Pages:
Author

Topic: Who controls the market? - page 29. (Read 32409 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 256
October 07, 2018, 11:30:41 PM
Worst comes to worst when the market continues to fall, there are some individual to who control the market and let's say for example for proof-of-work consensus like bitcoin mining. The one who control the market are those miners who share a huge amount of mining pool like in China where the majority of the pool owns by bitmain and during the bear market they can dictate the price as long as they can have enough profit. Let's say the cost to mine 1 bitcoin is 3000 USD in China they can still dictate the price for as low as 5000 to 6000 USD as long as it is still profitable.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
October 07, 2018, 11:01:49 PM
It is decentralized so in essence no one entity controls it. That is the basis and ideal of crypto currency operating in an ideal world. I think the control is to the people who actually owns the coins and holds it. Do lon as there are many floating unsold coins or coins that are just basically sleeping then you will see substantial movement from it price wise.
Activity: 634
Merit: 10
October 07, 2018, 07:20:18 PM
No one controls the market other than us, the users. We control the market. Our everyday transactions makes up the prices of every coins and tokens in the market. No other third party controls it, not even VIP investors or those who we call whales.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 518
October 07, 2018, 06:01:45 PM
whales who have a lot of balance in their wallets, they are able to control the market. let's say there is not only one whales, but many whales have a lot of balance too. when they all sell, the price will drop, because the demands on bitcoin can be said to decrease. and when they all buy again, the price will be fast at the pump, because the demands on bitcoin increase.
We knew that we are in decentralized market and with that, there is nothing have taking control into these. Market whales are just VIP investors and they could probably make some changes in the market trend but it doesn't mean that they are controlling these.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
October 07, 2018, 02:55:04 PM
I think, the control is not just in the hands of one whale, there may be several whale groups that greatly affect the rising or falling of the price. Where we just follow what the whales want to take profits more than all of us and the whales want to be even richer, therefore the whales greatly influence the market control but not everything.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 135
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 06, 2018, 05:38:19 AM
I think cryptocurrencies are free, nobody can control the price of the market, the cryptocurrency market is everyone's free market.

Probably it is. But here's the thing. If there are more people or investors that are into cryptocurrency, the price of it will rise. The market value will go up and it is a good thing. That is why the market is somewhat controlled by people who are using it. There is a possibility that they are the one in charge of it.
Activity: 82
Merit: 1
October 06, 2018, 05:31:18 AM
Remember, this whole thing about crypto is largely decentralized, thus, there is no single authoritative body in control of the crypto market. Although there are few centralized platforms among crypto, the market is largely influenced by the efforts and influence of the users of crypto. How well sellers and buyers treat the coins on the market affect the performance of the market.

We control the market.The crypto whales might manipulate us to panic sell or to buy,but we control the market.By the way,the crypto market has nothing to do with the "centralized vs. decentralized" debate.
I really like when newbies post pointless questions and answer their pointless questions in the same post. Grin
Yeah we know that there are some powerful people who control crypto market. They change the directions of the market according to their well. These people billions of dollars in the previous years due to high price at the end, but suddenly we saw huge dip in the price because they sold all their holding. The price suddenly dropped and they bought once again.
Activity: 714
Merit: 11
BountyMarketCap
October 06, 2018, 03:21:01 AM
whales who have a lot of balance in their wallets, they are able to control the market. let's say there is not only one whales, but many whales have a lot of balance too. when they all sell, the price will drop, because the demands on bitcoin can be said to decrease. and when they all buy again, the price will be fast at the pump, because the demands on bitcoin increase.
Activity: 378
October 06, 2018, 02:53:37 AM
Bitcoin is not a small thing to control by a single or few people it is a strong system which is expanded in the world and no one can control it but they can do their shares in the market and bitcoin market is controlling naturally by market forces and big whales also manipulating the market but some bad news also affect the whole market.
Activity: 282
Merit: 4
dApps Development Automation Platform
October 06, 2018, 02:31:55 AM
Control the processes in the market, those who own large capital. They can influence the behavior of other market participants. In this way, indirect control takes place.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 06, 2018, 02:10:36 AM
No one controls the market because it is decentralized. But big money can drive the market. These are real manipulators.
Decentralized is one thing but whales control the market cap because they have a lot of money to first buy the coins and then dump those on the ordinary people.
Activity: 602
October 05, 2018, 08:11:34 PM
The market is controlled by all players in the cryptocurrency market which include  the coins owners, the investors, the exchanges among others. If we say that the market is 100% centralized, then there would be no regulations
Activity: 192
Merit: 3
October 05, 2018, 06:17:31 PM
I think that has the biggest investment that can control the market. I know this is a simple thought that is not based on real data data, but logically it is true right?
excemple that a traditional market will not run without a capital owner.
maybe also big miners who can control the market or we can actually control the market. this is part of my opinion if I am wrong please tell me.
Activity: 121
Merit: 1
October 05, 2018, 02:17:33 PM
the party that determines the price depends on the type of market that occurs.
Broadly speaking, there are several types of markets, if the market is monopoly where the seller is only one while there are many buyers.
Activity: 1936
Merit: 290
October 05, 2018, 11:53:08 AM
Actually seller and buyer people getting control the Market and have Exchanger also,now we have understood lot of bad Exchanger have in crypto market.this Exchange site do it added many normal coin and scam coin.it give us big distrub with our trader people.so market do it control people and they are buy and sales.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
October 05, 2018, 11:29:57 AM
Remember, this whole thing about crypto is largely decentralized, thus, there is no single authoritative body in control of the crypto market. Although there are few centralized platforms among crypto, the market is largely influenced by the efforts and influence of the users of crypto. How well sellers and buyers treat the coins on the market affect the performance of the market.

I think that there is no such centalised body who have the control over the bitcoins or the cryptocurrency as you mentioned.
Going back to op, i think that it is us who control the price for bitcoins with the demand and supply going on. The high demand for bitcoins will affect in the rise for bitcoins and vice-versa low demand will affect in the price drop.
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
October 05, 2018, 11:14:51 AM
We define democracy as government of the people, for the people and by the people. If I want to apply this ideology to cryptocurrency market, the cryptocurrency market is control by people and for the people.
staff
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1610
The Naija & BSFL Sherrif 📛
October 05, 2018, 11:02:45 AM
i think no one can control the market of cryptocurrency. why? its not just like a shopping mall and put barcode on each one and say ohhh this is 100 US dollars and this is 1 US dollars for me this just like a gambling the roll of dace you can win and you can lose to.and most of as are just guessing what is worth and it not. their are many debate and we are just guessing .its like a fake news ohh don`t try the cryptocurrency it is scam. for me is not its just gambling
Activity: 237
Merit: 10
October 05, 2018, 10:53:25 AM
People and their demand controls the market, if there are few demands the price will fall due to some weak holders.
Market can also be control by whales who hold a lot of tokens.
If they want to get more numbers they will just put sell orders in huge amount. and set a buy orders in lower price.
Activity: 107
Merit: 0
October 05, 2018, 10:47:36 AM
someone or organisation might have some power over some portion of the market but not all. no one is having more power compare others, it is quite a fair game.

I do not agree about it, whales have a greater portion of it and they are manipulating the market. They are the ones who is doing the price manipulations and I think it will never stop.
Pages:
Jump to: