Pages:
Author

Topic: Who Are ETH's Biggest Competitors? - page 7. (Read 749 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10
February 24, 2018, 08:27:28 AM
I strongly agree, many threads mention the NEO is a future Ethereum competitor or even in the near future. because there are already ICOs that are NEO based, and indeed in my opinion also NEO very very potential to become the competitor of ethereum.
By being supported by China there is no doubt about that NEO is the biggest competitor of ETH. But NEO is not the only competitor which is going to replace the no.2 of ETH on the coinmarketcap, Litecoin is also a good coin and its rank is higher than NEO at the moment, I believe that these coin are going to become the next ETH in the near future or maybe right at the end of this year
Activity: 294
Vertex.Market, the World's First ICO Aftermarket
February 24, 2018, 08:25:13 AM
I personally HODL ETH as I view it as the top blockchain in terms of what ICO's and projects use. If your opinion(s) out there, who do you think are their biggest competitors in terms of ICO's and blockchain projects?

I have heard that NEO is one of them but I'm curious to know who else could challenge them in that regard.

I also think NEO has a good potential and popularity to be a real competitor of the ethereum. After of that, IOTA and Waves might be good competitors of the ethereum in the future.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
February 24, 2018, 08:22:14 AM
I strongly agree, many threads mention the NEO is a future Ethereum competitor or even in the near future. because there are already ICOs that are NEO based, and indeed in my opinion also NEO very very potential to become the competitor of ethereum.
Activity: 266
February 24, 2018, 08:19:02 AM
Cardano has a good sciences background, supported by Japan. Anyway today ETH very strong because a good promotion it's main thing for price up.
Activity: 224
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 24, 2018, 08:14:29 AM
I think there are two other contenders besides NEO. The first one is QTUM, and there are more and more ICO projects based on QTUM. The other project is EOS, and EOS may surpass ETH.
Activity: 238
RedKLess
February 24, 2018, 08:11:05 AM
yeah, i hodl ETH too and the biggest ETH competitors is NEO or Waves because have similar platform i think
but other altcoin have chance to, like LTC or Ripple etc.
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
February 24, 2018, 08:09:29 AM
The strongest competitor of ETH is NEO for sure...maybe in 2019 in could even overthrone ETH. Other platfrom-based coins for the future can be WAVES and Stellar. And also the newcomers for ICOs platform can be interesting alternative: ICX and STRAT. So many choices! Only time will show which will succeed and which will fall.
Activity: 532
Merit: 114
February 24, 2018, 08:02:36 AM
Eth is constantly being referred to as the next bitcoin, so in that context maybe bitcoin, though i dont agree with that one. Neo, ripple, litecoin and waves might be named as some of the biggest competitors, but nowhere close to it yet.
Activity: 179
February 24, 2018, 07:57:20 AM
Besides NEO, I personally think Waves could be a worthy competitor after the smart contracts are implemented.  Waves has a strong team and have been marketing it's project very well.  The Waves DEX is also nice because it eliminates the fear of losing tokens on centralized exchanges if they get hacked. 

yes, agree with you, I think so too, the wave will be a competitor to ethereum (ETH), because the wave has a character and platform similar to ethereum, that is, the smartcontract feature.
besides waves, I think NXT will also be one of the competitors, because NXT also has a similar platform.

I dont agree with this. Waves and nxt have the same platform like etherium and its true.
But have same platform could not guarantee it can be good enough competitor with etherium.
Etherium has very big community that waves and nxt dont have. So they can not be good competitor.
Activity: 168
Merit: 22
February 24, 2018, 07:52:21 AM
I personally HODL ETH as I view it as the top blockchain in terms of what ICO's and projects use. If your opinion(s) out there, who do you think are their biggest competitors in terms of ICO's and blockchain projects?

I have heard that NEO is one of them but I'm curious to know who else could challenge them in that regard.

For me i think it's either litecoin or ripple that ranks as the thirds most promising coin and ico that next to etherium.But holding eth is also a good choice mate,i suggest to still hold it,there might a time that etherium will rise its price.For a better choice you can check their potential through online,there you can see if the project or the ico has the possibility of growth.
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
February 24, 2018, 07:34:28 AM

I think NEM (XEM), and Universa (UTN) are going to be ETH's top competition. I am holding on some Universa as it might become the next ETH, though I want to buy XEM but have no funds to spare at the moment.
Activity: 336
February 24, 2018, 07:24:18 AM
I think that at the moment the competitor of the etherium can be only NEO. The rest are still too far from NEO.
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem
February 24, 2018, 07:18:35 AM
I think that the competitor is the projects on which ICO is actively conducted. For today, from the competitors I see only NEO. The rest is only gaining momentum.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
February 24, 2018, 07:15:43 AM
Neo and Waves could be future competitors but Ethereum is currently so dominant that there really is no current competitor at the moment.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
February 24, 2018, 07:12:05 AM

There are quite a few smart contract platforms that aim to compete with Ethereum. Yes, NEO is one. Cardano is the highest competitor in marketcap, but is still at a very early stage. There are plenty of others out there, too.
ETH does have quite a substantial first-mover advantage - just look at the EEA for a start.
Also remember it is not always the best technology that wins, there is also popularity.
Activity: 135
Merit: 0
February 24, 2018, 07:05:43 AM
Smartcontracts like erc20 have Waves and soon will have EOS and STEEM as SMT, so they will be biggest, eos even have slogan as etherium killer.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
February 24, 2018, 07:05:00 AM
LISK from Germany is going to be the biggest threat to ethereum. Progress is slow but solid with scalability and accessibility in mind. This year they will be releasing the SDK to allow DAPPS and ICOs on their blockchain written in javascript. ICOs will move from eth and neo to LISK by the end of the year.
Activity: 602
Merit: 107
February 24, 2018, 07:01:34 AM
NEO is getting more and more traction and ICO launching on its platform.

But it's not a real competitor to Ethereum. Vitalik recently suggested a new improved model of ICO 2.0 which would allow investors to release funds raised in steps on a monthly bases and vote if the funds should be released or not. I think this can greatly improve the ICO ecosystem and prevent scams.

You can read more about this improved ICO 2.0 models here: https://coincodex.com/article/1329/vitalik-buterin-suggest-improvements-to-ico-model/
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
February 24, 2018, 06:52:13 AM
Only real one out there is Neo as it have similar tech behind it and its even older project then ethereum.Also Neo is backed buy china so they will push the progres out for it and it will surrpase ethereum in some time for sure
Activity: 994
Merit: 515
Get'em boys
February 24, 2018, 06:37:18 AM
Aion is joining this competition and I think they are a well organised project who I see to be a contender for this race and not forgetting  waves is a good competitor
Pages:
Jump to: