speculation
that the idea behind a project is strong enough to ensure and bring profit for the investment.
Activity: 560
November 17, 2018, 01:26:11 PM
I think that most people who once earned money on ICO and now continue to take part in investing, also bounty hunters who work in the market are the main investors. Now there are very few new investors.
copper member
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
November 17, 2018, 12:06:27 AM
they where probably VC / INSTITUTION investor who got in cheaper than anyone knows they pump huge money on there then they will just unload it on market to common people
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
November 16, 2018, 11:59:07 PM
That should be the trust that the investors give to the project. Hoping that the project will fruit in the future.
Rather than just doubting that all project were bad, Those investors put their trust on a project after doing many research. IMO.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
November 16, 2018, 11:40:24 PM
Although I don't know how the ICO project attracts other investors, I know why it appeals to me!
1. Project innovation
2. Team strength (including reputation)
3. Partner
4. Good sales channels
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
November 16, 2018, 11:39:39 PM
I'm not sure about "who" the investors are. But, I'm sure that every investor that invests in an ICO is the one who cares about the promising technology and future investments. And of course, they will think whether the ICO is worthy and profitable or not in the future. I think that the investors do believe that the coins that they invest in the iCO will make profits for them. That's why many more investors are entered in such ICOs every day.
ICO is a bad choice at this time as most ICO projects are now scams and it is difficult to identify good projects. I think in the past few months, investors are experiencing a lot of liquidity issues that make them feel more depressed. I do not believe in new ICO projects because it is very risky in the bear market
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
November 16, 2018, 11:34:15 PM
investors in addition to seeing the results then also look at the project from the functionality or usability. for example, a lot of interest was about technology. In addition to the results obtained, bus technology that is carried by the ICO also certainly be great expectations can be created and use for the future. Indeed because too many scams make sense of trust in the investment decline. But investors still see that ICO investment potential is still great to be taken.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 144
Penguin Party 🐟
November 16, 2018, 08:40:49 PM
People all around the world invest in New ICO's everyday. The reason being is if the project has a decent marketing team behind it then it will reach more investors. With a good marketer you gain slots and get to speak about your project if you pre register at a blockchain conference. That is where they gain most of their jnvestors. I would say 90% of investors for project meet at some type of blockchain confrence and are presented a new project. Then decide to invest. 

Most major investors like to meet a team firsthand before investing. I used toninvest in ICO's but I was scammed one to many times so now i just do twitter bounties and signature campaigns. But without investors and only bounty hunters a project would never succeed. As they would have zero funs. So somewhere people are investing
Activity: 753
Merit: 15
mulierum.com
November 16, 2018, 07:58:22 PM
I'm not sure about "who" the investors are. But, I'm sure that every investor that invests in an ICO is the one who cares about the promising technology and future investments. And of course, they will think whether the ICO is worthy and profitable or not in the future. I think that the investors do believe that the coins that they invest in the iCO will make profits for them. That's why many more investors are entered in such ICOs every day.
Activity: 658
Merit: 252
November 16, 2018, 07:39:20 PM
Often, investors are large companies or a group of people who have a large amount of money. There are projects that ordinary people can often invest in. Such projects are related to the implementation of blockchain in real life.
Activity: 486
November 16, 2018, 07:28:30 PM
I don't know how a stupid thread with stupid tittle like this even can get Merit Smiley). Of course investors are investing in ICO projects Smiley). What do you wanna know more? Name or full identity of each investors or anything else? Everyone whom invest in ICO project also called investors. That's all.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
ONe Social Network
November 16, 2018, 07:23:21 PM
to be honest, I myself cannot understand who is now investing because I think that it is not profitable to invest my money now on the market
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
November 16, 2018, 07:20:13 PM
I know that most of todays traders are here just to make a quick buck, they dont care about the project, or the idea behind the project, they just want "PUUUPM" and "MOOOON". And with all the scam ICO's that we had in the past( my personal favorite BitConneeeeect) people have lost faith in ICO's. But still new ICO's and new ideas are being published every day, I've seen on some projects that i'm following that they reached their soft or hardcap, but what triggers my mind is: Who is investing in those ICO's, what is the one thing that lures the todays investors into investing in a certain project?
The ICOs frenzy is over. People hardly invest in ICOs this days. They rather wait for the project to be fully launched and proceed on to buy from the exchanges. That is why the ICOs find it difficult to even reach their softcap.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
November 16, 2018, 07:14:11 PM
To be honest, most of the people over here invest in an ICO just for making some quick profit out of it. If they see a project with huge potential, they also see a hefty amount of profit with it. Thus, with the hope of making huge profit they end up investing on those ICO. Again, there are some people who are genuinely interest on those project and thus invests on the ICO to help the developers.
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
November 16, 2018, 06:59:51 PM
Actually, with the way things have been these past few months, it makes no sense investing in any ico without real substance. This is because its almost certain that once these projects get listed on an exchange, the price often crashes by over 60% from the ICO price making it almost impossible for investors to get anything out of their investments. The strategy is to wait and buy at a far cheaper rate once it gets listed on the exchanges because it certainly will dump massively. People who invest in ICOs nowadays actually have no idea of the market or they are just plain naive. Investing in ICOs isn't lucrative and shouldn't be embarked upon at the moment,  Probably until the markets return to normal but for now, it's a no go....
Activity: 2408
Merit: 202
November 16, 2018, 06:54:53 PM
The investors in the icos project is from the trading investor also or the bounty hunters invest as itself where they she/he participate to supprot the project to got earn after the icos end
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
November 16, 2018, 06:48:40 PM
There's still a lot of ICO investors among us some of these are those who made huge gain in the past ICO that they've invested and they want to continue to make a profit, but some ICO are faking their volume to make it look that investors are coming but in fact they are just the one investing on it.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
November 16, 2018, 06:40:27 PM
The answer to who is investing in ICO projects at now can only be investors in cryptocurrency. ICO traders will carefully analyze each ICO project they will invest in, and after they find a potential project, they will begin the investment process from the pre-ICO phase until the project stops the Token Sale.
Activity: 560
November 16, 2018, 06:36:19 PM
If you hope to get an answer that something like that, that philanthropists and patrons invest in ICO, then it is not so. In ICO, ordinary people who are eager to make a profit invest, this applies to both large and small investors.
Pages:
Jump to: