Pages:
Author

Topic: Who controls the market? - page 25. (Read 32409 times)

Activity: 270
Merit: 10
October 14, 2018, 04:20:19 PM
Since the time I joined cryptocurrency,i can't specifically point out bodies that regulate the market. I think it is determined by how valuable each coin is generally. No one determines the market but it's the value of the coin.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
October 14, 2018, 04:04:18 PM
The market is controlled by the algorithm that keeps the blochchain standing. That's all.
And everyone can verify the operation of this algorithm, because it is open source.
Then, who MANIPULATES the market is another matter, we will hardly be able to find out.
Activity: 728
Merit: 264
October 14, 2018, 03:29:48 PM
I dont think that someone can control that kind of market. A few whales may be able to manipulate prices. I believe that the high volume on the market controls the entire market.
Activity: 484
Merit: 100
October 14, 2018, 03:09:27 PM
No individual or any organization can control Crypto. Those who control Crypto are the trader and the holder, and they are the ones who control it. As their purchases increase, they will push up the market and, when purchased, will cause the market to stop moving.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
October 14, 2018, 03:04:30 PM
Human psychology (fear and greed) actually controls the market
absolutely right because all this time the market depends on the trader, if more and more traders are buying coins then to increase the market is certain and vice versa
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
October 14, 2018, 02:03:26 PM
Remember, this whole thing about crypto is largely decentralized, thus, there is no single authoritative body in control of the crypto market. Although there are few centralized platforms among crypto, the market is largely influenced by the efforts and influence of the users of crypto. How well sellers and buyers treat the coins on the market affect the performance of the market.

I think there is no controls over the market but only in the exchanges. Even decentralized exchange has their admin that is controlling the flow of coins but the marketing would be the same as the other exchanges. The prices will always depend on how investors perform in every exchanges, so there is no manipulation in the market based on my observations.

Well, I agree. However, there is so much talk about big companies or people with so much invested money in cryptocurrencies that they can control how one coin moves by simply increasing or decreasing the amount of transaction they do by the sheer amount of asset they hold. But then, I think, that since crytpocurrency is a different currency that is not similar with the traditional ones with its value controlled in the same breath, specifically by the amount of gold reserves. Then, everything has actually has a hand in somewhat controlling or affecting its value, ranging from the news, how the community supports it, how big companies invest in it. I think they all have their own effects.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
October 14, 2018, 02:00:28 PM
There are exchanges that have some control, action of the traders are also a deciding factor, the miners have some control over it, the payment network, and the team that develops such currencies.
Exchanges are very influential when it comes to the price of cryptocurrencies in general, almost all the money invested in the market of cryptocurrencies is moving through them, because as we know decentralized exchanges still have very low volumes compared to their centralized counterparts, so it's clear to me they have some control over the prices.
Activity: 938
Merit: 105
October 14, 2018, 12:32:29 PM
Precisely you are right, greed people those whales controlling the market flow price. Since they have profit on their strategy they are repeatedly doing those techniques. And those having fair people they easily having panic selling on their stocks that make them laugh when they have a huge profit. So, let's help the market, hold your wallet as long as you can on this bearish trend market.
Activity: 120
Merit: 1
October 14, 2018, 12:15:17 PM
of course investors who have very large funds, to control the market requires a lot of money and the right strategy. they control the market to get low prices and for personal gain.
Activity: 379
Merit: 254
Knowledge is power
October 14, 2018, 12:00:25 PM
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
October 14, 2018, 10:58:00 AM
As far as i know no one controling the market of crypto and bitcoin. But market can be manipulate by some big investor or whales. Thats why im favor of bitcoin etf because market is already manipulate so what are worry for? If bitcoin etf will approve im surely it will pump
Activity: 196
October 14, 2018, 07:22:07 AM
All together, we crypto holders, and enthusiast have the power to control the market, but in the same time, big whales, speculators can have a big influence too, but I believe, this influence can be decreased, as more players join, especially individuals with proper knowledge.
Activity: 840
Merit: 105
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 14, 2018, 07:14:54 AM
It is normal for people and institutions with a large crypto portfolio to have the power to influence the market. I can't say that the crypto market is being fully controlled but they are make to effective the prices the rising and down.

I agree. It has really an effect to the market. Whales has a huge factor that to the ups and  downs of the market but then we cannot really say that they are the one in full control. But hen they still have. All in all it is the market or the investors who are in control of the overall market. It is you, even when you have small investment.
Activity: 560
Merit: 13
October 14, 2018, 07:00:35 AM
The people are the controller of the market. It is upon to the people who will buy or sell the coin he had. If he set his buy at higher price then market reacts upon his decision. Many people believe that market is only for whales but they don't believe that market discounts everything.
Activity: 336
Harmony for One and All
October 14, 2018, 04:57:08 AM
if thingking about this, market right now can be controled by a person or group of person that being a whale, that they are holding that much of coin in their pocket, but if that they are trying to make some shaking in the market
Activity: 1764
October 14, 2018, 04:03:44 AM
I think that the big players control mainly the entire cryptocurrency market, but also in some countries where the cryptocurrency is legalized, I think there governments also influence the market, also various news related to cryptocurrency also affect the market, so there are many factors and only a small part is known.
Activity: 490
October 14, 2018, 03:49:08 AM
I've been in this market for three years and i think there are big bitcoin investors and mybe they are almost  one hundred people and they control all market and when they want to price up they can take price up , for example  bitcoin price does not fall below 6000 dollars and when it could be posible  , someone start to buy bitcoin and the price is going up , it shows us some big investors  control this market .
definitely true, all forms of market can be manipulated wether a stock or a crypto or whatsoever, theres just some that are rich enough to hold huge amount of assets that can move prices, like the survey said 90% among bitcoin holders only hold less than 1 bitcoin, tge 90% are the elites, but this number doesnt mean we cant take profit, knowledge will make profit in the market.
Activity: 378
Merit: 16
October 14, 2018, 02:49:16 AM
many say that controlling the price of the cryptocurrency market is whales who have billions of dollars and they live in groups
I myself am still in doubt, actually who are the whales which he said could make cryptocurrency prices rise and fall according to their wishes
Activity: 406
October 14, 2018, 12:46:49 AM
Remember, this whole thing about crypto is largely decentralized, thus, there is no single authoritative body in control of the crypto market. Although there are few centralized platforms among crypto, the market is largely influenced by the efforts and influence of the users of crypto. How well sellers and buyers treat the coins on the market affect the performance of the market.

I don't think anyone actually controls the market. Cryptocurrency market is a free market for everyone.

Someone can control the price and volume of a token tho. If you're a billionaire and own or has a huge part investing in top 10 cryptocurrency, then you can manipulate now the price of a certain coin. These people are called whales. So yes my friend, you can control the market.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
October 13, 2018, 10:26:52 PM
No one controls the market, but the whales take their part in the market to moves the price up and down. It could be easily to move the price for them especially if they have more than 100,000 btc and we know that many people have this amount. The earlier player can have much bitcoin in that time because it's only a few people that mining bitcoin and they can collect more than that amount. So, when we see each market have the volume 10,000 btc then one whale can move the price quickly. But I don't think that they can do this in anytime because the market depends on the other traders.
Pages:
Jump to: